Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2008, 10:44 AM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,367,312 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Painter that sounds optimistic but.........

Barb-relax and enjoy the cruise.

Hammy-there's no figuring people out.

Back from doctor and our options are surgery to remove 1' of small intestine and reconnect; remicade IV every 8 wks for life; increased prednisone. Right now we'll do the prednisone and hope. We go back in a month and the doctor is going to research everything he can as far as possible new drugs,etc. The one and only thing I'm thankful for here is our doctor, his staff ad the medical care you get. His docs in NJ should have caught this years ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Diet-no veggies, fruits, nuts,popcorn, beans (chili).
Lacey--GO FOR THE REMICADE! I used to be a GI nurse and I worked one on one with a doctor who is top of his field for crohns and ulcerative colitis. I have seen wonderful results with remicade. His patients would come in for their colonoscopies and it was like a miracle...they would be in complete remission. Besides, steroids (prednisone) has so many awful unpleasant side effects....weight gain, depression, irritability....

Old 12-08-2008, 10:49 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,841,918 times
Texas I just received a DM re Humira that I'm going to ask him about also. Thank you-you're my 2nd angel of the day.

Any word yet??????????????????

Old 12-08-2008, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
Texas! I hope you hear something positive today from your buyers!! We will get together to do the glitter graphics one of these days soon!

We went to NY to Rockefeller Center to watch the ice skaters in action,grab something to eat and went to Macy's on 34th! to see Santa!!! It was fun!!! but freezing!!!!! COuldn't even find FAO Schwartz toy store but will go back the day after xmas! get those bargoons!!!!!!!!!!!
Anytime we are on line together, I can help you with the graphics! They are fun to do. I hope I hear something today from the buyers as well. That sounds like a great week-end--would love to go to NYC--I haven't been there for so long.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammy5 View Post
Man Texas - I was hoping so bad I would log in today and see something! Your realtor needs to call you so that we can hear the feedback!
I called my realtor--she already left a message for the other realtor but no feed back yet!
Quote:
Morning all-TexasG hope you hear today. Cold and snowing here-yuk.
Thanks Lacey!

As for my week-end--it was 14-19 degrees yesterday with a wind chill of 7 degrees. I couldn't get warm. Then Sunday, I was so stressed out over the Steelers vs Cowboys game. Thank God, we won that one.

Old 12-08-2008, 11:18 AM

That's a tough one for your Texas!!!!

Everytime I see you've posted I think we have good news.

Old 12-08-2008, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Texas I just received a DM re Humira that I'm going to ask him about also. Thank you-you're my 2nd angel of the day.

Any word yet??????????????????
You're welcome.

No word yet!

Old 12-08-2008, 11:24 AM

Quote:
That's a tough one for your Texas!!!!

Everytime I see you've posted I think we have good news.
Or bad news!!

Oh, I wasn't cheering for the Cowboys--I bleed Black & Gold for my Steelers! I'm sure I'll be an outcast down there when I wear my Black & Gold on Sundays!

Old 12-08-2008, 02:03 PM

534 posts, read 1,594,335 times
Quote:
Thanx Painter-I figured that would be "liquid veggies" as the ilieum is so narrowed now that even a pea would get stuck.

There's a wonderful poster UWBadgers who just dm'd me some wonderful, helpful information. Truly an angel sent at the right time.
I was the one that dm'd Lacey. I have gone through the same thing with my husband and I wanted her to know about Humira. It did miracles for my husband...If I can help anyone, I try. No one should be in pain..

I don't post in this thread since I'm not selling or buying...yet..But have followed since dogmom's adventures in selling her house. I wish everyone on here luck in selling and buying..Some of the stories I have read here shock me. Amazing how rude and inconsiderate some can be..

Good luck all,
UW Badgers...

Old 12-08-2008, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UW Badgers View Post
I was the one that dm'd Lacey. I have gone through the same thing with my husband and I wanted her to know about Humira. It did miracles for my husband...If I can help anyone, I try. No one should be in pain..

I don't post in this thread since I'm not selling or buying...yet..But have followed since dogmom's adventures in selling her house. I wish everyone on here luck in selling and buying..Some of the stories I have read here shock me. Amazing how rude and inconsiderate some can be..

Good luck all,
UW Badgers...
Yes you are my primary angel!!!! LOL I just noticed one page back I gave you a new name!!!

Stay with us and share our house selling miseries!!!!

Old 12-08-2008, 02:21 PM

1,869 posts, read 4,021,926 times
Lacey-that's what I was thinking about, him missing out on vitamins, especially when he really needs them now. Maybe look into a liquid vitamin. Most vitamins are absorbed in the small intestine and with issues there, a liquid would be best for some to get absorbed thru stomach.
Raising, I, too, clean the hotel room before i leave. I dont want anyone to think i'm messy! What about at restaurants? do you "straighten" up the table?? haha

Old 12-08-2008, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoymonkey View Post
Lacey-that's what I was thinking about, him missing out on vitamins, especially when he really needs them now. Maybe look into a liquid vitamin. Most vitamins are absorbed in the small intestine and with issues there, a liquid would be best for some to get absorbed thru stomach.
Raising, I, too, clean the hotel room before i leave. I dont want anyone to think i'm messy! What about at restaurants? do you "straighten" up the table?? haha
Oh Stoy-I think we're related!!! In motels I straighten the bed, wipe down the sinks, straighten everything-have been know to dust. Restaurants I always straighten the table.

Thanks for the idea-I'll look into that.

Feel better??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.