Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: At what temperature do you keep your thermostat in the summer months?
70 7 20.00%
80 3 8.57%
76 8 22.86%
82 4 11.43%
78 7 20.00%
74 6 17.14%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2009, 06:33 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,345,090 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by c21boquetebocasgold View Post
I hate to shop - hate it, hate it. My dream shopping is when I go into the 1st store, see what I want, buy it then out. My girlfriends used to just hate me 'cause they'd want to go 'window shopping' and I'd say Pfff - If I want to go window shopping, then I'll go look at some real windows LOL

Wow. You are a man's dream LOL>>>>> You go girl!!!!!!!!!

Good Morning to all. Off to the beach for a bit with the twinnies....to make sandcastles!! before the sun gets too hot!!

Old 07-19-2009, 06:38 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,841,918 times
Hey NJSocks-you hot mama you!!!! Fun at the beach.

I hate,hate shopping. I go when I know what I want, get it and leave. I was dragged thru stores as a kid by a "window shopping mother" and I hated it-so it's carried over. Funny thing is my daughter loves to browse and shop.

GF-feel better physically and the emotionally will fall into place in time. Time heals all wounds and also wounds all heels.

Old 07-19-2009, 07:12 AM

50,330 posts, read 63,895,871 times
As I've said before..On the market a looong time, never had an Open House, because around here they aren't popular, haven't had a looker since last summer, not one ad in the paper since we re-upped with our agent who is a friend (sticky). We've become very lax in our readyness to show the house..after two years on the market, things that were tweeked two years ago are no longer perfect. In fact, we're in the middle of a bathroom remodel.

Ok, so we're about to leave town for 10 days, so I emailed our agent to tell him we'd be gone, and he says, "How about if I have an Open House while you are away?" Arghhh! I said heck no, because there is just no way we could be ready, buy why didn't he ever suggest this before? go figure.

Old 07-19-2009, 07:26 AM

50,330 posts, read 63,895,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by c21boquetebocasgold View Post
gentlearts, so when you refied the appraisal came in $25,000 lower than list. What's your bottom line? Because if nothing is selling in your area unless its in the low $100s (though don't know your list price) could be your list price. But just not enough details here to give you some advice. 2 years is a long time, but then again you could be in an area that is just really, really down.
Of course, it could be that we're overpriced, or it could be that there just aren't any buyers right now. That's why I think I need some fresh opinions by some different real estate companies.
We first listed at $425,000., then lowered to $397,500.
I guess it's a question of how badly we really want to move. I could sell tomorrrow for $1., but not sure what my bottom line is. We want to downsize, but we don't have to sell.

Old 07-19-2009, 07:28 AM

We have up GentleA-took it off July 1st and our realtor wasn't advertising us as we were on (with this one) for over a year. It's liberating and frustrating at the same time.

Old 07-19-2009, 07:57 AM

2,505 posts, read 6,147,270 times
Morning campers,

Gentlearts, do you have any local newspapers that show sold listings or can you ask your realtor to send you recently sold listings in your price range? It may give you a better idea of what the market is actually doing. Just a suggestion.

Old 07-19-2009, 08:17 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,442,837 times
How are all you late night chatty campers? I am slow going this morning still trying to get in gear here, geeze. As you all have probably figured out I am not one to sit and "let the grass grow under my feet", I bounce all over the dang place. But I have to admit I am sore today and have found some very old muscles that have laid dorment to long, and have managed to put blisters on top of calouses (sp) on my poor hands. On the good side I will say I have the BEST manicured yard in this dang area! The whole front and sides are done and even got it mowed before dark, now the back gets raked up and mowed and I am done till it rains anyway. Boy it looks wonderful!

Old 07-19-2009, 09:40 AM

11,874 posts, read 11,042,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Of course, it could be that we're overpriced, or it could be that there just aren't any buyers right now. That's why I think I need some fresh opinions by some different real estate companies.
We first listed at $425,000., then lowered to $397,500.
I guess it's a question of how badly we really want to move. I could sell tomorrrow for $1., but not sure what my bottom line is. We want to downsize, but we don't have to sell.
Well, first is your other post where after a million years your agent says 'wow, why don't I have an open house when you're not there' Uh, like now is when they should be doing it? Anyway, the key thing in this post is the big "M" word: Motivation. You are not a motivated seller and the market is crap in most places now. You simply want to downsize and can't blame you - when I was younger had big ole places and now just a small house that's perfect for me and Albert my DC (hey campers a new abbreviation! LOL)

On thing you can do if you want to see what's selling in your area, amounts and when the houses sold is to go to your county assessors website and pull up your house. At least in CO, if I say plugged in my house address there was a tab where it would show me other properties in my area along with recent sales data. So that would give you a way to see what things comparable are selling for. But from your other post if I'm not having a total blonde moment, I thought you said the only buyers in your area are wanting in the $100's which is way below your list price and granted these other houses very well are much smaller, less land etc. etc. etc. But at least if you check the assessor website and they do have that little tabbie you can see what other houses in your area have sold for, when they sold etc.

Then since you're not motivated and only buyers 'now' are looking at homes much lower in price is to wait for the market to come up so there are buyers looking for homes in your price range - and have a looooooong chat with your agent about some creative marketing. I've never seen your house, have no clue about your area, but if your house 'stands out from the rest' and has featues no others have, then maybe some specific targeted marketing would pull in that one buyer you need (and after you evaluate what's sold that's somewhat comparable, then maybe reduce it some B4 starting a marketing campaign). Just a couple of suggestions

Old 07-19-2009, 10:17 AM

11,874 posts, read 11,042,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
Wow. You are a man's dream LOL>>>>> You go girl!!!!!!!!! Guess I've got that going for me LOL

Good Morning to all. Off to the beach for a bit with the twinnies....to make sandcastles!! before the sun gets too hot!!
I wanna go to the beach! Just SUCKS that I have an office in the Caribbean and can't get away from Boquete office to go over there Have fun and get some rays for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post

I hate,hate shopping. I go when I know what I want, get it and leave. I was dragged thru stores as a kid by a "window shopping mother" and I hated it-so it's carried over. Funny thing is my daughter loves to browse and shop.
Thank God! Thought I was the only woman who hated shopping 'cause it was almost like 'shopping genes' were programmed into women 'cause all my friends love to shop! 'course I grew up in the country, only neighbors were 4 boys so total tom boy - maybe that explains it. But glad to know another chica out there hates to shop.
Two thumbs up for all of us women who hate to shop

Old 07-19-2009, 10:20 AM

LOL I had a great-aunt who everyday would get on the subway to Manhattan, shop, buy something-next day back on the train and would return it. Never could figure why til she told me "once your Uncle retired-it's my way out of the house."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.