Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2009, 07:52 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,443,053 times

Advertisements

good morning all - The SUN is shining! No rain predicted till Sunday so all is good.

Lacey, Thought you would sleep in this a.m. Are you ready to have another grandbaby? As to relisting, maybe give it the summer and then if it doesn't happen take it off the market. I keep hearing that if a person doesnt sell by July it is not gonna sell.

I am slightly optimistic that things are picking up just a bitty bit. I have had 3 calls on jobs and that is 3 more than in the past 6 months, 2 of them are repaints and one is a complete gut job. These are not "cheap" job either, I am thrilled to see some cash flowing and I will be happy to do my part!

Old 04-03-2009, 09:02 AM

3,191 posts, read 9,180,895 times
Morning all! I gotta get cracking here today and git'er done!! Errands to run and need to get stuff washed so I can figure out packing.
Now they are calling for snow Sun. This place!!!! URGH

Lacey- may I ask where they went in GA??? so glad you all had a great time and glad to hear Mr. seems to be improving Why don't you see what your house might do the next 3-4 months? 'They' always say right before schools lets out, into early summer is good...so 'they' say...LOL

ttyl peepers!

Old 04-03-2009, 12:30 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,843,220 times
Sara they went to Savannah.

Painter for some unGodly reason I was up-that dang brain kicks in and that's it.

Well the PO found our mail-mostly junk-what a pain. Did some bill pay on-line, shredded, food shopped. Back to reality.

Painter-I have just had it-we had 86 on-line lookers and not one showing in March.

Glad something broke for you girl.

Old 04-03-2009, 02:12 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,519,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
hey all where is everyone????

Lacey glad you made it home safely and had a wonderful time, a well desearved brake, huh?

Lorriem, That is funny! I hope you got a copy of the show, she should never live that one own.

Painter are you all in one piece. I was worried when I saw several storms in Northern FL.

Old 04-03-2009, 02:23 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,180,895 times
Lacey- oh cool Sav.- there are lots of neat things there to see or do-if the rain didn't stop them heh heh I love all the squares and a lot of history if you are into that. And the riverfront is a lot of fun too.

Slowly I am making headway!! think I found my Dad a computer, so might be able to mosey to camp while in Atl!! GRIN

back at'em

Everyone gearing up for the weekend? OKAY BUYERs put your house hunting shoes on and FIND YOU a house!!!

Old 04-03-2009, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Good morning all-Texas that movie is the best and a full box of tissues required.

NJSocks-not exhausted but renewed. Seeing my kids and grands plus friends was great medicine even tho we didn't get out much due to Mr. L's not feeling up to par but thankfully he seems to be regaining his strength.

Tambre-safe journey and Barb have a ball! Happy Anniversary to you and DogPa.

Yesterday we discussed whether to re-list May 1st or just give up for awhile. We love our house, town-hate the winters. But talked about going "home" every 6 mos. If it sells it sells-but after a year I am at a break point. It's a big decision we have to agree on.

Painter glad the rain stopped. Bride and Groom went to GA for their honeymoon-with the crazy weather-we could be grandparents in 9 months as they couldn't go out much-LOL.

CrazyMa-what can I tell ya-kids will be kids.

Still trying to catch up kids.

Does anyone remember the East Coast Black out in the early 60's. 9 mos later the babies started coming.

Old 04-03-2009, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
Been messing around here trying to think of what I need to take to Atl next week. Got the chairs done, but gonna do the 2 kit barstools now.

My DD drives me insane sometimes. I am fit to be tied. I think they are blowing thru that $7500 first time buyer money credit they got. Instaed of stashing most of it away for a rainy day.They got windows...NOW she just called me up asking if $3700 is too much for carpet. Well first off I said YOU DO NOT go with the first freaking estimate. And we have never paid that much for carpet. We tend to buy 'end rolls' of pretty good carpet when we do, plus we remove carpet and old carpet tack strips & have it ready for the layers ot come in. SO I do not know. They need new freaking carpet like they need holes in their heads. you ought to see the stove
I am so spitting mad, I need to cool off
bbl
Thats how I felt when dd and her hubby used their equity in their home as an ATM and the interest only loan they have. Tell your dd about that one and how she would feel if she was $200,000 lopsided in her home loan. Kids who are way past the age of being a kid by 20 some odd years.

Old 04-03-2009, 03:15 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,843,220 times
Lorrie I remember that, also when there are blizzards.

Oh we had a looker while we were gone-big whoop. Yard was too small for their dog kennel-what the heck do they have?

Old 04-03-2009, 05:24 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,443,053 times
Hi all back from the grocers, wow I swear meat prices went up about 20%. Wanted to get a small roast and they started at $12., it is getting cheaper for me to go out to eat than to cook.

Lorriem, We are in one peice here, just needed a row boat and hip boots to get the mail, lol. It is all gone now, thank goodness I am not on the low side here some of the neighbors still have alot of water standing.

Crazy, We all know you only want to get dad a computer so you dont lose touch with us! By the way the purple plant in my garden is a spider lilly!!!! You are good....the other no match there.

Lacey, Maybe they are breeders and need hugh runs for the Great Danes? Just kidding there, these "D' buyers just come up with all sorts of crap for excuses.

Well I had more inquiries with the higher price than I do now with the lower. AND my agent had the nerve to tell me to drop the price another 50K, without any comps, info, nothing - just to see if we can sell then. Well my answer was HELL NO!

Old 04-03-2009, 09:02 PM

270 posts, read 967,615 times
Hi everyone! I'm so excited! I went to see an awesome condo this afternoon. We are putting in an offer on Monday! It is a foreclosure. My agent pulled the comps and the comps were at least $100K higher than the asking price of this place!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate