Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2008, 04:35 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,367,988 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDL View Post
Many of the longtime posters know that I have some of the BEST / FUNNIEST rep comments around !!! //www.city-data.com/forum/other...t-curious.html <No brag peeps, just da facts !!!>

But I went out for awhile this afternoon after I repped you and I got to thinking . TexasGirl doesn't know me and what if she thinks I'm a weirdo or stalker !!! So I'm grateful that YOU have a sense of humor when so many others might not have . Of course, I'm not speaking of ANY of my fellow Boot Campers !!! <or am I ???? lol >

p.s.
Just in case you peeps want some 'moties (aka graphics), please feel free to borrow from my stash : //www.city-data.com/forum/commu...cons-ever.html

OMG! I am LMAO right now! Those reps are funny! Yep--I have a great sense of humor--loved what you repped me! Why can't I DM or rep you???? It's starting to p*ss me off. I will be borrowing from your stash, so if you see any that look familiar.....

Old 11-21-2008, 04:43 PM

Old 11-21-2008, 05:03 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,519,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judy P. View Post
Life is very fragile. My hubby had a heart attack a year and a half ago at the age of 57. I will never forget when they took him into surgery and I asked the doctor if he was going to be o.k. and the doctor told me "I can't tell you that." It was like someone had stabbed me in the heart. I never was so glad to see a doctor and dreaded it at the same time when he came out to the waiting room ( they had me in a private waiting room, not a good sign) it seemed like forever for him to say my hubby was doing fine. I laughed and cried at the same time. My poor daughters arms were bruised from me holding on to her. I learned from that day forward to NEVER forget to tell the people in my life how very much I love them.

He was a smoker and the doctor said that is why he had the heart attack, so if you smoke PLEASE STOP for the sake of your loved ones if not for yourself!!!
Oh Judy I know the pain when you ask the surgeon will he be OK and then the endless waiting. So many things that should have been said and never was goes through your mind and then you get a second chance. That second chance you then do and say everything right because there might not be a third chance.

I am the smoker and what can I say but asking my husbands doctors why did this happen when he had stopped smoking so many years ago and I do not smoke in the house they told me if you smoke two years the damage has already been done. Half of me says I will stop smoking and the other half says why bother.

Old 11-21-2008, 05:40 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,443,053 times
I love decorating for Christmas and even though I probably wont this yr. My opinion for what it is worth. Simple, classic and tasteful. Use white, silver and red or some other limited color choice. The reason I say this is the white and silver will reflect light and draws attention without being distracting, simple table peices like clear vases with cut flowers and greenery ect. Same with lights on mantles go with the white instead of color, here to you dont wont to distract from a fireplace. But hey what do I know?

Old 11-21-2008, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoymonkey View Post
Texasgirl, maybe he had that cowboy hat you're looking for!!! hehe
Hey Stoy...this is the kind of cowboy I had in mind....

Old 11-21-2008, 05:50 PM

oh lordy lordy ----help me!!!!!

Old 11-21-2008, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorriem View Post
I am the smoker and what can I say but asking my husbands doctors why did this happen when he had stopped smoking so many years ago and I do not smoke in the house they told me if you smoke two years the damage has already been done. Half of me says I will stop smoking and the other half says why bother.
Oh Lorrie...it's not too late. You can undo the damage to your lungs d/t smoking. I am a heart/lung transplant ICU nurse--trust me--it's never too late.

Old 11-21-2008, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
oh lordy lordy ----help me!!!!!
Girl...you gotta come visit me once I get settled in Texas!

Old 11-21-2008, 05:57 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,519,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
Oh Lorrie...it's not too late. You can undo the damage to your lungs d/t smoking. I am a heart/lung transplant ICU nurse--trust me--it's never too late.
I do trust you but why would hubby's surgeon at Moffitt and his ONC tell me that?

Old 11-21-2008, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
Girl...you gotta come visit me once I get settled in Texas!
Best watch the invites I just may take you up on it one day!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate