Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2009, 03:03 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,372,237 times

Advertisements

Happy Birthday to your daughter, Painter. I'm so relieved for you re: the ring!

Old 05-21-2009, 03:14 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,521,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by c21boquetebocasgold View Post
Glad you enjoyed - my way of staying in touch when I don't have a lot of time to spend on site and to give everyone a much needed laugh.

And watch out for those tornados, Painter! I lived in tornado alley for 18 years and they are not fun. Now an occassional 'tremor' which is RE speak for earthquakes, but most of the time I just sleep through them. You stay safe! That's an order

When we first moved to CA we lived in Pleasanton (SF Bay area) We had one that knocked me to the floor. The After shock two days later DH went up the stairs to get my Mom and our Daughter as I was going out I saw the stairs going back an forth. I have also slept through them. DD said dad said DO NOT WAKE UP YOUR MOM. When we thought we were having an Earthquake we would look up at our chandler.
Thank goodness we were not at home when the big quake stopped the ball game and destroyed the bridge. We were in Tahoe and i was playing black Jack. I was told by the dealer what was happening and I didn't believe him since he was an arse. I turned around and saw the TV and the anchor woman who was on our station at home was crying. I knew then it was true.
Harveys gave us a room free of charge so we wouldn't go back back home they were told that it would be unsafe for us.
Gee we had been on that bridge in Oakland at a title Co refi our mortgage a few days before.
If I had a choice though I would opt for an earthquake any day rather then a hurricane or a tornado.Those two give you way to much time to think about what could happen. Earthquake just happens and you know what to do. Get your emergency kit and thats all. Forgot pray.

Old 05-21-2009, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
I LOVE salmon! That's what I had for dinner last night--grilled salmon and grilled fresh green beans--YUMMY!!

I agree with you about Judy--it's worse knowing that she was upset about something and couldn't share. Whereever you are Judy--we miss you and care about you.

Love Salmon. When we go out that is what I have and when we BBQ that is also whay i have.

Old 05-21-2009, 03:32 PM

Default Painter

I am so sorry I missed your birthday.

Lorrie

Old 05-21-2009, 03:38 PM

I am so very sorry I missed your birthday Painter. Will two card make up for it?

Old 05-21-2009, 04:08 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,273,875 times
Default Uh OH

Painter, did I miss your birthday???
Well, happy belated birthday girlfriend..I am also happy the ring DD got was not 'the ring'. whew!!! Have a wonderful evening!

Old 05-21-2009, 04:31 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,444,432 times
Y'all did not miss MY Birthday but Thank You so much for the wonderful cards and belated wishes!! It is my daughters 21st today, mine was back in DEC. Well the ribs are done, the veggies are steaming and I am taking a break. The florist called and said she had a delivery for the dd from her dad but she would be delivering late around 8 pm then she proceeded to explain why, so for 10 mins I sat quiet and listened politely while she told me about the lady from down the street that had died and at the last minute they moved her to another funeral home 45 mins away and how it has just messed up her schedule and if it wasn't for the dead women she would be done and heading home. I just said well that is alright that you will be late but...the dead women won't be getting anymore flowers from you and I am sure she is sorry to inconvience you and your night off. Gee Louise women how about some sympathy for the women! So now she will probably send dead flowers to my dd, I will laugh if she does and tell the dd that is all her daddy could do!

Old 05-21-2009, 05:01 PM

11,874 posts, read 11,046,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Alright Ladies of the camp with daughters _ I am freakin' out abit NOW! My dd just left with the boytoy to go to the jewelers to pick up her birthday present. She has no idea what it is and I swear if she gets a ring from him I will be ready to casterate him the old farmers way! There just better not be any dates involved with this one........****!
One word "Machete" - one quick wack and bye, bye johnson

Old 05-21-2009, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Y'all did not miss MY Birthday but Thank You so much for the wonderful cards and belated wishes!! It is my daughters 21st today, mine was back in DEC. Well the ribs are done, the veggies are steaming and I am taking a break. The florist called and said she had a delivery for the dd from her dad but she would be delivering late around 8 pm then she proceeded to explain why, so for 10 mins I sat quiet and listened politely while she told me about the lady from down the street that had died and at the last minute they moved her to another funeral home 45 mins away and how it has just messed up her schedule and if it wasn't for the dead women she would be done and heading home. I just said well that is alright that you will be late but...the dead women won't be getting anymore flowers from you and I am sure she is sorry to inconvience you and your night off. Gee Louise women how about some sympathy for the women! So now she will probably send dead flowers to my dd, I will laugh if she does and tell the dd that is all her daddy could do!
I read Sara's blog wrong why not save the cards for your next B day . in Dec. Sorry Barb.

Old 05-21-2009, 05:45 PM

Tell your daughter they were for her and I sent them to you for all the pushing and pain you went through.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate