Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2007, 11:12 AM

12,981 posts, read 14,532,742 times

Advertisements

Last year the county auditor's office did a property revaluation which caused the property taxes of many, many people to increase dramatically. We have until the end of March to dispute this. I went to the county auditor's web site and looked at some of the taxes and home values of homes near us and I am seeing some cases in which it appears that these people got their taxes reduced, but I am confused about the definitions of some terms. What is house Bill 920? It looks to me like it is something to do with a school levy-one did pass here last fall-but it caused a significant reduction in the tax amount (from what was initially added), also, there is a 10%, and 2 1/2% Rollback, further reducing the amount. I am trying to find similar houses for sale, or sold near us, to get an idea of the "fair market value", but most of the homes are a bit bigger, and have had some kind of improvements done recently. We have not, but the Lucas County treasurer is stating that our property value went up approximately $20,000-and believe me, it did not!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2007, 03:50 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,532,742 times
I guess we did get that house bill reduction, but what I guess I would like to know is how do I determine what the fair market value would be for our house, without hiring an appraisor. What would the amount of 'frontage' have to do with this, since we are not in a position to build more on it? This is confusing to me, and I have a feeling the auditor's office doesn't really want to help, they just want to be confusing so they don't have to go back and do more work correcting all of the miscalculations they have made.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate