Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2009, 11:46 AM

1,049 posts, read 3,857,067 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satisfied99 View Post
Wow, I'm surprised this is the company you have chosen. I have sold a few homes. My first of course using an agent. I have used this very company out of different states. I was very pleased and would recommend it to anyone. It accually came with a home selling guide that was very helpful.

The phrase used earlier "you get what you pay for" is right. Fidelityflatfee.com was cheap. I did have to read for some guidence, but everything I needed was there and the sales have gone smoothly. There service was quick, helpful, and very educated. I plan to use them in all my future realestate transaction.

I think flatfee is the way to go. Don't be afraid Kholes even if this is your first time selling. The guidence in there for you.

And afterwards you will enjoy the money you have saved. Best of luck to you!!

Home seller
Congrats on being able to do this yourself, I am just curious, when you used a service like the mls for listing your property fsbo, did you offer a commission to the buyers agent? Or did the buyers pay for that out of thier pocket?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2009, 12:50 PM

5 posts, read 8,030 times
Hello everyone,
Thanks for all the feedback. I've read through their site thoroughly and I can cancel anytime for any reason. No 1 or 2-year contract! They also offer a home selling guide like "Home Seller" mentioned and personal phone support. I can still offer a buyer's agent a 3% commission and save enough to lower the price of my home to beat competition and get a quick sell. Also, they are #1 in Utah for listings sold by flat fee brokers. I'm going to give these guys a try. I'll let everyone know how it goes.
Thanks again for all your input.

Kohles

Last edited by Marka; 02-05-2009 at 04:32 AM.. Reason: removed url

Old 01-30-2009, 09:44 PM

Holy cow! I talk about using a flat fee company instead of a real estate agent and I get attacked!

Somebody sent me a personal message to give me advice (thank you, whoever you are) because they felt like they would be attacked on this forum for going against the "norm." I was almost scared to post a second time because of all the negative feedback I got.

All I wanted was advice. I found this page and decided to see what everybody else thought about it and see if anyone had already tried the service.

Correct me if I'm wrong, is that not what this site is for; to ask questions and get multiple answers and opinions?

I really appreciate all the advice everyone gave me, it prompted me to do more research before making a decision. But I don't think it's fair to get kicked off the site because of that decision.

Maybe this was the wrong site to come to for advice.

Old 01-31-2009, 06:43 AM

43,292 posts, read 77,115,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohles View Post
Holy cow! I talk about using a flat fee company instead of a real estate agent and I get attacked!

Somebody sent me a personal message to give me advice (thank you, whoever you are) because they felt like they would be attacked on this forum for going against the "norm." I was almost scared to post a second time because of all the negative feedback I got.

All I wanted was advice. I found this page and decided to see what everybody else thought about it and see if anyone had already tried the service.

Correct me if I'm wrong, is that not what this site is for; to ask questions and get multiple answers and opinions?

I really appreciate all the advice everyone gave me, it prompted me to do more research before making a decision. But I don't think it's fair to get kicked off the site because of that decision.

Maybe this was the wrong site to come to for advice.
Well, you did get multiple answers and opinions.

FWIW, spammers often come onto CD and post once or twice with the intent to promote a site rather than to sincerely seek information.
You posted the link twice, in each of your first two posts. The second link posting was after discussion of the business model had taken place, and the boosterism in that second post makes it seem spammy.
To have the other poster come in and boost the company in a first time post compounded that appearance. It looked like tag team spam.
Yes, you have been flagged, and the mods will have the final decision on the nature of the post.

Frankly, I wish you all success in selling your property, however you proceed.
And I think you got some valid input in the thread.

Old 01-31-2009, 11:16 AM

I gave you the link so you would know what company I was wondering about signing up with. Maybe I shouldn't have mentioned the actual company so they wouldn't get an unfair advantage, but how else could I get constructive feedback unless everyone was able to check out the company and point out things I may have missed or didn't know to watch for.

I gave it to you a second time because it was a whole page later when I posted the second time. Personally, I don't like scrolling up and down a page to get the info I need. Maybe some people do, and that's okay with me, everybody is different.

As for the other questions about flat fee listing on this site, I searched for questions similar to mine before I posted my question because the site says to do so. I didn't see any. I must have done the search wrong because I noticed more questions about it that were brought up at the bottom of my post. I think I got more informative information about this topic from that question than I did my own.

Old 01-31-2009, 10:35 PM

15,578 posts, read 40,434,848 times
Moderator cut: orphaned - referring to a removed post

You might want to try typing in flat rates, MLS only, or limited representation into the search parameters. Sometimes the threads get off track so if you only look at the threads, rather than the posts you might not realize that an entire conversation happened about the topic.

You can also google limited representation listings or something of that nature if you still have questions about how they work.

Last edited by Marka; 02-05-2009 at 04:39 AM..

Old 02-01-2009, 02:57 PM

Thanks for the tip!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate