Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 09:49 PM

6,175 posts, read 12,939,084 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenAngel View Post
No, my broker said they would only drop their commission if the other broker would but the other broker wouldn't (my Mom's friend) so my broker would give anything at all!!! Imagine? "We'll cut our commission if they do but we won't cut it for you the Seller (the CLIENT!)". That's just plain wrong, I don't care what any of you say ....
BUt wait a minute.....
In your first post on this thread, wayyyyyyyyy back there all those pages ago, you said "So certainly they would be flexible to help put this together right? WRONG! NONE OF THE 4 REALTORS WERE AT ALL FEXIBLE."
But now you are saying that one of the agents WAS flexible, but that the other party wasn't.
Which was it?
Are any other details also mistakenly presented?

Last edited by Bill Keegan; 05-10-2009 at 10:07 PM.. Reason: typos

Old 05-10-2009, 09:49 PM

17,411 posts, read 14,642,907 times
Just one more thing ... I have cut my commission in the past, or ate small errors (that haven't been my fault) on HUD1s just to get the dang deal to close. But that has always been MY decision.

Quite honestly, when someone TELLS me what I'm going to do, I'm less apt to do it. I'm self employed for a reason. (And especially if that person has been a pain in my ass.)

Be nice, and ask instead of demand, and you might be surprised.

The phrase "you catch more flies with honey than vinegar" has been around for years for a reason: it's true.

Old 05-10-2009, 09:50 PM

8,489 posts, read 20,643,615 times
Quote:
Have you had me on ignore? I took my house off the market and rented it inbetween each sale. I have only been selling FSBO since March 25thish. Hardly 2 years. Where did you get that info from? My house was on the market less then a week when I got an offer? Not too bad, huh?

An offer is as good as a $3 bill. And can buy just as much. It means nothing until it closes. Not too good I would say since it went nowhere.

But you do NOT know what the features of my house are. I have taken the opinions here in and I do plan on asking the next agent if they want to show the house. I will do that but I still need to make sure that noting is touched in the house while I have tenants. That's life as we know it here.

Most good agents do not need a homeowner to point out things in the home for them. Are you going to show me the wonderful stain resistant latex paint? Your side by side refridgerator? No thanks, I am sure I can figure out which is the fridge and which is the stove.

geee, you have some concrete evidence to base that definite assumption? I didn't stop the buyer from making an offer less than 7 days ofter my listing went on MLS.

Yes, i do have concrete evidence to base this on. I have been in this business long enough and had enough conversations with other agents to know this as a fact. Once again, an offer that meant nothing.

I have not had my house on the market very long and the last buyer held the house up for almost a month of that time. Why are you so insistant on making me look so bad? Do you think it makes you look better?

I am not insistant on making you look bad. I am responding to your posts. If that makes you look bad there is nothing I can do about it. I am posting on here so that others have more than just your point of view which at this point just amounts to bashing of the real estate industry.
filler

Old 05-10-2009, 09:54 PM

8,489 posts, read 20,643,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsFancyPants View Post
I think we're comparing apples to oranges, somewhat, here.

If the RE deal doesn't close, the agent makes NOTHING, NADA, ZIP. The buyer's agent will go find her buyer another house, but the listing agent got nothing. She listed the house and spent money advertising, et cetera, and ended up with nothing.

Wouldn't 80% of her original agreed-upon price have been better than 0%?

I am legitimately asking this question.

Painters, and doctors, and dentists, and yada yada, most definitely negotiate their prices when something unforeseen happens. I just had an instance wherein my son went and got a root canal. It was $1500. The insurance ended up not covering it. The dentist took $350 instead of the $1500 they were billing the insurance company. We didn't even ask them to. They just did it.

ETA: My sister's mortgage is with Countrywide. They just sent her a letter out of the blue telling her they were NOT going to readjust her interest rate (she has an ARM, has never been late, and isn't in any danger of being late, has a great job), just because they aren't. They have a contract with her and they just elected not to adjust it w/o her even asking.
What dentists and doctors charge insurance companies is almost always an inflated rate so that example really does not fly.

The lenders are answering to the government now and the readjusting or modifying mortgages is tied to the $25 Billion or so Countrywide got from the fed.

Old 05-10-2009, 10:30 PM

830 posts, read 1,064,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raindrop101 View Post
Then why are you here asking people their opinions?

You said that your agent said that agents in your area "never" cut their commission, yet she gave you a circumstance where she would cut hers. How does that equate to "never"?

I firmly stand by my post. There is absolutely another side to this story, and it is probably very different than your side.

I never said people in my area never reduce their commissions, I have just deduced that from all the realtors here.

This is too much work explaining my situation to peolpe who think they know it better than I.

good nite ....

Old 05-10-2009, 10:34 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,261,360 times
Quote:
I never said people in my area never reduce their commissions, I have just deduced that from all the realtors here.

This is too much work explaining my situation to peolpe who think they know it better than I.
Others have responded to the information YOU POSTED. YOUR information was used to base our responses with

You have, in fact, CHANGED your story from time to time - YOU have created confusion.

And yes - in many cases, some of the posters here DO KNOW FAR BETTER THAN YOU. This is also a fact.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate