Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2009, 08:39 PM

2 posts, read 5,220 times

Advertisements

I have no idea where to ask this, and haven't found anything, so here it goes.....My parents were about to pay rent on their rented home of many years when the owner says today the house is going up for auction on the 24th, they have to get out. First off, they have no lease, a decision the owner decided after the last lease ended (A strike against my parents as there is no legal binding agreement), which I found odd as they always were right on top of getting a new leased signed asap by my parents. my parents were never informed there was a problem with the home or a reason or possibility for the home going into auction, although they were told the house was going on short sale last month. We didn't know what all that meant, so I did some looking on the net and I recently found out possibly that means the home is in foreclosure. Basically after all that is laid out for you, my ? is what rights do my parents have here in AZ, what are their options?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2009, 08:47 PM

1,155 posts, read 3,379,962 times
Could be a blessing, as you are finding out, anyone can bid on the house, and if the bank is agreeable, could even work out staying, and pay the bank rent money? Also, possibly could get a great deal , as bank could sell at a great price. good luck.

Old 04-02-2009, 09:06 PM

2 posts, read 5,220 times
they cant qualify to buy a home right now, something they are working on to fix currently. I thought about maybe they keepin tabs with the bank and see if it doesnt sell if the bank with take them on as tenants, but the owners arent sharing info obviously, so i guess they need to see if they can get the bank info outta them atleast or how to fimd out who buys it or whatever. I dont know, 3weeks away is pretty close Im real estate challenged, lol, i have no clue where to start to help them...I dont even own a house because i am afraid to take on a process i know nothing about.

Old 04-03-2009, 11:15 AM

27,206 posts, read 46,620,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkw74 View Post
I have no idea where to ask this, and haven't found anything, so here it goes.....My parents were about to pay rent on their rented home of many years when the owner says today the house is going up for auction on the 24th, they have to get out. First off, they have no lease, a decision the owner decided after the last lease ended (A strike against my parents as there is no legal binding agreement), which I found odd as they always were right on top of getting a new leased signed asap by my parents. my parents were never informed there was a problem with the home or a reason or possibility for the home going into auction, although they were told the house was going on short sale last month. We didn't know what all that meant, so I did some looking on the net and I recently found out possibly that means the home is in foreclosure. Basically after all that is laid out for you, my ? is what rights do my parents have here in AZ, what are their options?
Something sounds weid to me...Shouldn't your parents since they live at the address although the didn't have a new contract in writing (but when a lease expired and not a new lease is signed it will automatically be a month to month lease in most States), have been served with eviction papers and gotten papers about the auction...I would suggest you look on the public records and see if a auction notice is recorded since in our County that is what happens...maybe the LL is lying!

In any case I would start to search for another property to rent and good luck to your parents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate