Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2012, 03:25 PM

62 posts, read 180,793 times

Advertisements

My purchase contract (short sale) expired on Sunday and I don't think it was a slip-up. I told my agent on Thursday that my contract was expiring. She didn't say anything about an extension. On Friday I called and asked her about an extension among other things and she said she would draw one up. On Saturday I asked about it again, she finally sent one for me to sign Saturday afternoon. The seller and their agent are hard to contact (my agent has been working with the seller's agent's assistant), so I asked her if they knew it was expiring. She said they did and they are working hard to get it through. So I thought that I would get a signed extension on Sunday. No word on Sunday. Today, still no word. So I contacted my agent and asked her to find out. What's been on my mind since Saturday is that this isn't accident. First of all, she's my agent. Shouldn't she know that the contract is expiring and ask me if I wanted an extension? Why did she stall on Thursday and Friday to do anything about it? I just wonder if maybe she wanted the contract to expire so that she could either stop working with me, buy the place herself, or get it for another buyer. Am I just being paranoid? And also, an expired contract is game over, right? This could go back on the market right now, couldn't it?

Last edited by only1beebs; 07-23-2012 at 03:41 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate