Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2009, 10:54 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,180,895 times

Advertisements

In memory of the first Boot Camp- started 8/6/08- 8 months ago......I rustleed up part of the first post. A review and big kickoff for the new spring season. GO buyers!!! get out there and make your offers!! Even if they are stupid!! LOL Serioulsy, get off your duffs and buy a dadgummed house already!

An oldie but goodie- heh heh
In honor of this 'anniversary ' of sorts...... may I present
'Come Buy Today' sans styx < you know the tune!!>

I'm selling today, have an open house, come and look at me,
I've got to be free, free to face the life that's ahead of me
At home I'm the captain, so come inside.
You'll search all cabinets in every room,
And I'll try, oh Lord, I'll try to stay away...

Please buy it as is, inspections of the house bring on insanity,
I'm nervous, you're mad,
I think of lost profits and the dreams we had
We live happily forever, so the story goes
But somehow we missed out on that pot of gold
But we'll try best that we can to carry on

A gathering of Josephs appeared above my head
They sang to me this song of hope, and this is what they said
They said come by today, come buy today
come buy today looker...
Seller be fine, seller drink wine,
Seller survive today...
come buy today!

YEE haw!!! go sellers, go sellers
go buyers, go buyers

Pixie dust, sellers mojo and St Josephs for every one!!

Old 04-06-2009, 06:03 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,443,053 times
Morning, Did everyone have a good weekend? Hope so-did anyone have a call on their house? Will be out and about most of the day, if I don't get blown off the road. The sun is trying to come out but the wind is horrible, hate driving in it but oh well...........Enjoy your day.

Old 04-06-2009, 08:57 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,843,220 times
Morning Painter and all-no calls no nothing!

Just saw house up the street lowered from $399,900 to $274,900 plus $3K in closing costs.

Love this one-the new assessment just came in the mail. We are now assessed at $248,800-up from $159,000 3 yrs. ago. Our list price is $247,300.

Old 04-06-2009, 09:24 AM

2,766 posts, read 5,519,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Hey all had to come in and get my fix. I popped into a couple of the threads and good golly I swear, why are some of these people so dang RUDE? I have probably started a bit of a war on the one but....tough crap you know. Well I guess I am gonna head off to try to get some sleep, it has been awhile. Early day tomorrow, Get to go check on a house to redo and then stage for the market, yahooooo! Hope to land a contract on it, cross your fingers gals. Business is tough ya know.....
Good luck painter on the job. Fingers are crossed as is everything else except for the eyes could never do that.lol

Old 04-06-2009, 09:28 AM

3,320 posts, read 5,593,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Morning Painter and all-no calls no nothing!

Just saw house up the street lowered from $399,900 to $274,900 plus $3K in closing costs.

Love this one-the new assessment just came in the mail. We are now assessed at $248,800-up from $159,000 3 yrs. ago. Our list price is $247,300.
That is a really huge jump in a short time Lacey Our assessment increased 3% steadily for 14 years. Do you live in a smaller town away from big cities? Are there many sales happening comparable to the inventory?

From the way you described your house in the past it sounds wonderful and I don't understand what the problem is...cash strapped buyers perhaps?!

Old 04-06-2009, 09:33 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,843,220 times
Gold-have no clue as to why the assessments have jumped so. We paid $215K for the house and the only thing I can figure is it's a way to increase their tax base. Town is about 12,000. Our taxes have gone up $600 in almost 3 years.

This is the 2nd assessment this year!

Old 04-06-2009, 09:41 AM

3,320 posts, read 5,593,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Gold-have no clue as to why the assessments have jumped so. We paid $215K for the house and the only thing I can figure is it's a way to increase their tax base. Town is about 12,000. Our taxes have gone up $600 in almost 3 years.

This is the 2nd assessment this year!
Wow, well I certainly hope things turn around for you or you decide to stay for awhile and just travel!

Old 04-06-2009, 01:37 PM

959 posts, read 1,823,743 times
Hey all! I had given up trying to get on here because it seems like everytime I try, it is down!

Lacey - I am so glad you are home safe and sound. I hope your time at the wedding was wonderful!

Nothing really new to report here, just checking in.

Kristine

Old 04-06-2009, 02:13 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,443,053 times
Hey all, Yep got the job, of course, I book 95% of the ones I do estimates on. This is a sweet couple in the late 70s, man do they have some HUGH furniture crammed into the house. This is gonna be a hard one to sell for my RE friend!

I stopped by my agents office to get flyers, and to have a chat. He asked his brokers to do comps and see what they thought the list price on my place should be. The said since it is an "older" home to put it at $75.00/sf and then figure in the lowest price sold on acreage, not to give credit for fence or pool, landscape ect. Even after all this my price was lower than what the broker said to list at! So get this he still said to lower it or have it reappraised and he would reimburse me at closing. I told my agent that is fine and dandy but are you going to sell it or am I just gonna eat another 350? This is crazy crap!!!!

Old 04-06-2009, 02:34 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,519,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Hey all, Yep got the job, of course, I book 95% of the ones I do estimates on. This is a sweet couple in the late 70s, man do they have some HUGH furniture crammed into the house. This is gonna be a hard one to sell for my RE friend!

I stopped by my agents office to get flyers, and to have a chat. He asked his brokers to do comps and see what they thought the list price on my place should be. The said since it is an "older" home to put it at $75.00/sf and then figure in the lowest price sold on acreage, not to give credit for fence or pool, landscape ect. Even after all this my price was lower than what the broker said to list at! So get this he still said to lower it or have it reappraised and he would reimburse me at closing. I told my agent that is fine and dandy but are you going to sell it or am I just gonna eat another 350? This is crazy crap!!!!

Way to go painter on the job. Really don't know what to say about the price of your house but knowing you, you will do what is best for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate