Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2008, 11:53 AM

620 posts, read 1,950,910 times

Advertisements

I just want to bust out laughing right now...

My agent called and said that everything was good on our end with the title company. She said however there was two ISSUES on the sellers end.

Imagine that.

They had to send a paper to a judge to be signed because of the restraining order. The clerk said it will be signed by the judge in the order it was received. -Great.

Also, apparently the taxes on the sellers end were messed up. So there was a stall on that end too.

Its like can ANYTHING else happen?

I did just call and confirm our movers though. The people are great and said if we do have to change dates they could. ( Its not the busy season apparently!) LOL

Old 12-04-2008, 11:58 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,848,116 times
Raising this nightmare has to have a happy ending!!!

Old 12-04-2008, 12:09 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,370,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raising3boys View Post
.Texas- Did I miss it... what is going on with your house?
Hmmm.... I have a 2nd showing on Saturday. That's all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammy5 View Post
I think the pretty much says it all. LOL Yep - he is an only but we really don't think we will have another. But - never say never.

Kristine
Now that would be something for us to celebrate!!

Quote:
Lol I get some nosy people asking...do ALL 3 boys have the SAME dad? That was the first question a teacher I worked with asked when she heard their ages. She was older, but NOSY!.

For the record,...yes, they do have the same daddy. We just have them spread out. LOL. When I say only the 2 year old was planned they just look ~ !
The audacity!!! I can't believe someone would have the NERVE to ask that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Raising, Mine are almost 10 yrs apart!!! I get the same question, my standard reply is I don't know, lol, it stops the question most of the time after the jaws drop!!! But I also get alot of the OHs too......
What a great reply!!

Old 12-04-2008, 12:20 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,443,845 times
Lets add my "lookers" to the catagory with the china man and grass sniffers! Their agent just called mine and said to write them off because------since she could'nt get ahold of them she did a property search in the counties that they are "suppose' to own houses. You got it, they are not listed anywhere in those counties, so now she doesn't even know if that was there real names,lol. So I feel safe to say they just didn't have anything else to do and as much as I hate to say it my first impression of them was correct. So now there are no lookers, no possibles and no calls again.

Raising, I sure hope they get everything in correct order so that you can close and be done with all the drama sellers cause. So close now, it won't be long and you will be smiling!! Just hang tough...

Old 12-04-2008, 12:24 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,182,553 times
hey campers...busy here trying to get my computer fixed.Or at least enough info I don't get completely ripped off when I take it to the shop.LOL....i will be back!
hang tight, naughty lookers be daymned!!

Old 12-04-2008, 12:24 PM

959 posts, read 1,824,106 times
Quote:
I just want to bust out laughing right now...

My agent called and said that everything was good on our end with the title company. She said however there was two ISSUES on the sellers end.

Imagine that.

They had to send a paper to a judge to be signed because of the restraining order. The clerk said it will be signed by the judge in the order it was received. -Great.

Also, apparently the taxes on the sellers end were messed up. So there was a stall on that end too.

Its like can ANYTHING else happen?

I did just call and confirm our movers though. The people are great and said if we do have to change dates they could. ( Its not the busy season apparently!) LOL
You have GOT to be kidding. What is with this guy????? I would be in tears by now.

Quote:
Lets add my "lookers" to the catagory with the china man and grass sniffers! Their agent just called mine and said to write them off because------since she could'nt get ahold of them she did a property search in the counties that they are "suppose' to own houses. You got it, they are not listed anywhere in those counties, so now she doesn't even know if that was there real names,lol. So I feel safe to say they just didn't have anything else to do and as much as I hate to say it my first impression of them was correct. So now there are no lookers, no possibles and no calls again.

Raising, I sure hope they get everything in correct order so that you can close and be done with all the drama sellers cause. So close now, it won't be long and you will be smiling!! Just hang tough...
WTH is wrong with people? I cannot believe they gave the agent bogus information! If your that bored, go to some open houses! Don't waste peoples time, energy and get people all excited about a sale.

Kristine

Old 12-04-2008, 12:34 PM

620 posts, read 1,950,910 times
Painter- OH MY! I guess the the agents there do not take a copy of their drivers license before showing them properties. Here and when I lived in SC, the agents always took a copy of it. They said it was for "safety" so that when they left the office that people would know who there with. They only took it the first time you met it the office.
I am sorry - I have never been THAT bored that I would just go and look at houses with an agent. Granted, we will drive around on our own and "peek" into windows of new builds, but not with an agent.
I am sorry that they weren't REAL! Its like a fairy tale ok scary story we all are living through!

TG@H- I thought you were having an upcoming showing. Do you know anything about these potential buyers?

Old 12-04-2008, 12:48 PM

Quote:
TG@H- I thought you were having an upcoming showing. Do you know anything about these potential buyers?
My showing was a few weeks ago. Then a woman came to look at it 2 weeks ago...loved it and wanted her husband to see it. They were supposed to come last Sat morning. Well, the husband couldn't make it again so she brought her parents. So now this Sat he is supposed to come at 2 pm. Keeping my fingers crossed. That's all I know about them.

Old 12-04-2008, 12:48 PM

7,726 posts, read 1,888,759 times
My "kids" are 44 and 38. I decided to have my son when my daughter went to kindergarten because I felt lost with her gone 2 whole hours a day lol!!! You never know Hammy you may get lonesome for one too!!!

Raising you are going to need to get you and hubby the biggest bottle of champagne you can find when you finally get in your home!!! Talk about going through h***, you haven't had a break at all with that guy!!!

Painter those people sound really strange!!! I can't imagine having so little to do in your life that looking at homes you have no intention on buying is what they do for enjoyment. Talk about people who need to get a life!!! Hang in there, we will get our places sold one of these days and probably will be in such a shock we won't believe it!!!

Last edited by Judy P.; 12-04-2008 at 01:00 PM..

Old 12-04-2008, 12:51 PM

Quote:
What a bunch of jerks. Keep the faith, girl.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate