Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2008, 08:22 AM

620 posts, read 1,951,054 times

Advertisements

Good morning Campers!

Crazyma- Hopefully, your computer gets well quick and you too! Did you do anything special for your birthday?

Judy- Thank you for sharing the link. I knew you weren't trying to scare me, it was just reality. We are moving into a subdivision so really there are neighbors around. Really, I am sure like everyone said the man is just POd at his wife bottom line and he is just unclear about what to do.

Hammy- I you trying to tell us something? Your little ham is an only right? You never know, maybe when you are settled in your new house fireworks will happen! LOL.

Today, its so dreary and gloomy. I need to do a couple of errands, but its yucky out. When I was talking to my hubby he brought up something I didn't even think about.

Our agent said during the offer phase they would lower the commission for the seller to 5%. We were like you know that has nothing to do with us. NOW WE KNOW WHY they lowered the commission. They wanted to be done with this seller! LOL.

Texas- Did I miss it... what is going on with your house?

I hope you all have a great day whatever you are doing!

Old 12-04-2008, 08:30 AM

959 posts, read 1,824,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raising3boys View Post

Hammy- I you trying to tell us something? Your little ham is an only right? You never know, maybe when you are settled in your new house fireworks will happen! LOL.
I think the pretty much says it all. LOL Yep - he is an only but we really don't think we will have another. But - never say never.

Kristine

Old 12-04-2008, 08:35 AM

Lol Hammy...like you said never say never. You know, I never ever thought we would have another either. I get some nosy people asking...do ALL 3 boys have the SAME dad? That was the first question a teacher I worked with asked when she heard their ages. She was older, but NOSY!.

For the record,...yes, they do have the same daddy. We just have them spread out. LOL. When I say only the 2 year old was planned they just look ~ !

NEVER SAY NEVER

Old 12-04-2008, 08:48 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,444,124 times
Raising, Mine are almost 10 yrs apart!!! I get the same question, my standard reply is I don't know, lol, it stops the question most of the time after the jaws drop!!! But I also get alot of the OHs too.

The sky is getting really dark and the wind is picking up here, another bearable day in "sunny Fl". I have to say the insomia is getting the better of me, I hate to admit this but I tried to put the vacumn in the fridge, eekkks............

Old 12-04-2008, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raising3boys View Post
Lol Hammy...like you said never say never. You know, I never ever thought we would have another either. I get some nosy people asking...do ALL 3 boys have the SAME dad? That was the first question a teacher I worked with asked when she heard their ages. She was older, but NOSY!.

For the record,...yes, they do have the same daddy. We just have them spread out. LOL. When I say only the 2 year old was planned they just look ~ !

NEVER SAY NEVER
OMG - I would never ask something if all their kids have the same dad! WTH??

What are your boys ages again? I always think of you when I wonder if we waited to long and it is to late to have another. I always think, nope - raising has boys further apart!

Kristine

Old 12-04-2008, 08:57 AM

So for those with kids far apart - how was it to start all over with a baby? My Dh is hesitant to have another because Connor is almost 5 and will be starting Kindergarten in the fall. He does not really want to go back to the sleepless days of having an infant. And how do you work vacations with the kids so far apart? How do you find something for everyone? Then there is the whole daycare thing. I am so excited to be done with daycare in the fall. We currently pay $930.00 a month and having an infant would be $1400.00 a month

I have to admit, I have been feeling the baby thing since Thanksgiving but that is because we have 2 new babies in the family. One is 4 1/2 months and the other is 3 weeks old. SO CUTE!!!

Kristine

Old 12-04-2008, 08:58 AM

Our boys are 2 -Lucas ( will be 3 in March) Nicolas - 13 ( will be 14 in June) and Trenton-17 ( will be 18 in July)

Yes, I will be taking my little 3 year old on a college campus to visit his big brother! LOL. T was 14 when Lucas was born. He was just like freaking out around his friends. Not because he was getting a little brother, but....HE KNEW HOW HIS LITTLE BROTHER CAME TO BE! He knew his friends would know too..LOL..

I always tell people all of our kids got exactly what they needed. They never really went through the sibling rivilary. They get along.

The best thing that came out of the little one for the boys is they will be great dads! They know what to expect. However, my oldest says that he NEVER WANTS kids because of his little brother.

Right now, our little guy is great birth control for him! LOL

Old 12-04-2008, 09:07 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,849,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammy5 View Post
What? LOL this cracked me up!

Thanks for this. I sent it to everyone I know!

Baby Ham is doing just great! Thanks for asking. Although the other day he did tell me that he wants me to have a baby in my tummy.

Raising - I would really look into all the things that were mentioned here. There are WAY to many crazy people out there and you just don't want to risk anything. What an ass this guy was!

Kristine

Hammy old saying-"new house, new baby."

Old 12-04-2008, 09:09 AM

We were so fortunate about daycare. My mom watched Lucas up until this year. It all worked out. Now, as far as next school year...Lucas will have to go into daycare. I am not thrilled, but it will have to be. I am advocate of preschool, but its going to be tough because he hasn't been before. I know its going to be expensive.

As far as vacations, we never really had any problems. Our first two were 4 years apart, and honestly, we took them everywhere we went. We did the Disney thing ( we lived in Florida) and all that. Never had problems. We have gone to Atlanta to Stone Mountain and Nicolas was 2 and Trenton was 6...no problems. Actually, I think your second ALWAYS tries to keep up with the first one!

I think it is all how your family handles it. Now, as far as sleepless nights. All three of mine slept through at 5 weeks or so. We were so fortunate! HOWEVER....

Lucas was a colic baby....OMG...I thought I would go insane. He was so head strong too...Oh, wait he still is!

I thought I wanted a girl so bad...now you couldn't pay me to have another baby. Lucas is a hand full.

During Thanksgiving, I held my 3month old cousin and someone asked don't you want to try for a girl...H@%% NO!!!!

Painter- I didn't realize your kids were far apart too.

I often wonder how people do it with 2 in diapers. ( My mom did.) UGH.

Old 12-04-2008, 09:11 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,444,124 times
Hammey, There is never a right or wrong time when you want to have another baby. I was told not to have kids because of the strain on my heart and I took every possible precaution not to get pregnant, but I did anyway. Then with my second I was told I couldn't get pregnant and still took birth control and well I still got pregnant! Lost the second baby in the 4th month, tubal. Then they put me on 3 bc pills a day, I was messed up big time. Then less then 3 mon. later I was pregnant again! My dd was a twin but the other baby didn't survive the first tri. So the moral of this long story is sometimes GOD has plans for us that we just don't understand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate