Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 08:58 PM

16,069 posts, read 21,144,062 times

Advertisements

When I was looking at homes the few places I left feedback were the places that had cards or questionnaires that could be filled out at the house.
Seeing several houses in a day makes them run together and you forget what you looked at unles something really stands out in your mind. I think a couple of sellers agents caught my agent pretty quickly after a showing, while the house was still fresh on our minds, and got a few words of feedback. Mostly of the noncomittal "Nice house, it's just not what they were looking for" variety.
I think the questionaires made it easier to give an honest opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2009, 09:54 PM

1,155 posts, read 3,388,986 times
Sorry lucyhoneychurch, considerations are not high on a lot of peoples list, but a few folks still have some. If I were you agent, I would never allow you to show to someone walking up, and knocking on your door, and if fact, would call and tell that agent, how wrong and inconsiderate. Most home buyers, are always wanting things instantly, and give no thought about all the inconviences caused to the sellers. The real busy selling agents are often showing anywhere between a dozen and more, on each outing, and feedback, when busy, is a tough thing, though not really worth that much. Bottom line, you could get several comments, but the only thing that matters, is finding the same kind of person, who liked what you have, and fits their taste also. I have had clients, so frustrated, that having to keep their house ready, drove them to unlist their house. So stay upbeat, and just try and keep it somewhat presentable, and hopefully will recieve good news soon.

Old 04-03-2009, 09:57 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,183,047 times
I know as an agent I'll get slammed but here goes....

When I'm with a buyer I might show 15-40 homes on a 3 day weekend if he is a serious buyer. The only feedback I usually give is if there is a major problem with a home like a strong smell, etc.

No feed back usually means "It's just not the right house"

You can request a 1 hour window, with 3 kids we agents understand. Also, if possible don't leave until you see the agents car pull up in front.

The main thing is when we walk in, is your home a WOW house ?

Old 04-03-2009, 09:59 PM

161 posts, read 568,412 times
Thanks oldmanbob, when that agent knocked, I told him he could see it but he had to go through proper channels first--call the central listing place and request an appt, which he did--it was just for 15 minutes later instead of the hour we usually request. We didn't want to turn them away in case they were "the ones"!

Old 04-03-2009, 10:05 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,183,047 times
Lucy - If you are in an area that uses CSS (Centralized Showing Service) they offer a gizmo your agent can rent I believe that when the agents leave the house they push a button which sends a signal to a receiver you carry. Kind of like at a restaurant.

Might help so your not out longer than needed.

Old 04-03-2009, 10:12 PM

6,333 posts, read 18,055,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brookdaleresident View Post
lucy, I went through the same thing. In the end, the feedback was useless. Don't stress over it. There's no logic when it comes down to it. Just hang in there. I can sympathize. We ate a lot of take out food! I suppose it comes with the territory. Good luck!
This is the best answer so far.

You're expecting way too much from the process. And you're taking it personal that others don't behave the way you want. They never will, so just worry about things you can control. It's your agent's job to seek feedback and report to you. You should shouldn't be worried about it.

I show a lot of homes and frankly, I can't remember much about half of them. Agents commonly call 3 days to a week later and ask for feedback. I tell them to email a link to me of the listing and if I remember the house I'll try to help out. Only 1 out of 4 ever send an email.

If it's a house on my buyer's short list, I certainly don't say much about it to tip off the listing agent that they like it. I just say we're still looking.

Our main feedback is that if a listing receives 12 to 18 showings with no offer, something needs to change, and we will have already talked to the owner about the fact that we'll be dropping the price if we don't receive offers after that number of showings. Since we stage every listing and make our sellers do a long checklist of prep work, condition is not normally an issue, so we are left with price.

Good luck selling your house.

Steve

Old 04-03-2009, 10:14 PM

That sounds good-- I have thought about waiting until the people actually show, but I would have to have the animals in their crates, kids not playing with toys so they don't mess things up, and it could be a while. Better to leave and know when the coast is clear. I'll ask my agent about that system tomorrow--thanks!

Old 04-03-2009, 10:22 PM

Austin-steve,

We actually DID have an offer on the 2nd day our home was on the market, however, for various reasons it did not work out. The offer was quite low plus assistance was needed for all closing costs on behalf of the buyer--in the end they had no wiggle room at all, plus their financing was shaky to say the least--we reluctantly passed and the showings have been steady ever since but no second showings....Another family from out of state who saw our house indicated to their agent they are very interested, however cannot make an offer until they sell their own home.

So we have had interest, just a matter of hooking the right one now! Thanks for the advice and support. I'll stop obsessing now, I promise.

Old 04-03-2009, 10:28 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,595,060 times
Lucyhoney, if your agent uses a showing service you should have the capability to check on the net who made a showing appt...at least that's how mine worked.

I wouldn't get caught up in the feedback or lack there of...and I know that's easy to say the longer one sits on the market. Middle aged Mom made some good points.

All you really need is a qualified buyer who is willing to buy your house...you can't really force it. Remember a house is only worth what someone will pay for it.

Best of luck to you and everything crossed for the impending happy occassion, it will happen It sounds like you are doing everything right and I agree with the person who suggested removing all personal items and clutter.

I left our small dogs dishes out and still got a non pet owner buyer after one showing so it can go both ways...if someone likes the home and price it may not matter as long as everything is fresh and clean.

Last edited by gold*dust1; 04-03-2009 at 10:49 PM..

Old 04-03-2009, 10:34 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,595,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucyhoneychurch View Post
That sounds good-- I have thought about waiting until the people actually show, but I would have to have the animals in their crates, kids not playing with toys so they don't mess things up, and it could be a while. Better to leave and know when the coast is clear. I'll ask my agent about that system tomorrow--thanks!
What I did Honey, and it was only one time, but what I may have continued was to get my pets in their crates and back out of the driveway close to the scheduled time and keep a watch on the house by circling the neighborhood. I caught them pulling up mins after the set upon time and they were out in 15.

We were on the one hour window system already mentioned to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate