U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 03:41 PM

1,155 posts, read 3,201,855 times

Advertisements

In Tennessee, we always suggest Title ins, and I would never trust the word of many attorneys, unless they are full time real estate.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2009, 11:09 PM

1 posts, read 1,580 times
Wow, I am new to this, but I thought that in Mn. if someone had a claim against the deed then they had to show up at the sheriffs sale and then they had the opportunity to buy the house if they wanted. After they paid off everyone in line that had the a claim in the positions before them? I thought that is why they had to advertise the auction in the paper of record and all that. I thought that any house that went though the foreclosure proceedings had a clear title because of it. I am new to this. But that is why I always took the free title insurance offered by the bank that is the seller. I have bought 5 Reo houses in Mn. with cash in the last 3 years, but today my realtor called me and told me that the house I am buying on Oct 12th does not come with title insurance? I bought all the rest of the houses through title insurance. I am a little nervous, why is this bank not offering me free title insurance like the rest did? I am thinking that maybe they know something about the title that I do not. If the bank that owns it got a judgemant against it after the foreclosure auction could they have a lein against all thier assests? (Like the house I want to buy on the 12th of Oct.) If that were the case, then this bank is broke and they got my 10% earnest $$$. I think I better drive to the court house and visit the recorders office.

Old 10-05-2009, 11:23 PM

1,570 posts, read 5,737,393 times
I would never close on a property without title insurance. Never.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

>