Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2009, 08:26 PM

51 posts, read 87,756 times

Advertisements

I love "Buy Me." I can never find it on tv though. Is it on late at night?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2009, 03:34 AM

3,320 posts, read 5,593,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by izzybella View Post
I love "Buy Me." I can never find it on tv though. Is it on late at night?
I also loved "Buy Me"!!!! Sadly I think some of the new garbage they are showing has put it on the back burner, as I can't seem to find it in any time slot Used to be on at 9 pm Mondays here and then repeated 1 am, until some new show with a group of real estate agents babbling big time, boring premeired in that time slot

Old 06-09-2009, 09:01 PM

353 posts, read 1,020,639 times
A STAGED reality show? OMG! What's the world coming to?!?!?!?

Old 12-08-2009, 08:48 PM

1 posts, read 1,786 times
Default Can't believe the peolpe can afford the homes on House Hunters

Just watched a House hunter episode with a mid thirties couple with two children and both working as researchers for the Univ of Denver with a budget of $1.1 to $1.6M. Can't believe there aren't some special circumstances there. Situations like this may make people believe they can afford anything, hence the high foreclosure rates.

Old 12-10-2009, 09:30 AM

34,913 posts, read 56,893,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timsmeegs View Post
Just watched a House hunter episode with a mid thirties couple with two children and both working as researchers for the Univ of Denver with a budget of $1.1 to $1.6M. Can't believe there aren't some special circumstances there. Situations like this may make people believe they can afford anything, hence the high foreclosure rates.
What special circumstances? They are high income professionals. No surprises there. So they can afford a million dollar plus home. It is interesting to see what that buys in the area they were looking at. Jay

Old 12-10-2009, 08:03 PM

613 posts, read 1,016,542 times
I think I saw one show where a woman decided to stay where she was at the end!

How about the "Designed to Sell"s where they let them renovate their house and then "decided to stay". How rude!

Old 12-10-2009, 08:09 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
My gosh people..even the "reality" shows are not real.

It's TV for pete's sake..are some of you actually shocked that it's not really real ?

Old 12-11-2009, 07:08 AM

91 posts, read 374,539 times
Fake?

Staged?

Really?

What was the first clue? Perhaps that the buyers only looked at three houses, and only one house a day, before having to make a decision tip you off?

Old 12-11-2009, 07:13 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,443,053 times
House hunt inter'l.......I just can not believe what money buys in other countries. The expectations buyers here have vs the "luxe" there is unbelievable. Last night a couple had been looking for the perfect home for over a year, would place an offer of 100k+ less than asking on their picks. I don't remember the budget but think it was around 350K. In the end they did not get the house and the agent told them that the market was not the same as in the U.S. (buyers were from CA) that sellers stick to their prices...hmmm interesting.

Old 12-13-2009, 10:45 AM

11,874 posts, read 11,043,447 times
Well first, duh, a lot of it is staged. I only wish working with buyers to find the 'perfect' home only took 30 minutes lol There are 'real' buyers, who do 'buy' a house - it's just that say out of the 3 houses, 1 is the one they bought and the other 2 can be anything so long as it's comparable.

Painter, you're right in that we see people coming from say the states where there are so many SS/REO's/motivated sellers that people go to a foreign country and low ball a seller (and $100k+ below list price is definitely low ball - anywhere) and at least here, we are not like the US market. One can get a lot of bang for their buck here, especially with much lower cost of living. One thing we try to 'explain' to our sellers here are market conditions in other countries, especially ones with a high inventory of SS/REOs yet higher cost of living. I flat out ask them: How much profit do you really have to make? The market has changed, globally, so we need to adapt with it.

Most sellers, at least in my area, are willing to evaluate any serious offer but if it's already priced reasonably, then like anywhere else if someone comes in $100k+ below list, well, that will be a big 'no' from the seller - if I was a seller and someone offered me $100k+ lower than a reasonable list price I'd say thanks but no thanks too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate