Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2009, 11:12 AM

959 posts, read 1,823,743 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by c21boquetebocasgold View Post
Wipe? I'd frickin' lick it off him
Ummmm no. I don't care hot hot you are, I am not licking sweat off anyone. I would probably make him shower before I would touch him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
It is going to take a while on Friday to post the trip report. I want to insert photos where appropriate so bear with me!

On a sad note--can y'all please say some prayers for my brother. He was crossing the street and was ran over by a van today. He has two broken legs and a hematoma at the base of his skull. He is being operated on tonight for the femur fracture. His blood counts are low and so is his blood pressure. I am so mad that his wife never called until an hour ago. This happened at 2:30 PM. I could have called off from work but now I'm stuck here and feel helpless.
I am so sorry to hear about your brother. That is a HORRIBLE thing to have happen! I cannot even imagine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
AH.......LOVELY...........FIRST OFFER just CAME THROUGH.
Realtor called a few min. ago.
YOU GUESSED IT.....Lowshtball offer........................273k! 44,400 OFF base!!!!! (We are listed at 317,900) AND TO BOOT they have a HOUSE TO SELL! Supposedly they would HAVE to put it up in the next 3 days....
Obviously, we would counter.
Realtor coming over with another realtor to DISCUSS what THEY want!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Realtor told me they will price it according to market and have many upgrades to theirs.....and dont have alot of money on the mtg.
I knew the lowballs were coming lol...What do they want? My mercedes *beaten up LOL*, my kids? lol......
We cannot take any less than 300k I know that much!
This will be interesting with a list of things they want.??? wtf!
AS FOR THE FLORIda couple--still waiting. Haven't made decision...so they say...
Why the heck are these people even making an offer when their house is not on the market yet? STOOOOOOOPID.

Quote:
thanks guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My hub said he needed to think about a good counter offer--so the realtor said to call her in the a.m.

Will let you know tommorrow if they counter us back!!We are countering at 309k...if they don't like it...well,,you know what they can do-------------The one realtor was mine from the office and another one works in her office so they both came by....the other agent kept telling me how motivated they were too...yada....so well see...she said it was about affordability...etc....for the buyers..I said well, I cannot be in the poor house either LOL>...so maybe we can meet in the middle with them....well so to speak! Also we have to put a clause in for us to find suitable housing etc...during the time we are waiting for them....if they sold theirs etc...to give us 30-60 days? Is 60 too much>?>?
Odd they haven't put their home on the market yet? but the realtor said they have 3 days to do so if you agree on a price----...so we will see..

Thanks c21 for the info!!!! Exactly..We would never just say f- it lol and wait for these people to sell their home! If someone else comes through (hopefully no contingencies) One can hope, right?or the FL. couple!! may come through?

thanks for all your well wishes!!! Stay tuned gang!!
Good counter, and good attitude to have. You should not have to take it in the shorts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoymonkey View Post
I went out to the store to get flowers. when i got back my DH's chiropractor was here looking at the house (Remember I said he was interested?). My DH told him today that we have a second showing tomorrow and i guess he wanted to see it right away! dont know what he thinks, he's still outside with my DH.
That is FANTASTIC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post

hammy what is the due date again??? Won't be long to little, what's it name????, bacon bit gets here!
October 2nd is my due date. The name......I cannot tell you but we do finally have one picked out and ready to go! I cannot wait to share it with you guys! But I do like bacon bit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
The 3 remaining Musketeer's.

Hammy-where you be??????
I am here! This month is completely crazy for us and it seems like we are running non-stop. But I am reading and keeping up with you guys!

Kristine

Old 06-05-2009, 11:21 AM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,367,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammy5 View Post
Ummmm no. I don't care hot hot you are, I am not licking sweat off anyone. I would probably make him shower before I would touch him.

I am so sorry to hear about your brother. That is a HORRIBLE thing to have happen! I cannot even imagine.

October 2nd is my due date. The name......I cannot tell you but we do finally have one picked out and ready to go! I cannot wait to share it with you guys! But I do like bacon bit!
I agree--not licking the sweat off anyone! Not even a Texan!

Thanks Hammy re: my brother.

Glad to hear you and DH have decided on a name! You can share after July 1st. I will post the votes and then drum roll--you share the results of US and the name. But the delivery date will decide who all wins the guessing game!

Old 06-05-2009, 11:24 AM

2,505 posts, read 6,147,511 times
Okay, so I do believe the realtor again...she did leave a message on my cell yesterday (it was dead as usual) and when I charged it there was a messag from her. Here's what she e-mailed me today:

I guess his people had left when he was having problems with his Ekey, so, when he finally called me and I told him to try the sliding glass doors the agent was the only one that got to view the inside. I spoke to him today he said, he called his people and told him that he was able to see the inside and he thinks they will like it, his only concern was the fact that there's no garage. So, he said they will probably be setting up an appt. for this weekend. Hope that's okay. Here we go again, lol

Old 06-05-2009, 02:27 PM

11,874 posts, read 11,043,447 times
Quote:
Thanks c21. I'm not sure if they will remove the rod down the road or not.
They might be able to if his leg heals correctly so I'll say prayers about that. Just glad he's doing better.

Actually, just called and spoke with my brother...he's angry because they are getting him OUT OF BED today to walk non-weight bearing! I told him "that's one closer move to home" That's a good thing!!!! They immediately started my PT and of course wherever it hurt most is where they would 'focus' on - i tried to pull fast one on my PT but of course they could tell I was holding back screaming in pain, so of course they'd keep working that area - but getting him out of bed is good, it has to happen and he can take more meds afterwards for pain.

They will hold his job open for him. EXCELLENT!!!! State Farm and Medicare will pick up the bills I believe. Whatever else isn't paid, should have to be paid by the driver of the van. Myself--I would be sueing his a$$ off! My SIL is going to the police station today to find out more info and she is going to view the video. The one business has a video of it! I told her to have the police get the cell phone records to PROVE that he was indeed on the phone!
I'm glad you all are looking into it. I worked with enough PI litigators that when you can prove the SOB was talking on his cell which is illegal (also make sure cops charge him with that), then get a hold of a good PI attorney (they work on contingency basis). Bet that jerk won't talk on a cell while he's driving again when he's smacked with a huge lawsuit!!!!! Make sure SIL does follow up on all that for supporting documentation.

Old 06-05-2009, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tambre View Post
Today I called her about yesterdays' showing. She told me that the realtor couldn't get in, that he was on the help line because his e-key was malfunctioning. She said, he wanted to come back and preview the house by himself, and she told him "No, they have to get the dogs out and it is alot of trouble for them", "reschedule an appointment with your buyers". So I said to her, well that's odd, because he did see the house and left his card on the kitchen counter Maybe she has a list of excuses to give sellers when there are no shows, so they won't feel so bad? I don't know what to think anymore.
I HATE e-keys!!!!!!!! and this is why. Give me a good old fashioned lock box any day. Modern tech is great when it works - but too often it doesn't, so I'd rather just do it the old way and be able to get my client's into a darn house instead of screwing around with 'help line'. Geesh

But you're saying the guy left his card???? Maybe he was doing a 'preview' all along, not a 'showing', and was able to get in after all (after talking to your Realtor)???? Either that or she's blowing smoke up your you know what.

Old 06-05-2009, 02:41 PM

5,273 posts, read 7,345,400 times
Quote:
rofl Hammy! LOL> me either!
Quote:
Why the heck are these people even making an offer when their house is not on the market yet? STOOOOOOOPID.
That is what makes me laugh too..But the realtor said they have 3 days by law to get it on the market!!IF we were to agree on a price which I doubt is going to happen! so that won't even be an issue since I doubt they will agree to our price!!

Quote:
Good counter, and good attitude to have. You should not have to take it in the shorts.
They can kiss off if they think they'll get it for nuttin lol. Im sticking to my guns.

Old 06-05-2009, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tambre View Post
Okay, so I do believe the realtor again...she did leave a message on my cell yesterday (it was dead as usual) and when I charged it there was a messag from her. Here's what she e-mailed me today:

I guess his people had left when he was having problems with his Ekey, so, when he finally called me and I told him to try the sliding glass doors the agent was the only one that got to view the inside. I spoke to him today he said, he called his people and told him that he was able to see the inside and he thinks they will like it, his only concern was the fact that there's no garage. So, he said they will probably be setting up an appt. for this weekend. Hope that's okay. Here we go again, lol
Nevermind That's what I get for reading posts out of sequence

Old 06-05-2009, 02:42 PM

5,273 posts, read 7,345,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by c21boquetebocasgold View Post
I HATE e-keys!!!!!!!! and this is why. Give me a good old fashioned lock box any day. Modern tech is great when it works - but too often it doesn't, so I'd rather just do it the old way and be able to get my client's into a darn house instead of screwing around with 'help line'. Geesh

But you're saying the guy left his card???? Maybe he was doing a 'preview' all along, not a 'showing', and was able to get in after all (after talking to your Realtor)???? Either that or she's blowing smoke up your you know what.

LOL C21 -blowing smoke up your assz LOL>>>>>>>>>>>

Old 06-05-2009, 02:45 PM

Quote:
LOL C21 -blowing smoke up your assz LOL>>>>>>>>>>>
Well god forbid I get smacked for not using correct wording to get around those words LOL

Old 06-05-2009, 02:50 PM

Quote:
I agree--not licking the sweat off anyone! Not even a Texan!
Well, girlfriend, as hot as that cowboy was and considering I'm going on almost 3 years w/o - well . . . . . LOL - head to toe, baby, head to toe
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate