Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2008, 07:48 PM

10 posts, read 14,622 times

Advertisements

It would give me great hope to hear of someone having good luck with Bank Owned and FHA financing, so if your out there please share your success.

Old 12-04-2008, 08:09 PM

2,124 posts, read 8,819,425 times
I am working a short sale right now that is coming together. We got 3 offers, bank countered, one of them came back at the right price. it was accepted by the bank and they have submitted to the mortgage investor (fannie mae, freddi mac) and now we are just waiting for them. wish us luck : ) hopefully we will get a good answer before Christmas (bank negotiator thinks so....)

It can happen.

shelly

Old 12-05-2008, 02:47 AM

1,261 posts, read 4,260,264 times
Crazy,
Happy birthday!

Smokipenelope,
Welcome!

Raising,
Holy cow! That is crazy! Wow.

I went to the doctor Tuesday. Ugh. I really didn't want to go, but I knew I had to. My doctor thinks a cyst may have ruptured in one of my ovaries. (I have PCOS - polycistic ovarian syndrom.) I have to go back for an ultrasound on Tuesday. In the meantime, I'm on medication that will hopefully put things back to normal. Lord knows I'm tired of hurting. It's been two weeks now.

I went Christmas shopping for my kids yesterday. I'm almost done with their shopping. Just have to get them new bikes and order my son a Dale Earnhardt Jr. jacket that he wants. Then I have to buy for my husband (who wants nothing :-\ ), my mom, my brother and his wife (already bought her son a gift) and my husband's sister and her family.

Oh, I saw baby talk. I've had baby fever for a couple weeks now, but my husband doesn't want anymore kids. We have two kids - an 11-year-old son and an 8-year-old daughter. They did a pregnancy test when I went to the doctor Tuesday in case I was having a miscarriage. It was negative. I'm glad. I think I would've cried if I had been having a miscarriage. I was watching a movie a couple nights ago that I had rented and one of the characters had a baby. I cried a little when she was in the bed holding her tiny son. *sigh*

Enough rambling from me. I hope everyone is well.

Old 12-05-2008, 08:32 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,432,802 times
Morning campers, Poppin' in to see if anyone was around, nope.
Niki, Girl I sure hope you get straightened out soon and feeling better!
Raising, Dont you have your closing today?
Texas, 24 more hours, lol, and then on to looking in Austin-positive thinking!

Nothing new here, siggghhh

Old 12-05-2008, 09:20 AM

620 posts, read 1,947,273 times

Hi everyone!

Niki-Its great seeing you back. Hopefully, you get everything under control at the doctor's and you feel better soon! You have been busy girl shopping! Last minute, will be what I am doing. Thank goodness, none of my boys want anything that will be hard to get.

Shelly- You are great with all of your advice. Glad you started checking in here. I know we ALL appreciate hearing from you.

JW- I am not "up on" those transactions. We are doing a regular transaction and thats bad enough.

TG@H- I think it is typical to feel a little bit of nervous when a new adventure unfolds. What is the worst thing that can happen if you go? You will meet a lot of new people and if you decide that its not for you, then pick up and move back. Right? So what. I think though if you don't try it, you will always play the what if game. You have job security and you can find a job anywhere. I say take the chance and see what happens!

Judy-I am checking into those brands you suggested. I have only looked online though. Thanks! If my boys ever move back home, I am sure I will welcome them with open arms....but hold out my hand for RENT.LOL.

Lorrie-You are right that I am very blessed. My boys are great and knock on wood, we haven't had ANY trouble out of them. I am hoping we always have a close relationship with them.

Are you all really close with your kids? My mom and I are really close. She drives me crazy at times, but I love her. My dad and I thats another story. I haven't spoken to him in 5 years and really the last time was forced on the phone by my grandma ( her son). Now, we found out actually I am living 15 minutes away from my dad. It was a bitter divorce and somehow, I was in the middle.

Painter-No closing wont be today! UGH.. unless a miracle happens. We are still waiting for the paper from the judge for the seller. Crazy!

Old 12-05-2008, 09:24 AM

Oh, for those of you that were talking about stainless appliances...

I still haven't decided what to do. Right now, I am leaning towards the black. You know, I was thinking I just think five years from now stainless will be out.

When I was talking to my grandma she was saying at one time, the hot new thing was the AVOCADO, or GOLD color for kitchens! Do you remember that? Did any of you have that? I remember when I was little my grandma had the GOLD and my other had the AVOCADO. LOL.

Who knows they might come back in! I could be a new trend setter....Oh, I could have a pink tile bathroom too!

If someone has a house like that now, they might be "in" a few years from now. Colors are coming back, look at the washing machines!

Old 12-05-2008, 09:57 AM

I wanted to make the 500th post special....

You all are a AMAZING group! I just want to send a great big heart felt thank you.

Sending you Use the pixie dust for ALL of your dreams and wishes!

Old 12-05-2008, 10:03 AM

3,191 posts, read 9,163,195 times
Good Morning CAMPERS !!! Rise and shine! My computer is going to the shop, so using hubby's laptop, which I despise, but hey it works!
I need to catch up now!

JudyP thanks for the card link,will do.

Hammy, ya never know maybe Baby Ham knows something you don't!! That is a big house, room to grow??!!

TexasG- good luck with the showing Sat.!!! Sounds like she is very interested, bringing the parents and now getting him there-maybe leave some cookies out and a pot of hot coffee???
(I think you had mentioned a friend in Dallas wanting to move back your way...sell him your house!!!!!)
Don't worry about how he feels about down there in Dallas...sometimes it takes a little work to make a place feel like 'home', maybe he has his head wrapped to tight around the GF

Lacey, hope Mr is doing okay- it is always frustrating trying to find out what is going on and what to do about it...sounds like he has a loving wife to be there for him and help

Jwestate-have you even looked at non-bankowned properties? It might be easier to navigate through those. And MANY people are dying to get a half way decent offer. Look at those that have been on the market quite some time- those owners might be more willing to wheel and deal with ya. Don't just limit yourself to the other IMO

Niki- ouch sorry to hear you have been hurting-DD had a cyst not long ago that hurt her awful, but it got better. The doc said lots of women get small ones and never know it, then there are the troublesome ones...speedy recovery to you!! Well you certainly have your shopping all figured out!!

I see where there has been some baby talk on here!!! I will throw this out= have any of you considered adoption?? I wish we could but hubby I think won't go there, at our age LOL...
In the airport the other day they had all those nice big portraits of the older kids and sibling groups that are up for adoption....it breaks my heart...................sure, some have some issues and could be a complete disaster, but gee, maybe a 'normal' life is all those kids really need to help them....ahhh, it is sooooo sad. People have to get license to drive, but not to parent- so many would flunk a parent test I do believe............

OH yes, I had a good birthday-spent the entire time eating our 'comfort' foods- Chikfila Hot Browns, SpeediPig BBQ, Waffle House pattymelt & scattered and smothered, pizza buffet, chicken & dumplings @ Cracker Barrel, AND steaks Daddy cooked on the grill!!! (and a mazingly I didn't gain a pound!!!!)
well I better get busy, have lots of little things to do...Hello to all, even if I didn't mention you!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-05-2008, 10:33 AM

3,191 posts, read 9,163,195 times
Raising- I have a Frigidaire Stainless gas range. There is a warming drawer, which I have never used.Food gets ate too fast! It is also a convection oven, which I have never used I do like the sealed gas burners- easier to keep clean. I HATE the stainless though-I don't care what THEY tell you, it doesn't stay clean. I would go with black or white.heck I even like almond
This is my realistic, but not dream stove- well maybe not the brand but what I would like it to look like-

Maytag: Ranges MER6775BAS (http://www.maytag.com/catalog/product.jsp?src=Ranges&cat=9&prod=1800 - broken link)

OOPS that is the all electric one----I can't figure out how to paste a pic on this laptop!!

anyway- a gas cook top, and bottom gas oven and then the little top oven as electric.(like a built in toaster oven- great for baking little things) Maybe that is what a dual fuel is....

well that is my opinion on ranges!!!

CONGRATULATIONS on your 500th post!!! you are a GREAT CAMPER

Old 12-05-2008, 10:49 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,432,802 times
Crazyma I am with you I hate the stainless, my cooktop is 4 yrs old and it never looks clean. It takes me 30 mins to spit polish. When I bought this house it had green dishwasher, gold stove top, and brown sinks, lol. WITH orange counter tops to boot. Now when I was growing up my mom had a PINK fridge! Does anyone remember those???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate