Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 06:02 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,071,214 times

Advertisements

At first, I said you must be pre-approved to look at my house. I don't want to waste your time or mine. Now, I've gotten this a couple of times "I was pre-approved a year ago, but decided to wait to buy. Now prices have dropped and I'm ready to buy" The way the market is, I have shown it a couple times to a few ppl that have seemed serious but weren't actually pre-approved at the time. I don't want to disqualify anybody in case they really do want to buy. What do you think? As a matter of a fact, I had a man out here today that gave me that story. He owns a tree service and liked the property b/c he can park his 4 big trucks on there. He wanted to see the house right away but I told him that I need at least an hour notice to tidy up. He did ask to see the backyard which I did allow him to do. He said he was definately interested and wanted to come back with his wife. He took a flyer with him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2009, 06:04 PM

982 posts, read 1,100,223 times
I show my house to anyone at anytime. The only time I didn't was a week and a half ago when I was so sick with the flu that I literally could not get out of bed. I missed two showings. Neither have called to reschedule. I just KNOW they would've bought my house!!! LOL!

I seriously make no demands. I bend over backwards to show my home. You just never know when they're "the ones."

How goes it, Becky, since the HGTV/CityData re-do of your house?

Old 05-27-2009, 06:06 PM

2,589 posts, read 10,557,380 times
Every time I've bought I have NOT been pre-approved and I'm a very qualified buyer.

Old 05-27-2009, 07:06 PM

^^^^Thanks for the positive feedback. As far as showings, they are trickling in but since staging the house they definately picked up! It helped alot and I can't thank everyone on CD enough for helping out. I'm just waiting for "that special person" to come by. Hopefully, it will be before my son goes back to school in the fall.
MFP: Hope you're feeling better.

Old 05-27-2009, 07:21 PM

982 posts, read 1,100,223 times
Thanks, Becky. It wasn't swine flu but I swear at times I wished I was dead! Better now. Three weeks of pure hell!

Still sending you good vibes for your sale!

Old 05-27-2009, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsFancyPants View Post
Thanks, Becky. It wasn't swine flu but I swear at times I wished I was dead! Better now. Three weeks of pure hell!

Still sending you good vibes for your sale!
Same back at you!

Old 05-27-2009, 09:58 PM

634 posts, read 1,558,841 times
Hey Beckycat I think in these times it is dangerous to be showing your house to anyone who wants to see it. I would suggest to you that any serious buyer is going to be prepared, which means pre-qualified, everyone else are just tire kickers. Tire kickers are fine for open houses but otherwise they are a waste of time and these days they could have more devious motives.

One thing you can do is send out mailings to your neighbors and host an open house. Have flyers and info available and offer them snacks and something to drink. People love to talk about their own homes and you may find some of them with promote your home and convince a friend or relative to come by and see it. You may be surprised at how powerful this type of networking and socializing with your neighbors can be, but be very careful with letting random strangers in your home.

Good Luck to you.

Old 05-28-2009, 09:34 AM

2,839 posts, read 9,984,553 times
The people who bought our house were not pre-approved, and we took one look at them and thought "this is a waste of time." Appearances can deceive, though, because they did actually come through and purchase the house! (It was a beautiful 200-year old farmhouse colonial that we put a lot of time, sweat, and money into... and now I drive by and the outside is all trashed. What a shame... it makes me sick. Ugh! But I digress... they did pay what we wanted for the house, so it's theirs to care for or not care for as they see fit.)

Old 05-28-2009, 10:28 AM

17,029 posts, read 30,929,122 times
Getting preapproved only takes 10 minutes, shouldnt be a big deal.

Old 05-28-2009, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
Getting preapproved only takes 10 minutes, shouldnt be a big deal.
Isn't that just pre-qualified? There is a difference here. Pre-qualified is just a quick credit check and a few questions. Pre-approved is once you get all the official paerwork in to prove your income, etc. That's what I understand it as.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate