Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: At what temperature do you keep your thermostat in the summer months?
70 7 20.00%
80 3 8.57%
76 8 22.86%
82 4 11.43%
78 7 20.00%
74 6 17.14%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2009, 01:10 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,372,237 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
Tex, as soon as she said this I just about died! I just shook my head and got out of there with them fast. They didn't say a word actually so I am sure they felt the tension sadly...How ridiculous she is. Doesn't it suck? I am mortified as I have had fond memories of my grandparents every time we went to visit--they lived 300 miles away back in PA (where originally my parents were both from)...and had awesome memories with them. I couldnt have asked for better grandparents.. and to deal with this now? Them not having my mom and dad here on Earth and now to deal with this? I just cannot get over how rudely she behaved..And seriously some of it she was dumb like a fox...She knows what she is doing alot of the time...I brought it up about the kids with not being there...she said, I had no money, then the next second it was oh, I dont remember and rolled her eyes nastily... I had to walk away after that..
That's terrible that your kids will have that as their memories. With your husband being quiet...he isn't mad at you, is he?

Old 08-01-2009, 01:17 PM

5,273 posts, read 7,347,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
That's terrible that your kids will have that as their memories. With your husband being quiet...he isn't mad at you, is he?
Hmm, that is what I am wondering. Let me get my shield and armour out! We will see. I have no energy from all of this!! It is so mentally draining.

You know what is interesting...my daughter never asked where Grandma was this am! nor my son!almost as if they knew something......................I just had said, Grandma had to leave.....and they said, oh. and looked off into space! lol..

I think our board has become Dr. Phil's board lol instead of anything real estate oriented lately LOL..
Thanks again to all. Group hug to all!! You rock.

Old 08-01-2009, 01:21 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,851,350 times
Attitudenly that's my mother-she does bathe tho but uses that Este Lauder perfume that just makes me so sick to my stomach.

Tex did you do a google on bee stings?? Walk gingerly girl. Ice, motrin, loratadine (Claritin) as it's non drowsy, antibiotic ointment.

Old 08-01-2009, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Attitudenly that's my mother-she does bathe tho but uses that Este Lauder perfume that just makes me so sick to my stomach.

Tex did you do a google on bee stings?? Walk gingerly girl.
I didn't google it because this is the THIRD time I have been attacked in my own yard by ground bees. The previous times ...2 years ago...my neighbor came over at dusk, poured gasoline down the hole and threw a lighted match in it..WA LA ...no more problems! I will have to get his assistance on this one too.

They hurt like H!! Especially the 3 up by my bikini line. I have 6 stings...just counted again.

Old 08-01-2009, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Hmm, that is what I am wondering. Let me get my shield and armour out! We will see. I have no energy from all of this!! It is so mentally draining.

You know what is interesting...my daughter never asked where Grandma was this am! nor my son!almost as if they knew something......................I just had said, Grandma had to leave.....and they said, oh. and looked off into space! lol..

I think our board has become Dr. Phil's board lol instead of anything real estate oriented lately LOL..
Thanks again to all. Group hug to all!! You rock.
Speak to Scott immediately...DO NOT let this fester like a pimple. Clear the air honey!

Old 08-01-2009, 01:50 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,851,350 times
Definitely your DH stepped up to the plate for you and it must've been very hard for him. Sit and have a long talk with hugs.

Old 08-01-2009, 02:25 PM

11,874 posts, read 11,046,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
This works great!

Well, I came inside from mowing. I just got attacked by bees in my front yard. I have 5 stings on my legs...3 down by my ankles and 3 up by my "you know what"...I had loose shorts on and they flew up under and got me right by the bikiini line. Did I say how much I HATE THIS PLACE.
Dear God honey! Try a hydrocortizone (sp) cream on the welts - not the tablets until you go to bed. Course' just realized I'm talking to a nurse here LOL - but seriously, when no seeums or whatnot have the nerve to bite me that's what I put on them and they go away. Just a thought. Loved how your neighbor poured gas and lit a match in their hole last time - clorox bleach works well too. Used to do that on huge ant mounds at my old place- pretty soon they all figured out my house was a death zone and went somewhere else.

Quote:
Tex- I dont get it either..he can look online to see how many seats are available and who is on standby list already...who knows. Then it turned into a bus ride..Maybe she requested it. I didnt get much out of him..He was pretty quiet...

Hon, he's probably totally embarrassed by how she acted to you and in front of the kids - God you or I would feel bad for our DH (well if I actually had one LOL) if it was our mother. Do think reassuring him that you know how hard it was 'on him' would go a long way so he doesn't feel like it's his fault or anything. Some mothers can just suck. And you're right - being the frickin martyr she is, probably made some rude comment to him how she would prefer to take the bus and make him feel all guilty or something. Bitc#. Cook him a special dinner and let him know how much you appreciate him,. Willing to bet he is just real embarrassed (and probably pissed at her as well).

It did feel good yesterday to tell her that when she questioned going back on Mon. I told her no, your son put you going home on tomorrows' flight! *Sat.* ..I guess I blew the hair off her greasy headLOL... I said, ask your son.. (put it on him so everything isnt directed at me. I told him if he wanted to wait until Mon. *no Borgata tonite LOL*....but he seemed pretty adamant..although I am sure she made me look like shat on the ride back) and I really don't even care enough to care anymore about her.
It's a standby seat..so whatever my hub's seniority rank is it goes by that al the way down---so she could be last on list. He still was driving in traffic...so 9 hours later. What a waste.

Of course she put it on you - like I said I'll bet he's embarassed and really pissed at her; probably a little hurt by her behavior too (going back to the twins). Men just don't know how to express their feelings quite like us women. So give him a 'special treat' tonight

Just got a call from another realtor at my realtor's co. Another showing tomorrow 1-3p. Supp. looking at all the 4 bd.2.5 bths in area............frm Manahawkin all the way to my area.. Say a prayer or two.

LOL Joy. Ah, well worth the scrubbing lol.
Fingers crossed and prayers about showing tomorrow! Get that darn industrial strength cleaner/sprayer so house doesn't smell like a mortuary! Then some scented candles lit everywhere or those little stick on air fresheners (the ones that smell good - not funky/fake) hidden so potential buyers don't see them but don't 'smell' MIL - they might think you have dead mice or something in the walls

Quote:

Yeah, probably glad that she and her stinky self is gone, but it's sad she's dug her own grave (we wish) with them because they will remember. Stef made a comment to me a few months ago about how disconnected he feels from my side of the family other than my niece Jules (his cousin) who's like a daughter to me. I just told him, well at least you have your dad's family and even I'm closer to them than my own. What can we do? Kids can't choose their parents and at least your kids have awesome parents

So I should be working, only have 3 web pages to build (Ugh) but just wasn't feeling in the creative mood today - so guess I'll get at least 2 done tomorrow 'cause all I want to do today is relax, drink cerveza, watch movies and chill - so darn it, that's what I'm doing! Did though answer a few emails - one was so physcially draining that's when I said F it.

Old 08-01-2009, 02:34 PM

11,874 posts, read 11,046,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Definitely your DH stepped up to the plate for you and it must've been very hard for him. Sit and have a long talk with hugs.
Lace, just love your status LOL just noticed it now says the land of Ventura and Franken - only in MN, eh?

Old 08-01-2009, 02:45 PM

5,273 posts, read 7,347,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by c21boquetebocasgold View Post
Dear God honey! Try a hydrocortizone (sp) cream on the welts - not the tablets until you go to bed. Course' just realized I'm talking to a nurse here LOL - but seriously, when no seeums or whatnot have the nerve to bite me that's what I put on them and they go away. Just a thought. Loved how your neighbor poured gas and lit a match in their hole last time - clorox bleach works well too. Used to do that on huge ant mounds at my old place- pretty soon they all figured out my house was a death zone and went somewhere else.

Fingers crossed and prayers about showing tomorrow! Get that darn industrial strength cleaner/sprayer so house doesn't smell like a mortuary! Then some scented candles lit everywhere or those little stick on air fresheners (the ones that smell good - not funky/fake) hidden so potential buyers don't see them but don't 'smell' MIL - they might think you have dead mice or something in the walls

Yeah, probably glad that she and her stinky self is gone, but it's sad she's dug her own grave (we wish) with them because they will remember. Stef made a comment to me a few months ago about how disconnected he feels from my side of the family other than my niece Jules (his cousin) who's like a daughter to me. I just told him, well at least you have your dad's family and even I'm closer to them than my own. What can we do? Kids can't choose their parents and at least your kids have awesome parents

So I should be working, only have 3 web pages to build (Ugh) but just wasn't feeling in the creative mood today - so guess I'll get at least 2 done tomorrow 'cause all I want to do today is relax, drink cerveza, watch movies and chill - so darn it, that's what I'm doing! Did though answer a few emails - one was so physcially draining that's when I said F it.
aH, I need a drink and I barely ever drink......Husband said MIL from hell came out and told him SHE WILL TAKE CARE OF THE KIDS if something happened to us!.
More to the story... Day before I saw Mrs. Jackson on TV and mentioned that she's a bit elderly to take care of the kids,etc...and one being only 6 *Blanket*....Stinky MIL piped up and said yes, I dont know anything and rolls her eyes..and said that she could do it, blah blah...I said, sorry I would want someone more to our ages to take care of them..I said, what happens when they fall or are sick? take care of themselves? she said, yes, 6 years old is old enough to fend for yourself!!! So she obviously knew it would get back to me and makes that BRASH STATEMENT! lol ROFL.................. I said to my husband, what did you say back to her? He said that she is almost 80 and has a bad knee...etc. I said, what about that she is vehement toward me and won't bathe/shower and is leaving in a car to go back to the airport early.....? Wow, de ja vu I told him!! He said, oh she got the hint--I said, she did it out of spite!! Ay ay ay. Dumb like a fox, I tell you!! girls. What a stinky woman. She needs a bomb up her hootch and arse to clean out the webs and the poop stains..........

I told him if she was only 55 and "able" I wouldn't let her take our kids!! He said, I agree totally..I said did it occur to you that I just wouldn't due to more pertinent reasons? He had a perplexed look. Now I really need a drink.... He said it would never happen.

Tex- baking soda on the bee stings....

Old 08-01-2009, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by c21boquetebocasgold View Post
Doesn't matter if I am a nurse or not---I appreciate every bit of advice you girls offer! Off to apply hydrocortisone cream to my one sting up by my bikini bite. That is the biggest one...it is now 6" in length and 3" across--and burns like h*ll.

I went outside to finish mowing the front yard ...couldn't find the hole, so I think the bees were just there near my flowers and just attacked me because I got too close. little f***er's
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate