Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 10:00 AM

1,155 posts, read 3,387,747 times

Advertisements

All do a good job, but none are too realistic, as it more or less staged! Every one has their own personality and ways to communicate with clients, and the show does create lots of interest, and whats more amazing, is the difference in prices, from location and towns, etc. I agree, it makes our job look so easy, and just headed to an inspection, on a 70 year old home, so wish us luck! Another one of our small un-noticed duties.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2009, 06:49 PM

394 posts, read 1,048,669 times
I was on an airport shuttle with a longtime Toronto realtor who knows many of the people you see on HGTV. She said the shows are all geared towards an American market (though they are produced in Canada) and that they are sort of a local nuisance because they create ridiculous expectations in buyers. She was really nice but I think the underlying message was that Americans are gullible, maybe???

Old 05-19-2009, 07:55 AM

220 posts, read 1,028,036 times
Saw an episode of the "Unsellables" this weekend. Sofie was showing the house wearing a short black cocktail dress and 5-inch heels. No offers for two months, the house sold in less than 24 hours with multiple offers. One guy said "I'll have to bring my wife back to look at the house" lol.

Old 05-19-2009, 08:36 AM

983 posts, read 2,772,988 times
I like the woman on "Flip this House" that always shoots the flippers a dirty look when evaluating what they are doing. I watch the show just for this.

Old 05-19-2009, 09:32 AM

3,928 posts, read 11,596,703 times
The drama queen (can't remember her name) on Designed to Sell is entertaining. I only wish my transactions could be completed within 30-60 minutes and with sponsors! Ha! LoL!

Old 05-19-2009, 11:26 AM
SXN

350 posts, read 1,288,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassygirl18 View Post
I like the woman on "Flip this House" that always shoots the flippers a dirty look when evaluating what they are doing. I watch the show just for this.
Is that flip this house or property ladder? I like property ladder because the host (former contractor - kirsten, kristen something?) sometimes questions the flippers. Most of the time when they ignore her suggestions they end up way over budget or can't sell.

Old 05-19-2009, 02:15 PM

983 posts, read 2,772,988 times
Yes, that's her - Kirsten (or Kristin).. I LOVE her dirty looks.

Old 05-20-2009, 09:33 AM

220 posts, read 1,028,036 times
Yeah, Kirsten was my favorite in the days of flipping giving clueless people her "are you out of your mind" looks. HGTV should give her a new home selling show, I'd like to see her in action. HGTV does keep in touch with the times, back then it was repeat after repeat of flipping shows, now it is nothing but home buying shows. Towards the end of the shows run, a lot of flippers were losing their a$$ on houses that would not sell. In the beginning, people put in a new sink and doubled their money.

Old 05-20-2009, 11:35 AM

1,422 posts, read 2,302,640 times
The only one I don't mind is Sabrina on that "Get It Sold" show. She's straightforward, no BS and just gets on with it! I like the way she's so efficient at seeing what needs to be done and just dealing with it with the minimum amount of fuss and playing to the camera.

Sandra on Property Virgins - I find her hard to watch - particularly her barracuda-like tendencies to get the buyers to spend right up to/exceed their limits on their "Hooses". At least the too-tight pant suits seem to be a thing of the past for her

Kendra - she always seems like a robot to me - The Stepford Realtor

Sophie - I find her show dull, dull, dull. And I really can't stand her sister's UK show "Location, Location, Location".

Kirsten - she seems to know her stuff. She's similar in her style to Sarah Beeny who does an excellent UK show (Property Ladder) with minimum BS and drama.

Old 05-27-2009, 07:50 AM

18,462 posts, read 31,617,011 times
I like Sandra, I think she tells it like it is, especially when "dumb" buyers say stupid things like " I don't like the color of the walls", "I don't like the carpeting", or my favorite, "I don't like the light fixtures". She tells them that it is any easy fix, not to llok at it, but the space.....

Like duh, painting is the first thing we do anyway, isnt it? Who would want to live with anyones carpeting anyway? and I can pick out my own light fixtures........

Sometimes I think these shows make people seem stupid. Like the young buyers that want a perfect house on day one. That takes years.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate