Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2009, 12:52 PM

394 posts, read 1,048,594 times

Advertisements

Agreed, fairmarketvalue. Personal attacks are pointless. I know a lot of people love to pick on real estate agents and there are some out there who do a disservice to their profession. However, there are good and bad in every profession and I refuse to lump all real estate agents, lawyers, and used car salesmen together and claim they are theives, crooks, whatever (pick your negative name).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2009, 01:01 PM

2,686 posts, read 7,867,960 times
Default fmv and chicago home prices

FMV,

Do you still think Chicago home prices have bottomed and are not dropping further?

Chicago prices are still dropping as are suburban dupage county, including wheaton, itasca and glen ellyn.

How can you for the past 6 months keep calling bottom?

I like you and respect your intelligence but disagree with you on this.

Old 02-07-2009, 01:10 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,180,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
Crazyma is so "fair" that she wants me (ie the TAXPAYER) to pay her because she bought her home at the peak and now has to sell because she is choosing to move and will "lose money". Are you freakin kiddin me?

Go back and look at her crazy post stating she should get a deduction because of her financial bad behavior....

Boy, that is really fair......

Let me tell ya, You guys really are out of control w/your views......
I beg your pardon???????????????????????

where is your crystal ball, cuz you sure are reading a lot more into what I said, than what I said...either that or I am seriously losing it

jack you oughta drop by camp, I think you need some loving- can you bump and grind???????

Old 02-07-2009, 01:12 PM

fairmarketvalue...you make me

If you only knew how much I have to rein myself in

BBL gotta a errand

Old 02-07-2009, 01:16 PM

sorry I got OT-
another good reason to buy!

You will be ready to sunbathe in the nude this summer!! On your own spiffy patio. And hopefully your neighbor is as good looking as he thinks you are

Old 02-07-2009, 01:18 PM
HDL HDL started this thread

3,216 posts, read 6,784,892 times
Thumbs up Thanks for the nice comments above FMV!

I'm not a Realtor either (nor are any of my family members), but after being on CDF now for close to 3 yrs, I've read quite a few posts of people on here and learned what people are best NOT to respond to . I assume that they've lost all their friends in RL and now just come on here to irritate the rest of humanity !

There's a saying in the Bible about "throwing your pearls before swine". There's a group of people on the RE forum that not only cannot READ, they appear to only have one agenda and mindset and cannot be persuaded with logic . Therefore I refuse to quote their posts and/or debate with them for that reason !

p.s.
I'd like to believe that they know who they are, but frankly I highly doubt it . LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairmarketvalue View Post
In case this was a reply to me- I'm not a realtor, never was, and never will be. I am, however, a homeowner and have been since post college graduation and married to a beautiful woman who has given me 4 beautiful children! Living in our own home has ALWAYS been a priority in all of our financial decisions and we have done well by that! If your comment was not made for me, my apologies. I still think realtors are hardly "pathetic" as you put it. And as I have disclosed before, no one in my nor my wife's family is a real estate agent either! We just happen to respect them and their profession! Lay off the personal attacks.

Last edited by HDL; 02-07-2009 at 01:30 PM..

Old 02-07-2009, 01:26 PM
HDL HDL started this thread

3,216 posts, read 6,784,892 times
Thumbs up Great catch Crazyma!!!!

I forgot and left that reason off my list (you know - PG forum and all )! Please tell all the CRAZY Campers to post their BEST reasons on this thread why NOW is the WRITE time to BUY !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
sorry I got OT-
another good reason to buy!

You will be ready to sunbathe in the nude this summer!! On your own spiffy patio. And hopefully your neighbor is as good looking as he thinks you are

Old 02-07-2009, 01:29 PM

9,116 posts, read 17,717,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post

where is your crystal ball, cuz you sure are reading a lot more into what I said, than what I said...either that or I am seriously losing it???????
Crazyma, You were crystal clear:

What they need to do is give folks some tax relief that are having to sell their homes at a loss, due to relocation/ job change. Not just because of irresponsiblity... I never understood why RE can't be considered gambling and you can claim those losses!
This whole situation is whacked out. Trying to get a lot of consumers to spend more, when most of 'ems credit is shot out anyway. Vicious circle

I.E. YOu want me to bail you out because you bought your home at the peak and now you are CHOOSING to sell at a loss.

Don't you remember what you said, or did you conveniently forget it?

Again nutty, nutty post....

Old 02-07-2009, 01:29 PM

1,340 posts, read 3,696,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by In the Pines View Post
Am I wrong or are something like 90% of mortgage holders current on their mortgage? Why would they start giving their homes away to greedy buyers unless terrible circumstances force them? The economy is bad - yes - but I just think it's bad karma to sit around and wait for people's home values to drop. Talk about being a predator!
Predator? Are you serious? Is it being a predator to wait for an item in store go on sale? No one is FORCING anyone to sell ANYTHING at ANY PRICE. But the buyers determine the market not sellers.

And Nearly 1 in 6 homeowners is ‘underwater’ - Mortgage Mess- msnbc.com
states that 1 in 6 are underwater. The Option ARMS are going to reset in 2010 & 2011 which will be a time where TONS of people walk away from their houses. Current on payments or not.

And 90% current is a good number? So on say a typical block in USA lets say 20 houses reside. So 2 houses on EVERY BLOCK IN the US are behind on their payments. And you suggest that is GOOD?

Karma? How is it bad to want to look out for your best interests and not overpay for a house? Cause in reality it is either the CURRENT owner losing value in their house or me if I buy it. Isn't it bad karma to sell a house to someone knowing that it is losing value everyday?

No one is hoping people lose their jobs and end up homeless. But for all the people who bought in even 2002 (in most places) are still way ahead $ wise on their home purchases unless they yanked out the equity.

Old 02-07-2009, 01:46 PM

394 posts, read 1,048,594 times
NatasNJ -

You're forgetting that some of those 20 houses are owned out right with no mortgage at all. I believe that 90% number was from congressional debates and may or may not refer to mortgage holders vs. home owners. (?) Also - I never said bargain hunters were predators. I suggested it was wrong to wish ill on people by lying in wait for home prices to bottom out when the economy would be in a better place right now if people who are truly looking for homes would go ahead purchase homes at a fair price from sellers. Notice - I wrote FAIR price - not outrageous. Not everybody bought within the last few years. Many people are in a good position with their home and I don't think it's right for buyers to assume every seller is willing to give their home away. I also don't think sellers can assume that there will be as many offers as there were 3 years ago or so. It's a two way street - there has to be a meeting in the middle or the situation will only worsen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate