Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2009, 10:18 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,444,432 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

I dont do multi quotes either so........Joy, I try to put in a laugh once in a while. The casts are long gone, had my right arm in and out of them for 2 yrs, a real pita! Ended up with 2 surgeries and all is well now, at least till next time, lol.

Lacey, You know me to well, you poor girl. Well I finally got the dang pressure washer this morning and guess what- it is storming yet again! Not bad yet but lightening and the washer is an accident waiting on me to do something stupid, so I am waiting abit.

I had the whole day planned out since my dd finally has a day off to help in the yard, now here I sit and she is in there crying over the Animal cop show on animal planet. She will be such a careing vet once she gets done, but it will be so very hard on her emotionally. When she graduates I will buy stock in Kleenex!

Old 05-12-2009, 11:01 AM

11,874 posts, read 11,046,770 times
Unhappy A question to my fellow campers

Hey Campers,

As you know I'm a relative newbie so of course I don't know all the darn 'rules' - just basic rules about no obsenities, personal attacks etc.

There was a thread I was on, notice use of past-tense, where this one realtor who I will refer to as 'one poster', made horrible comments to another realtor who actually knew what the heck she was talking about.

On this thread, the 'one poster', was one that no matter how many people explained the position they had, and even posted in black and white information to support their position, this 'one poster' was always the one who was 'right'. Annoying, yes, but that's just how some people are, so no biggie.

Okay, so how I got my hand smacked: This 'one poster' made personally attacking statements to her, flat out told her (and I'm paraphrasing here), that all she cared about was herself - didn't give a darn about buyers, and in reading this female realtor's comments she really does know what she's doing in RE (I know, shock, horror, but some of us do know what we're doing) and you can just tell that she does great job for her clients.

She answered his questions politely, backing up her position (which I and many other agreed with), then the 'one poster' just went off on her and said some of the meanest, insulting statements and, well, being an old Oklahoma country girl, I responded to his comments to her with his response to her included in my response (boy that was a mouthful).

The 'one poster's' attacking and insulting statements were left on, but I got my hand smacked. Yeah, I know - the woman was perfectly capable of taking care of the situation herself, but I tend to bristle and have 'knee jerk reactions' when know-it-all-people, and especially men (no offense guys- most of you are A-OK), make such horrible and insulting comments to another woman. Working in a 'mans world' long before all these laws were in place to protect women, a woman just had to fend for herself or she'd never get ahead in business.

Anyway, I still haven't received a response to my simple question of why did "I" get my hand smacked and not the 'one poster' who is the one who made the comments to begin with? (I know he's monitoring a lot of threads so I do understand the delay in responding, but . . . ) Like I told him, I am a newbie, I did NOT want to break the rules again, but I was just confused why I got my hand smacked for responding, but the original 'one poster' was not.

So Campers, just looking for honest feedback and clarifications here. Call my crazy but I've always felt the rules should apply to all and not just some and this 'one poster' has been a member much longer than me - so in my mind (which I'm beginning to think I'm losing), I would think a 'newbie' would be given a break and the 'one poster' who should have known the rules to begin with should have been the one getting their hand smacked (or both of us should have got our hand smacked). Guess I need to just learn to keep my trap shut but I really didn't think I'd done anything wrong, ya know?

God, I hope I'm not breaking anymore rules by asking this question

Old 05-12-2009, 11:44 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,273,875 times
Joy, ahhh...good ole city-data...who knows and I still would like to know how one gets to be a moderator...are they paid? It just seems to me that some of them are in cahoots with some posters and not with others. NOT OUR MODERATOR, OURS IS AWESOME

Sheesh now I will probably get my hand smacked I wish I knew the answer to your question, maybe our moderator can help..

I do try to stay off some of those hotbed boards..tired of the gloomers and doomers..it's enough to depress you especially when a lot of posters and newbies just looking for some straight answers and a lot of them get more than they asked for or deserved.. Just my opinion!

Painter I am still cracking up over the OJ into the cast, lol...I agree, good thing no ants around, ew i bet that was a stick, stinky mess...

Old 05-12-2009, 11:58 AM

11,874 posts, read 11,046,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Joy, ahhh...good ole city-data...who knows and I still would like to know how one gets to be a moderator...are they paid? It just seems to me that some of them are in cahoots with some posters and not with others. NOT OUR MODERATOR, OURS IS AWESOME

Sheesh now I will probably get my hand smacked I wish I knew the answer to your question, maybe our moderator can help..

I do try to stay off some of those hotbed boards..tired of the gloomers and doomers..it's enough to depress you especially when a lot of posters and newbies just looking for some straight answers and a lot of them get more than they asked for or deserved.. Just my opinion!

Painter I am still cracking up over the OJ into the cast, lol...I agree, good thing no ants around, ew i bet that was a stick, stinky mess...
Well this is crazy or maybe it's me! I could swear I posted my reply but now it's not here - anyway what I said was thanks for the response. I'm just a 'rule and law' abiding gal and just wanted to know the rules so I didn't break anymore. Anyway, thanks for the response and maybe this time my response will post! LOL

Old 05-12-2009, 01:53 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,521,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by c21boquetebocasgold View Post
Hey Campers,

As you know I'm a relative newbie so of course I don't know all the darn 'rules' - just basic rules about no obsenities, personal attacks etc.

There was a thread I was on, notice use of past-tense, where this one realtor who I will refer to as 'one poster', made horrible comments to another realtor who actually knew what the heck she was talking about.

On this thread, the 'one poster', was one that no matter how many people explained the position they had, and even posted in black and white information to support their position, this 'one poster' was always the one who was 'right'. Annoying, yes, but that's just how some people are, so no biggie.

Okay, so how I got my hand smacked: This 'one poster' made personally attacking statements to her, flat out told her (and I'm paraphrasing here), that all she cared about was herself - didn't give a darn about buyers, and in reading this female realtor's comments she really does know what she's doing in RE (I know, shock, horror, but some of us do know what we're doing) and you can just tell that she does great job for her clients.

She answered his questions politely, backing up her position (which I and many other agreed with), then the 'one poster' just went off on her and said some of the meanest, insulting statements and, well, being an old Oklahoma country girl, I responded to his comments to her with his response to her included in my response (boy that was a mouthful).

The 'one poster's' attacking and insulting statements were left on, but I got my hand smacked. Yeah, I know - the woman was perfectly capable of taking care of the situation herself, but I tend to bristle and have 'knee jerk reactions' when know-it-all-people, and especially men (no offense guys- most of you are A-OK), make such horrible and insulting comments to another woman. Working in a 'mans world' long before all these laws were in place to protect women, a woman just had to fend for herself or she'd never get ahead in business.

Anyway, I still haven't received a response to my simple question of why did "I" get my hand smacked and not the 'one poster' who is the one who made the comments to begin with? (I know he's monitoring a lot of threads so I do understand the delay in responding, but . . . ) Like I told him, I am a newbie, I did NOT want to break the rules again, but I was just confused why I got my hand smacked for responding, but the original 'one poster' was not.

So Campers, just looking for honest feedback and clarifications here. Call my crazy but I've always felt the rules should apply to all and not just some and this 'one poster' has been a member much longer than me - so in my mind (which I'm beginning to think I'm losing), I would think a 'newbie' would be given a break and the 'one poster' who should have known the rules to begin with should have been the one getting their hand smacked (or both of us should have got our hand smacked). Guess I need to just learn to keep my trap shut but I really didn't think I'd done anything wrong, ya know?

God, I hope I'm not breaking anymore rules by asking this question

I am so sorry about your experience. I had a similar one on another Web site. The health board site. It was all about chantex. I had gotten a script for it when it first came out and read up on it. Didn't like what I read way to many side effects. I posted what I had read on that site and everyone jumped on me. I think some were working for whoever makes that pill. I kept my cool and answered nicely when some one attacked my answers. It got so bad that most were banned. I then got an e mail from the head mod asking if i wanted to be a moderator on the site.They would give me another name and set me up. I would have loved to but we were way to busy at the time for me to moderate the site like i had to. So I guess you get to moderate at least on that board by invite.

Old 05-12-2009, 02:09 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,851,350 times
Hi Lorrie-yes all mods are just posters like us who do that job for free. I was asked but declined due to time constraints and it's basically thankless. They do a wonderful job keeping the peace.

Boy the weather's the pits today-wind is 40MPH, overcast and cold.

Old 05-12-2009, 03:10 PM

Gee...no one ever asked me And I sit here day in and day out, lol...Oh well.......Of course, it could be because they have a moderator for this site and I really don't post anywhere else!

Old 05-12-2009, 03:39 PM

2,505 posts, read 6,148,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Gee...no one ever asked me And I sit here day in and day out, lol...Oh well.......Of course, it could be because they have a moderator for this site and I really don't post anywhere else!
You'd be a great moderator Dogmom!

Old 05-12-2009, 03:55 PM

Thanks, Tambre...not really sure if I would want all that responsibility, but really I do just sit here and stare at this thing all day...silly me...at least until this house comes through for us and I can start packing the little bit I am taking to CA and then when we get in the house I can start unpacking, should take me the whole summer, no kidding.. We have 3 storage units back in the old town...can you say NIGHTMARE!!

Old 05-12-2009, 04:27 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,444,432 times
The washing is done--FINALLY! Looks good too, I also did the patio chairs and I kid you not some dang bird already did a drop and leave on them. Do you all think the birds are out to get me???

Oh Joy, You are not the first to get your hands smacked, i have had them smack me too. No answers to your inquire, haven't been able to get an answer or find out how it works either. You are right it should be all or none involved. I have seen a couple of folks that need to be smacked pretty hard just for being ugly but...

Dogmom, I could probably right a small book on my capers over the years, some pretty funny stuff and some real stupid stuff-never a dull moment. I was not going to share this one but you need the laugh so - yesterday I over slept and jumped up to run out to the barn to feed. I have these really uglyyyy shorts that are 2 sizes to big that I use for nasty jobs outside. Well I grabbed them and hanked them on and attempted to walk out of the room, attempted because I was having a hard time walking in them. First thought was man did I gain that much weight? No I said not possible so I hanked the legs up and kept going, when I got half way through the house I realized I had them on backwards.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate