Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2009, 12:31 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,367,988 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Not yet Tex-it was mentioned few weeks back.

Is the "I" Immeuran? We have had it.
Two of the best drugs on the market for crohns is Asacol or Remicade.

Old 04-26-2009, 12:34 PM

982 posts, read 1,099,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Not yet Tex-it was mentioned few weeks back.

Is the "I" Immeuran? We have had it.
Yes, it is. That didn't work?

Tex - my friends both used Remicade (sp?) and it didn't work, but the first one got the Immeuran and it worked so well, I told the second one about it and he got it and it worked for him too. Not sure if either used the other med you mentioned.

Shoot, I was hoping the Immeruan would be the ticket.

Old 04-26-2009, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsFancyPants View Post
Yes, it is. That didn't work?

Tex - my friends both used Remicade (sp?) and it didn't work, but the first one got the Immeuran and it worked so well, I told the second one about it and he got it and it worked for him too. Not sure if either used the other med you mentioned.

Shoot, I was hoping the Immeruan would be the ticket.
Imuran is an immunosuppressant and shouldn't be used long term! It can certainly help in severe cases but shouldn't stay on imuran for an extended period of time. I can check with the IBD here but I think I'm right. Are your friends on it long term?

Remicade has done remarkable things for the IBD population here in Pittsburgh. That surprises me that it didn't work for your friends.

Actually, I guess you can take imuran for an extended period of time, but I would be leary about it. It has a lot of side affects.

ADDENDUM: I take what I have in bold back. I looked up the drug and it can be used long term, but it usually is used in conjunction with Asacol or remicade.

Last edited by TexasGirl@Heart; 04-26-2009 at 01:16 PM..

Old 04-26-2009, 01:26 PM

2,505 posts, read 6,147,511 times
Barb, Your dalmation is adorable. Looks like he's getting the royal treatment. Hope he heals up soon. Vets bills are unbelievable. MFP, I love the style and decorating you did in the rental house. I can understand why someone would want to buy it. Hey Texas, getting excited about the Derby?
Do you have a favorite picked out yet?

Old 04-26-2009, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tambre View Post
Hey Texas, getting excited about the Derby?
Do you have a favorite picked out yet?
As a matter of fact, I do have my Derby horse picked! I am going with Quality Road. I think I am going to pick the 3 top horses (trifecta bet) and box them...that means they can come in 1st, 2nd and 3rd in any order.

My 3 picks are:

Quality Road (I think he'll win)
Pioneer of the Nile
I want Revenge

Now for Friday (the day before Derby) --Kentucky Oaks (run for the lilies)...my picks are:

Rachael Alexandria (She is going to win!)
Just Whistle Dixie
Flying Spur vs Stardom Bound--not sure which one of these 2 to pick for my trifecta bet.

Old 04-26-2009, 02:25 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,443,053 times
Afternoon all! Well after a week of no cleaning and 2 dogs and company my house is a wreck. Been cleaning all day, and now heading out to start the hedges, ick.... AND my realtor called and asked that I unlock the little house for yet another showing-they are over there now. WTF! We are getting calls EVERYDAY on the little house. No calls on mine yet though, bummer. He was heading into the office and will let me know if there was any inquires on email.

dogmom, That is one sweet looking pup! I sure hope he/she heals fast. Did they give you a antibiotic cream to put on the wound?

Old 04-26-2009, 04:01 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,271,143 times
Thanks, Painter, she is fine..that picture was taken a few weeks ago..she's a devil but manages to look like an angel for pictures lol...we've been putting neosporin on it...next time one of these dogs hurts themselves they are wearing cones..

Old 04-26-2009, 04:04 PM

2,505 posts, read 6,147,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
As a matter of fact, I do have my Derby horse picked! I am going with Quality Road. I think I am going to pick the 3 top horses (trifecta bet) and box them...that means they can come in 1st, 2nd and 3rd in any order.

My 3 picks are:

Quality Road (I think he'll win)
Pioneer of the Nile
I want Revenge

Now for Friday (the day before Derby) --Kentucky Oaks (run for the lilies)...my picks are:

Rachael Alexandria (She is going to win!)
Just Whistle Dixie
Flying Spur vs Stardom Bound--not sure which one of these 2 to pick for my trifecta bet.
Going to put having a mint julep and going to the Derby on the bucket list. Are you flying or driving to Churchill Downs? Looking forward to when you post pictures of your new hat. Good luck with your bets. Hope you win the Trifecta and makes lots of dough.

Old 04-26-2009, 04:08 PM

982 posts, read 1,099,530 times
I can't wait to see that hat!!!

Old 04-26-2009, 04:12 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,443,053 times
Dogmom, A good triple antibio. cream works better than Neosp. on our pups.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate