Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2008, 03:01 PM

167 posts, read 453,332 times

Advertisements

We just got back from looking at real estate at Temecula, CA.

Moderator cut: no realtor recommendations, please

Okay, this is what we thought about Temecula. Temecula is the most beautiful town in Riverside County. Just our opinion mind you but we were very impressed. I was amazed by all of the greenery, trees, bushes, flowers. It has all the shopping and restaurants that one would ever need or want. Lots of parks.

The neighborhoods were beautiful. One particular neighborhood I fell in love with because of the topography..hilly and the houses were older and kept up, with lots of trees and bushes.

Downside of Temecula is the roar of cars because the traffic is excessive. It is busy, busy, busy, especially those hours when commuters are going to work and coming home from work. We left our Hotel on Jefferson and there was a pick up truck behind us and he kept on honking his horn in frustration that we did not drive faster. What is with people in pick up trucks always in a hurry. I have read about the road rage in Temecula by other posters, and you are so right. I felt my blood pressure on the rise as I drove in Temecula, as drivers will cut you off in a heart beat. BEWARE.

We drove to Fallbrook and we did not like what we saw. It is compacted, traffic, traffic and the roads and town were in need of repair.

We drove to Oceanside and there were so many people at the beach, we did not stop. I do not like to walk on beaches that the beach has so many people that you could not possibly walk without stepping on someone's belongings.

WEATHER: The weather in Temecula was a little disappointing. It was HOT during the day, 96 degrees but the evenings and early mornings were PERFECT, nice and cool.

We are still considering Temecula but I fear that we would get tired of the traffic. People are friendly. We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express and the employees were overly friendly and accomodating. One of the top hotels I ever stayed in.

Overall, Temecula is a beautiful city..it is not a town but city.

Last edited by Marka; 09-01-2008 at 01:44 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2008, 01:07 PM

52,238 posts, read 52,648,334 times
Temcula is a great city. The city planners didn't do a good job of planning for growth though.

We used to go to the wineries there had a real good time. The city is really nice.

Old 07-20-2008, 12:30 PM

87 posts, read 411,234 times
I have a good freind living in Temecula. Its a nice city not to far from san DIego or Los angeles. Many wineiers and maybe 2 hours from the coast.

Old 07-20-2008, 04:56 PM

2,638 posts, read 6,019,323 times
"not too far from San Diego" - LOL

Maybe as the bird flies...but try to get on the freeway at 7:30am. It'll take you nearly 40 minutes to get ON the freeway, nevermind the traffic on the freeway itself until you get to Rancho Bernardo.

Old 08-30-2008, 11:13 AM

5 posts, read 16,515 times
Cool traffic?

Look we must be sincere here...traffic now are heavy in any where in the south and north of California... I live in West Los Angeles for 25 year, today your better be prepare to get on the 10 or the 405 or any mayor route during traffic hours is impossible!. Also in San Francisco, San Jose, the traffic there is incredible, any where and almost any time the traffic are became a nightmare....Temecula like other popular cities don't escape to those problems. So we better be cool and be patient until the people in charge a least try to do something for us...with our money any way!

Old 08-31-2008, 12:17 AM

5,587 posts, read 8,401,301 times
When I moved from the East Coast to Orange Co. in 1999, I was amazed at how courteous the drivers were. No honking, no flipping off, no tailgating. People drove fast but always let you in if you put your turn signal on to change lanes.

WELL, that seems to have all changed! Or maybe it's just me getting old. Anyway, on my recent visit, I was on the 405 and 55, etc., roads I'm familiar with, and people were up my a** the entire time. And I did get flipped off on a side road because I wasn't going fast enough. Most of the aggressive driving was from -- you guessed it -- the pickup truck crowd. I was very disappointed, as I had been bragging about the nice Calif. drivers to all my impatient East-Coast driving friends.

Never been to Temecula, but drove through the area and it is beautiful. Though I have heard it is hot, being that far from the coast.

Old 08-31-2008, 09:18 AM

345 posts, read 466,840 times
Having to deal with traffic is one thing, having to live 24/7/365 breathing toxin particulates which are amongst the highest in the USA is another. How important to you is the health of your children? The affects of poor air quality, poor diet choices, lack of exercise, substance abuse, etc. hit us hard later in life. You can get most of your choices right, but you can't escape the air you breathe. Choices have consequences.

Last edited by Ria Rhodes; 08-31-2008 at 09:29 AM..

Old 09-30-2008, 11:18 AM

1 posts, read 3,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ria Rhodes View Post
Having to deal with traffic is one thing, having to live 24/7/365 breathing toxin particulates which are amongst the highest in the USA is another. How important to you is the health of your children? The affects of poor air quality, poor diet choices, lack of exercise, substance abuse, etc. hit us hard later in life. You can get most of your choices right, but you can't escape the air you breathe. Choices have consequences.
Dear R. Rhodes,

Does your statement pertain to Temecula in particular, or Southern California, or all of California?

Old 09-30-2008, 01:30 PM

516 posts, read 1,888,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by havasulady View Post
Downside of Temecula is the roar of cars because the traffic is excessive. It is busy, busy, busy, especially those hours when commuters are going to work and coming home from work. We left our Hotel on Jefferson and there was a pick up truck behind us and he kept on honking his horn in frustration that we did not drive faster. What is with people in pick up trucks always in a hurry. I have read about the road rage in Temecula by other posters, and you are so right. I felt my blood pressure on the rise as I drove in Temecula, as drivers will cut you off in a heart beat. BEWARE.

We drove to Fallbrook and we did not like what we saw. It is compacted, traffic, traffic and the roads and town were in need of repair.

We drove to Oceanside and there were so many people at the beach, we did not stop. I do not like to walk on beaches that the beach has so many people that you could not possibly walk without stepping on someone's belongings.
If you don't like that, then you probably shouldn't be considering Southern California at all. You pretty much described everything from San Diego to Santa Barbara.

Quote:
WEATHER: The weather in Temecula was a little disappointing. It was HOT during the day, 96 degrees but the evenings and early mornings were PERFECT, nice and cool.
96 hot? In Riverside, that's an average summer day...

Quote:
We are still considering Temecula but I fear that we would get tired of the traffic.
As a native of Riverside, I have to say - if the traffic bothered you on a visit, then you should stay well away from anywhere in Southern California. You're really not likely to find anything better - and yes, it DOES get rather tiring.

Old 09-30-2008, 02:29 PM

Location: In the North Idaho woods, still surrounded by terriers
2,179 posts, read 7,018,183 times
I remember Temecula when it was all avocado and orange groves, hardly a house to be seen, quaint little town...I am old
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate