U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2007, 09:50 PM

22,386 posts, read 32,075,518 times

Advertisements

I have been looking at homes for sale in Tennessee and so many times the pictures that are posted are either so out of focus or they're taken facing a bright sunny window which means you can't see anything. Why so many pictures of hallways? I want to see pictures of the rooms, the kitchen, living room, bedroom, not pictures of closets. Who takes these pictures? And I hate it when there are no pictures of the inside, I go no further on those.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2007, 10:28 PM

4,280 posts, read 9,899,664 times
Please see the below thread. It's basically addressing the same question.

//www.city-data.com/forum/real-...al-estate.html

Old 04-23-2007, 07:21 PM

9 posts, read 33,583 times
Red face I could do better

I can't help you! I agree. All I can do is try to learn from their mistakes. I am a real estate agent and part of the reason I became one is because I knew I could do it so much better. Most are not looking at the real estate they have to sell from the buyers perspective and what they are looking for as they research properties. I try to remember what I was looking for when purchasing a house. Rooms that were important to me for pictures and size measurements, proper directions to get me there, etc...! I am sorry that you have had a bad experience. Please don't judge us all by the ones who are only looking for a sale.

Old 04-23-2007, 08:35 PM

1,372 posts, read 4,998,230 times
Default driveby "shooting"

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
I have been looking at homes for sale in Tennessee and so many times the pictures that are posted are either so out of focus or they're taken facing a bright sunny window which means you can't see anything. Why so many pictures of hallways? I want to see pictures of the rooms, the kitchen, living room, bedroom, not pictures of closets. Who takes these pictures? And I hate it when there are no pictures of the inside, I go no further on those.
ILNC if the pics are bad the were probably taken by the mls service especially if there were no inside pictures
an agent would take pics of nicely done relevant things inside and out

mls usually does a "driveby" lol

Old 04-23-2007, 08:56 PM

15,756 posts, read 35,509,957 times
Probably a local problem. In the west virtually everyone uses a pro Photographer. Generally we do some form of a virtual tour. I general shoot mine myself as well so I have some pictures up the day after listing. But I replace most with the pros pics a couple of days later. I sometimes do panos that I like better than the pros...but 8 out of 10 go to the professional.

Old 04-24-2007, 07:43 AM

5,284 posts, read 19,024,945 times
I think bad pictures of houses for sale are everywhere....also when there is only one or no picture of the interior and lots of pictures of the outside, it gives me the impression that the inside isn't very nice....also those horrible pictures taken at the top of the stairs looking down - scary as all get out - why are there so many pictures like that? Or 3 pictures of the front of the stove? Makes no sense.

Old 04-26-2007, 08:54 PM

196 posts, read 1,000,059 times
I just had to reply to this thread. I completely agree! And why are their so few pictures? When I go to sell my house I will choose a realtor that allows me to have tons of pictures of my home. It's digital, it's cheap, what is the deal? Or how about those that use crappy picture viewing software that you have to scroll from one side of the picture to the next? I post better pictures on ebay of stuff worth 20 bucks!

Old 04-27-2007, 07:25 AM

31,567 posts, read 71,632,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhittak View Post
I just had to reply to this thread. I completely agree! And why are their so few pictures? When I go to sell my house I will choose a realtor that allows me to have tons of pictures of my home. It's digital, it's cheap, what is the deal? Or how about those that use crappy picture viewing software that you have to scroll from one side of the picture to the next? I post better pictures on ebay of stuff worth 20 bucks!
"It's so easy, a caveman can do it!" Hey, if a 20-year-old goober like me can post semi-professional photo tours of my city, then an older realtor should be able to post a few decent pictures of a home's interior with relative ease! As an aspiring realtor myself, I'm already making up my mind as to who I will and will not consider working for. A few local firms truly impress me with their vivid imagery, detailed descriptions, etc., and they're more likely to attract me as an employee as a result. I would not want to be associated with most of the other local firms that don't have web sites, don't have pictures, or, my favorite, the ones that get the TOWN that the property is located in wrong! For God's sake people, you're supposed to be PROFESSIONALS! If you can't tell the difference between Pittston City and Pittston Township (two very distinct communities near each other), then how would a buyer expect you to know about schools, crime, etc.? I just laugh when I go online and see such poorly-done listings to see that a home seller was STUPID enough to select that individual as their listing agent before researching their other listings to see what could be expected in terms of professionalism and advertising/exposure.

Old 04-27-2007, 06:42 PM

417 posts, read 1,049,913 times
Default Pictures AND descriptions

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhittak View Post
When I go to sell my house I will choose a realtor that allows me to have tons of pictures of my home. It's digital, it's cheap, what is the deal? !
It's quite a coincidence I stumbled onto this forum today, because I just finished emailing my realtor some digital pictures I took of our house today. When we listed the house it was a gloomy, snowy day, and the picture on the MLS isn't very flattering because of that. We will see in a few days if the Realtor uses my photos, but I suspect she will.
Another question along this same theme - I don't especially care for the wording in the home description on the listing sheet. Do you think our Realtor would be offended if I make a few suggestions? I know she wrote the description herself and I don't want to alienate her.

Old 04-27-2007, 09:53 PM

22,386 posts, read 32,075,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by us2indaup View Post
It's quite a coincidence I stumbled onto this forum today, because I just finished emailing my realtor some digital pictures I took of our house today. When we listed the house it was a gloomy, snowy day, and the picture on the MLS isn't very flattering because of that. We will see in a few days if the Realtor uses my photos, but I suspect she will.
Another question along this same theme - I don't especially care for the wording in the home description on the listing sheet. Do you think our Realtor would be offended if I make a few suggestions? I know she wrote the description herself and I don't want to alienate her.
Today I looked at pictures of a house for sale and they had pictures of the owners pets I hope you took pictures of the kitchen.
Also if you want it worded different tell her. You are the customer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate