Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2009, 07:34 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,345,400 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tambre View Post
Hey NJ, so if you're close in price to the other house that you saw, but you have a bigger first floor, and a basement, and your house shows better...your house would probably be the winner. Hey, it's a positive sign that people are liking your neighborhood, and there have been so many sales, even if they are buying the short sales. Once that type of inventory clears out, you should be more marketable, and not every one wants to get involved with a short sale. Are you near the beach? or near Atlantic City (gambling, shows)? How much of a drive is it for you to NYC? Are you on Little Egg Harbor? Lot's of opportunities for boating enthusiasts in the area?
\
Hey Tambre!!
It tis about 90 mi. one way to Manhattan for me...and 86 to EWR for my hub lol.......
Definitely don't have to worry about the competition with the other 2 homes up----Exactly, once the short sale is gone then it's going to be a bit better--the last one was under contract---so hopefully it will be a done deal soon! We are an hr. from AC -----You got it Exit 58!! Closest beachs are really LBI *LOng Beach Island* and that is gorgeous there! but we are more on an inlet so we have to drive a bit to the ocean..... Yes, lots of boats all around us! Weekends are actually pretty busy in our area........
Any more lookers for you??? the other people didn't have a change of heart???

Quote:
Hi all-NJ I am so sorry-but OH's suck-they're more for the realtor that you.
I hear you Lace!!! you are right!! I told her not to bother to have anymore lol....she kind of knew they aren't the best lol...thanks girl!
How are YOU doing Lace? How is Mr. L??

Hammy- I know you said you weren't much of a frilly pink person lol...so I would go with the pale green. I had the pale green for my twins when I had them in their cribs in one room when they were babies!

Old 06-15-2009, 07:52 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,443,053 times
Morning everyone, Have a couple of minutes to catch up here, had a wonderful weather weekend here. Pretty dog gone HOT and HUMID though...not ready for summer here. Afew more days in the sun and I could move down by C21 and pass off as a local, lol. I hated not seeing any signed deals here, I so thought there would be one--sorry girls. Looks like week 14 here without a call, or at least my agent didnt call me with any showings, surprise surprise.
1) Not a pink person here either but I did a nursery for a client in pink and green stripes that was just too too cute.
2) Texas, great shots of Austin, Why no head shot of your "friend?" Jim....friend???? hmmmmm
3) Lacey, counting down for the day you tell the agent to hit the curb, huh? Dont blame you there.

Be back later, time to hit the phones, need to get to work-now that does sound funny!

Old 06-15-2009, 07:59 AM

11,874 posts, read 11,043,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
OK...going to try to post a report along with pics!

Friday night we went to see Weldon Henson and his band perform at Hill's Cafe! Great music and Weldon is super nice!

He is cute! To heck with the music, the boy is cute

Statue of Stevie Ray Vaughn--also a famous Austinite!

I cried all day when he was killed in chopper accident. I still think one of the best guartists that ever lived. What a waste

Austin Motel. Isn't that motel sign a little perverted?!?! The shape of it, I mean!!! Loved it, of course

I'd forgotten how beautiful Austin is. Probably the prettiest place in Texas. Thanks so much for posting these. You looked happy and can't wait until you get 'home'. Dogmom, hand over those ruby slippers!

Old 06-15-2009, 08:09 AM

11,874 posts, read 11,043,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post

Hia Lace!! Is it warming up in Minnesota yet? Wow. I thought Buffalo was cold! but you have me beat!!! When I lived in Colorado and complained during winter about how cold it was, my pseudo would always say 'you don't KNOW cold until you've experienced cold in MN' Brrrrrrrrr. (he was raised in MN) We get cool here in the highlands, maybe a lightweight sweater in the evenings, sometimes during the day during green season, but not ice cold. Man, I need to put a sweater on just thinking about how cold it is in MN!

C21- love the sign lol...and the pics of your kitty!
Thought you would, girl! Talk about full dislosure and yeah, Albert's pretty cute - notice how 'innocent' he looks in the last one like 'who me?' I'll come home from work and find Albert the elephant on the floor and know he's been wrestling with him!

Old 06-15-2009, 08:55 AM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,367,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
INCREDIBLE PICS SHEL!!! Wow. I love the Reserve pics and seeing the sunsets! What beautiful scenery!!! Thanks for sharing girl!!!!

OK Tex--I will have the Roasted chicken crepe please and for desert the lemon curd with blueberries LOL!
I had the mushroom/chicken crepe and the lemon sugar crepe!! The lemon curd w/blueberries sounds delicious--will have to try that one next time!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammy5 View Post
Fantastic pictures!!!!! I love them all. I have never been to Austin but it is on my list of places I want to visit.

Kristine
Come visit me when I am living there!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Morning Tex-all I can say is WOW-those pix are just beautiful and you crammed so much in. Thank you for sharing.
Thanks girl!!!

Old 06-15-2009, 08:56 AM

2,791 posts, read 10,805,155 times
Thanks for sharing. The pics are beautiful!!!

Old 06-15-2009, 09:01 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,271,143 times
Good morning campers, thought I would sneak in here while Carl putzing in the garage looking for more WORK for me to do..we have already hung 3 of our clocks, which is huge..feels a little more like home. The entertainment center is put together, the flat screen tv is in place, the Wii I bought a month ago and never set up is set up, thank you Dan! These kids can hook that stuff up likety split. I need another controller at some point, but I have the wii fit so hoping that will help me out..

Picked up the new used washer dryer yesterday, thank goodness they both work. I would never have lived that down, to buy a set sight unseen..but its good, also bought 13 bottles of 64 load tide HE..for $100. Thats a deal, and she threw in some scrapbooking stuff for me Bonus! Trying to wash some of the blankets he had wrapped around the furniture in storage so we can bag those..although we are not moving again so if they go to the animal shelter, so what! I should take some of that tide down there too. gosh that was a good idea?!

Well checking in, Texas, I am DOWN in Austin as soon as you go..wow what great pics..now that swimming place, was that in the river, or along the river, interesting..or was it a hot pool..spit it out girl. Good lookin' cowboys..and I never realized how hilly it was..now Dan was telling us last night that he and his buddy John are going to Austin mid July..Texas when you get time can you email me a list of must sees for them? His friend's sister lives there, I think.

Hammy, go with the green with pink accent..That's my vote.

Everyone else, will catch up later...

Old 06-15-2009, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
2) Texas, great shots of Austin, Why no head shot of your "friend?" Jim....friend???? hmmmmm
I didn't want to post head shots of him without his permission, because sometimes he reads CD.com. The other ones I posted, I know wouldn't mind!! I swear he's only a friend--more like a brother actually!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by c21boquetebocasgold View Post
I'd forgotten how beautiful Austin is. Probably the prettiest place in Texas. Thanks so much for posting these. You looked happy and can't wait until you get 'home'. Dogmom, hand over those ruby slippers!
Yes, Barb...please hand over the ruby red slippers--time for me to go "HOME"!!

C21--come visit me anytime once I am living there!! Yes, Weldon is a cutie!! I had been communicating w/him on myspace for about a year and finally met him when I went to Austin. I knew his life story is under an hour--the boy loves to talk! What a sweetie. He can sing too!

Where is Sara?????

Last edited by TexasGirl@Heart; 06-15-2009 at 09:23 AM..

Old 06-15-2009, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookdaleresident View Post
Thanks for sharing. The pics are beautiful!!!
Thanks girl!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Good morning campers, thought I would sneak in here while Carl putzing in the garage looking for more WORK for me to do..we have already hung 3 of our clocks, which is huge..feels a little more like home. The entertainment center is put together, the flat screen tv is in place, the Wii I bought a month ago and never set up is set up, thank you Dan! These kids can hook that stuff up likety split. I need another controller at some point, but I have the wii fit so hoping that will help me out..

Picked up the new used washer dryer yesterday, thank goodness they both work. I would never have lived that down, to buy a set sight unseen..but its good, also bought 13 bottles of 64 load tide HE..for $100. Thats a deal, and she threw in some scrapbooking stuff for me Bonus! Trying to wash some of the blankets he had wrapped around the furniture in storage so we can bag those..although we are not moving again so if they go to the animal shelter, so what! I should take some of that tide down there too. gosh that was a good idea?!

Well checking in, Texas, I am DOWN in Austin as soon as you go..wow what great pics..now that swimming place, was that in the river, or along the river, interesting..or was it a hot pool..spit it out girl. Good lookin' cowboys..and I never realized how hilly it was..now Dan was telling us last night that he and his buddy John are going to Austin mid July..Texas when you get time can you email me a list of must sees for them? His friend's sister lives there, I think.
WOW--you did get a great deal on the Tide!! As for the Wii fit--let me know if it works or not. If you walk to your parents every day and swim for 1-2 hrs every day--you will lose weight. That is the perfect plan--forget the Wii!!!

I will put together a must list for Austin and email it to you. How old is Dan? What does he like to do? Is he a party boy? What type of music does he like? So glad you are "DOWN" to visit me!!! Cannot wait for that!!

Barton Springs Pool is part of the Colorado River which is dammed up--it's a side inlet of the river which is Barton Springs creek. It is 68 degrees year round.
Austin and the surrounding area is called "Hill Country". I laugh because I live in PA!! Now there are some hills!! To me--Austin is flat! It's all relative to what you are used to, but to be honest, I actually live in the Allegheny Mountains which are part of the Appalacian Mountain range.

Old 06-15-2009, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by c21boquetebocasgold View Post
So for just a little bit of humor that I think we all need, here's a great FSBO sign - definitely following 'full disclosure'
I loved that sign!!! Tried to rep you but couldn't!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate