Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2009, 07:00 AM

2,249 posts, read 8,893,102 times

Advertisements

White-out? Ummm...no, not unless it is initialed by both parties indicating they know something was whited-out. Generally a cross through of the phrase/number, whatever, is done with initials again by both parties to acknowledge they know about the change.
Ernest money requirements depend on the contract and how it is written up. Ernest money shows good faith, that the buyer will follow through on the contract. It can sometimes give you an advantage over someone else bidding...if yours is more than the other persons the seller may feel more comfortable, that you are more serious. Same thing with the pre-qual. If you send it and the other person doesn't sometimes the seller feels more comfortable. (even though they really are useless)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2009, 04:37 PM

1,155 posts, read 3,386,660 times
Wow, sorry Dennis that your dealing with that kind of character. I agree with all the posters, I would call everyone involved, and even the local board, as people like that, hurt the image of our profession, and supprised a person of that type, is still in buisness, and has not already lost their liscense. Like one poster, the broker needs to know, if he doen not already, and move on, and find a great professional, and good luck.

Old 01-11-2009, 07:26 AM

36 posts, read 103,293 times
yes absoloutely get the word out. Also if the agent has anything to do with the other offer, there is probably due cause to have it null and void...if she lied to you about the timing of the offers. You should no have been treated like that and she took advantage of your "good guy" nature. let this "successful agent" be exposed... Oh andof course get the house you love too

Old 01-11-2009, 07:39 AM

oh one last thought, If you haven't already done so, you need to ASAP contact the broker of this agent tell this story and have them represent you in this transaction because this agent has "screwed you and will continue to" Make it very clear that if you do not get this property it is due to the initial lie told by the agent(offer made) and you will see to it justice prevails....instill some fear in this brokerage ( they probably have a clue that this agent is like this) but your best bet is to get the word out there so the BS stops and you can get this house.

Old 01-15-2009, 07:00 AM

13 posts, read 60,106 times
Hey Folks-ready for another 'oh man, why me' update? I input his name into my state's license search sight....NOT Found. Could be an anomoly, but considering all the above, how telling is this discovery, and how are they able to write contract for me so boldly?

Old 01-15-2009, 09:41 AM

Hi Dennis,
I am no expert in RE but you should contact the listing agent on your own and deal with them directly You are not doing yourself any favors to deal with "your agent/ fraud" anymore. If you really want this house, are prequalified and have the $$$ make the moves to acquire it...don't pussyfoot around this dingdong fraud guy you must be proactive...If you signed a buyers agent_ get out of it ASAP have it in writing tell this "agent" you will report him ASAP if he does not null and void your contract. To acquire RE and draw up a contract (forms can be found online) it is not rocket science. If you are not represented the listing agent will draw up the your offer and be happy about getting the xtra commis

Good luck be bold Move forward

RE pros chime in...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate