Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 10:05 PM

15,577 posts, read 40,434,848 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
Okay silverfall- i'll give ya the A-net.but do you ya have the big ole scary fake nails???? LOL
Never had the super long nails...Can't type on CD and have those puppies...

I'm still amazed I have any hair left after using all that noxious stuff on my hair as a teenager... I did have the big hoop earrings, but I have a metal allergy and can't wear most earrings anymore...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2009, 10:10 PM

1,570 posts, read 5,987,379 times
The common thought is to drive a car that is comfortable for passengers.
Let's get real and to the point of your post. A five year old car can hardly be considered impressive or unaffordable. BTW. I'm a real estate broker and I've never had a car payment ... I pay cash for cars.
I trust you are doing well. Best wishes.

Old 03-30-2009, 08:07 AM

1,222 posts, read 5,150,066 times
Default The mini-van rocks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by faabala View Post
Gee, can the wife and I be the only Real Estate agents who drive a minivan? Yes, we are full time agents. We have a 2006 Toyota minivan that is paid off. Great for hauling around the whole family when showing houses.
No you're not the only one! First and foremost I am a mom who does carpool and likes to keep her own kids separated so they cannot "touch" each other! Hence I drive a 2005 T&C with Stow-N-Go and the DVD system. I have provided car seats for clients and even popped in a DVD for the kids. Oh, and it's paid for and pushing 75K miles!

Old 03-30-2009, 10:15 AM

1,065 posts, read 4,146,685 times
I guess I'm the stereotype, driving a 3 year old infiniti.

Old 03-30-2009, 11:13 AM

6,957 posts, read 22,311,234 times
I drive an 8 year old Audi (the small one) with 145K on the OD. It's totally an inappropriate car for this job because it doesn't have much ground clearance (clunk), but I don't make it my primary function to be showing property to clients.

My wife drives the ideal realtor car for around here. A Nice Toyota RAV4. She's a visiting nurse for Hospice and she has to go to more places around here than I do.

Old 03-30-2009, 12:24 PM

6,175 posts, read 12,939,084 times
So now, in addition to everything else, we need to be concerned with buying & driving a car that meets the approval of people we've never met? Really?

I don't think so. Homey don't play dat.

Hey, I have an idea. Focus on what the Realtor is providing for the fee they want to charge you. Evaluate that Realtor and his services objectively. Negotiate the fee & services that work for you in yoru situation. Decide whether you want to hire him or not. Be concernced with his ability, his track record, his rate, his recognition of your needs, his explanation of what he will do, his attention to the details that you feel are important, and your general impression of the job he is going to do for you. Try to not concern yoruself overmuch with the car he drives, the clothes he wears, the restaurants at which he eats, the vacations on which he takes his family and anything else that is really NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS.

Old 03-30-2009, 01:44 PM

718 posts, read 2,079,455 times
We don't judge you when we walk into your home initially. Some nice, very well to do people are slobs....

Old 03-30-2009, 01:49 PM

5,273 posts, read 7,347,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfall View Post
Say it ain't so...are you sayin' I gotta give up my aqua net hairspray? 'Cause I'm a child of the 80's and grew up with big hair..

SilverFall? Do you really have big hair still??? LOL! I had the "high hair" in the 80's myself and remember I had a date and the guy said he would give me a call in the Fall LOL!!!!!!!! Too much hairspray I guess! ---I used Rave. Never got into AquaNet!! Both were quite noxious though!

LOL Crazyma.

My soon to be ex-realtor has Mercedes E class. I have a Mercedes *S420*...but mine is a few years old!

Old 03-30-2009, 01:53 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,135,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FelixTheCat View Post
Why do most of them drive luxury cars we all know they can't afford? They are usually 5 year old BMWs or Lexus. At least spice it up with an audi or lincoln town car to show you aren't tryng that hard.
Maybe they can afford them. Some people are very good with their money and frugal. I have a Cadillac Eldorado which I purchase last year for $5900. It looks *almost* brand new and "Joe Average Guy" would probably think it was a lot more expensive than it is. In a few months we'll be buying an older Escalade for around $15,000, which again, looks just as good as a new one costing $50,000.

20yrsinBranson
*former* real estate agent

Old 03-30-2009, 11:03 PM

9,618 posts, read 27,342,201 times
I drive a long ago paid for 2000 Chevy Lumina. It's comfortable, and clients get the impression that I'm looking out for their best interests by not flushing money down the drain on an expensive car, that I want to save me money and want to save them money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate