Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2009, 05:26 PM

6,948 posts, read 6,869,734 times

Advertisements

If I wanted to find agent who deals with overseas offices, how would I go about finding a reliable and good agent in the USA?

Preferably one who has more than one or two such offices on their books.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2009, 08:28 AM

178 posts, read 1,227,462 times
I'm not sure I understand what you're asking...are you searching for an agent in the US or China? Are you searching for property in the US or China?

Old 01-23-2009, 08:57 AM

215 posts, read 788,994 times
ocpaul contact the National Association of Realtors, they should be able to help you with finding an agent.

Old 02-05-2009, 05:05 PM

I was really trying to find out which real estate companies would be most likely to have more than just one or two overseas offices on their books.

If I wanted to open an office overseas then I would be looking for recommendadtions for good and reliable agents who could handle the negotiations for me and that people had used before. This is the only way that I know of to find the kind of estate agents I want to use and recommend to others if asked.

Other people coming to the forum looking for this information on where to start looking for overseas office information would find it useful to have a thread on this I think.

It is strange that no-one has become well-known for this service as there must be a process that companies go through when they want to open a reps office of headquarters not in the US.

Nearly all of us work for companies, some of us are in positions of power ourselves and some of us are asked to find out this kind of information by others (directors etc. ). If we have never done this or been asked to do this before, then where do we start?

Yes thanks, the NAR is a good place to begin our searcht, but they must be impartial and cannot recommend any one agent. That is what these forums are for, to be a source for 'word on the street' about different things and in a way, it is a source for beneficial 'rep' for the good agents too. In these more difficult times, any positive feedback can only help boost business and the economy back to normal once again.

Old 02-05-2009, 05:21 PM

1,422 posts, read 2,303,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
I was really trying to find out which real estate companies would be most likely to have more than just one or two overseas offices on their books.

If I wanted to open an office overseas then I would be looking for recommendadtions for good and reliable agents who could handle the negotiations for me and that people had used before. This is the only way that I know of to find the kind of estate agents I want to use and recommend to others if asked.

Other people coming to the forum looking for this information on where to start looking for overseas office information would find it useful to have a thread on this I think.

It is strange that no-one has become well-known for this service as there must be a process that companies go through when they want to open a reps office of headquarters not in the US.

Nearly all of us work for companies, some of us are in positions of power ourselves and some of us are asked to find out this kind of information by others (directors etc. ). If we have never done this or been asked to do this before, then where do we start?

Yes thanks, the NAR is a good place to begin our searcht, but they must be impartial and cannot recommend any one agent. That is what these forums are for, to be a source for 'word on the street' about different things and in a way, it is a source for beneficial 'rep' for the good agents too. In these more difficult times, any positive feedback can only help boost business and the economy back to normal once again.

Here's one US based company that deals with commercial real estate worldwide:

Commercial Real Estate Services in Greater China (http://www.cbre.com.cn/china/eng/default.aspx - broken link)

Also allied with a well known UK firm, DTZ, and a Hong Kong based firm.

I suggest you post on the "China" section of a US expat forum somewhere

Old 02-07-2009, 04:09 PM

Thanks to everyone for all the suggestions. Actually, I have already posted adverts in the classifieds of a lot of expat forums (well, maybe 5 or 6 ) that cater for expats in Beijing but there they reach only a few of the possible audience and I was looking to widen the exposure a little. The other thing I thought was that most of the people on these expat forums are already here in Beijing or are in the process of moving to a company already established here. I would like to try and find companies who are still searching for premises.

This thread is an attempt to find out where people go to search for offices overseas and how they find them. It seems that there are only a few companies that deal with this kind of thing, and it is perhaps hit and miss to find them. I have done some internet searches to try and find these companies too but the searches show companies with offices already in Beijing.

Maybe the people on this forum do not deal in this kind of international business, (ie: I am asking in the wrong place) or are not in the market for overseas offices or perhaps this business sector is not well catered for internationally. There must be hundreds of companies each year looking to open offices internationally and the USA (even in depressed times) is probably a good place to start looking.

If there were more than a couple of well-known companies dealing in this kind of business, then I would have expected people in business to have heard of them. I would also expect theses companies to be shouting their name from the rooftops so that anyone who needed their services would be hearing them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate