Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: At what temperature do you keep your thermostat in the summer months?
70 7 20.00%
80 3 8.57%
76 8 22.86%
82 4 11.43%
78 7 20.00%
74 6 17.14%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 07:59 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,273,875 times

Advertisements

NJ, how far above 300,000 are you..I know you just dropped it, but what if you went to 299,999? Might open up that whole new world of buyers..just thinking out loud here, might get that sale done since it's August and hot buying time..

Nothing wrong with your house..its all in the numbers I think. When we sold our place i utah, which took 10 months remember, we started at 525,000. We paid 485,000 2 years earlier and had done the astro turf (remember the grass sniffers lol) put in the hot tub, wrought iron work, etc....well we dropped from that steadily..dont they call it chasing the market...well, when we went from 425,000 to 399,999, it sold in a couple weeks. Talk about a loss, but we needed out and we had to do what we had to do...

Just a thought sweetie..

Old 08-06-2009, 08:08 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,347,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
NJ, how far above 300,000 are you..I know you just dropped it, but what if you went to 299,999? Might open up that whole new world of buyers..just thinking out loud here, might get that sale done since it's August and hot buying time..

Nothing wrong with your house..its all in the numbers I think. When we sold our place i utah, which took 10 months remember, we started at 525,000. We paid 485,000 2 years earlier and had done the astro turf (remember the grass sniffers lol) put in the hot tub, wrought iron work, etc....well we dropped from that steadily..dont they call it chasing the market...well, when we went from 425,000 to 399,999, it sold in a couple weeks. Talk about a loss, but we needed out and we had to do what we had to do...

Just a thought sweetie..

We went from 317900 to 304k now.. Definitely in the price range with the rest of them. Actually one is under contract for an undisclosed amt. Another one is across the street *I mean, directly LOL* and we are at the same price as them and they just listed 1 1/2 weeks ago! at 304,900. We can do 299,999 but will have very little room to move--bottom line is 295k I would say. We will have to come to the table with 15k EXTRA once commissions would be paid. Another one on our street just recently went for 295k on 6/29... That's what I am thinking too...maybe no one is looking at 300,000 at all! LOL.ugh. How depressing but thank you for your input !!

Old 08-06-2009, 09:04 AM

11,874 posts, read 11,046,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
GOLD: Yes, I did see that! That psycho is a troll. Who on Earth would act like that? How was your Stroganoff yesterday? Did you make it? I am making spaghetti for dinner tonight...

He is a nut Tex..see above LOL>>>I canot believe the mods didn't get rid of it yet!

Barb-sorry about your tooth! ugh. Always something!!! that stinks!
Where is Crazyma?

Lace-How are you? Poor Mr. L. He has been through the ringer. If he had the colostomy bag would it be eventually reversible? in his case? I know my dad had one but he had the cancer with it.

Get this!! UPDATE: The buyers who spent 45 min. in our home who went for the house off the busy road, no basement? They DID put in an offer BUT another realtor had put an offer on it and he ended up getting it for his client. Dont know what the price is but that is funny. That other realtor shot herself in the foot lol..Could have split it with our realtor...but no,....so now she comes back to my realtor *they both work in the same office* and asks how low we will go!! She said not much more room to work with...since we just came down 13k. I said tell the other realtor to have the other buyers put in a damn offer.instead of going back and forth...that is stupid...between my realtor *which doesn't surprise me* and the other one that works with her. Ugh. Then I have to hear that someone else put in a no contingency offer on another one around the corner from us *4 houses in our dev, for sale, one across the street from us..*that lists for 295,000 and 3 bdrm,mind you! not 4 like ours...they already had a contingent offer on the table *our previous lowballers at 271k for our home that they wanted it for*...so now they will be back to sq. 1.....The other one being the house with NO basement...priced at 299k...*they only paid 279k 4 years ago though )...It's gotta be that people a round me are only looking UP TO 299-300K range or not anything above 300! wtf. BIdding wars ON A HOUSE that backs up to a busy road and NO BASEMENT> tELL ME my luck sucks!!

I swear it's like Amityville Horror or something with the luck we have been having....since the 13k price reduction - 2 clients "wanted" to see it..1 cancelled due to rain *waaaaaaaah waaaaaaaah-* and another who didnt even bother to call to cancel.....Maybe I should list it at 199k..I bet I stil wouldnt have any showings lmao. THIS IS NUTS!! Thank you for listening to my rant. What is so wrong with our home for God's sakes?

C21- How are your knees today?????You poor thing!
If I read this right and who the heck knows 'cause knees do hurt like you know what, if the other couple missed out I would march down to your agent's office and tell her to get off her ass and get the other agent to put in an offer - even give her permission to go/tell the other whatever your botttom line is (or slightly above it) - but the one couple loved your house, they should have bought it and again if I'm reading correctly they got it snagged out from underneath them which, for them was a blessing. But your agent has got to smack the crap out of her coworker to get her clients to put in an offer and say something like "well, I think my clients might go for around X dollars' so why don't you write up an offer and let me see what they say?" if not get with the dang MB (BIC) whatever they call themselves in your area and tell them you're just not happy or comfortable with this situation. The buyers loved your house, were talked into one that wasn't nearly as nice but was the listing agent's listing (in the MB/BIC office), now that's fallen through and neither of the agents seems to be doing squat - will they (MB/BIC) PLEASE step in and get this done 'cause you know the one set of buyers really liked your house and tell them the WHOLE STORY! Sweet Mother of God.

Old 08-06-2009, 09:15 AM

11,874 posts, read 11,046,013 times
Quote:
No kidding Shel....I'll make sure my teeth are all a-ok!
My sister is flying here on Aug 18-29th...I had a rewards flight she could use..we are headed up to Lake Shasta for a few days with our older son, our younger son and wife, and her folks to her folks houseboat and my sis is going to sit the doglets for us..plus my folks are nearby and she is missing her kids that all live out here....can't wait to see her...
Hey sorry about the tooth but better now than later - and you're going to have so much fun with your sis and hook up with rest of family on a HOUSEBOAT! That sounds like soooooooooo much fun. You deserve it kiddo so enjoy (and stay away from that dang chocolate LOL)

And yeah, Tex, would have a blast - alas I'm here you're there so I had a couple of brewskies last night for the pain. Didn't want to take anymore extra strength tylenol - had enough weird dreams last night without feeling like I was in some other dimension or something.

Old 08-06-2009, 09:28 AM

3,320 posts, read 5,595,060 times
Quote:
GOLD: Yes, I did see that! That psycho is a troll. Who on Earth would act like that? How was your Stroganoff yesterday? Did you make it? I am making spaghetti for dinner tonight...
He is a nut Tex..see above LOL>>>I canot believe the mods didn't get rid of it yet!

Barb-sorry about your tooth! ugh. Always something!!! that stinks!
Where is Crazyma?
C21- How are your knees today?????You poor thing!
LOL it's closed for moderator review...you have some patient mods NJ. Stroganoff was a glorified hamburger helper but DH enjoyed it.
Ouch C21 that would smart...feel better. Arrgg Dog so you're tooth just came out

Quote:
We went from 317900 to 304k now.. Definitely in the price range with the rest of them. Actually one is under contract for an undisclosed amt. Another one is across the street *I mean, directly LOL* and we are at the same price as them and they just listed 1 1/2 weeks ago! at 304,900. We can do 299,999 but will have very little room to move--bottom line is 295k I would say. We will have to come to the table with 15k EXTRA once commissions would be paid. Another one on our street just recently went for 295k on 6/29... That's what I am thinking too...maybe no one is looking at 300,000 at all! LOL.ugh. How depressing but thank you for your input !!
That is a rough situation girl. I would guess the 299 would bring them in in droves? So how exactly do you bring that 15k if you need to? Don't mean to sound dense. So people are just left with zero equity, then how do they get their next house? This damn economy sux. Best of luck to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-06-2009, 11:43 AM

I've been messing around the house this morning, office still untouched..that room scares the hella outta me for some reason..will lay down for a nappy pretty soon lol.

Joy hope you are feeling better..

I have a dentist appt on Monday at 2..soo..i think we will head up there Sunday and back on Tuesday...early Tuesday.. I ate another piece of chocolate but on the other side of my mouth..gads I can't go with out chocolate..the tooth or missing one is bothering me..sensitive..ugh.

Ok where the heck is Sara, I am getting worried...real worried...after all she is the camp mistress here..

later campers!

Old 08-06-2009, 12:12 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,183,128 times
I am around....sorry I haven't delivered anything here lately...I do have an excuse-

i will be back later, waiting on a worker peep

carry on

Old 08-06-2009, 03:23 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,372,237 times
Quote:
No kidding Shel....I'll make sure my teeth are all a-ok!
My sister is flying here on Aug 18-29th...I had a rewards flight she could use..we are headed up to Lake Shasta for a few days with our older son, our younger son and wife, and her folks to her folks houseboat and my sis is going to sit the doglets for us..plus my folks are nearby and she is missing her kids that all live out here....can't wait to see her...
BARB: I saw that on FB where your sister is coming out! That's great---gives her a vacation too and time to spend with her parents and children!

Did you get a dentist appointment yet?
Quote:
What is so wrong with our home for God's sakes?
NJ, I keep asking myself that very same question.

LACE: Do you have powerpoint on your PC? My talk is in ppt presentation. I will see if I can just copy and paste or figure out something and send it all to you in an email tonight. Not a whole lot of info on Remicade but I can dig some up for you. It is more an overview of IBD--crohns and ulcerative colitis, signs/symptoms, drugs used to treat, procedures and PICTURES!!

JOY: How are you feeling since your tumble? You are lucky you didn't break your knee caps.

PAINTER: Any offers from those 3 lookers?

C'MA: Where are you? I hope everything is ok with your daughter.

ROTH: How are you doing since your fender bender?

STOY: Where are those vacation pics?

WOO HOO! Today is day 1 of 6 GLORIOUS days off from work!!! If I had the cashola, I would fly to see Joy and drink a few cervesa's with her! (Joy, did I spell that right?)

Old 08-06-2009, 03:30 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,372,237 times
That's what I get for posting before reading all the posts!! Barb, glad to see you nailed a dental appt. C'ma, glad to see that you have returned from your abduction!!!

Old 08-06-2009, 05:51 PM

Well guess what we are having for dinner..leftover SHRIMP SALAD...even I am going to get tired of of pretty soon..

Tex, yes she is excited and I really needed her to come watch the doglets..our older son is going up to the houseboat and he was my first choice, but then she is just sitting at her farm, and this would give her a chance to see the folks and her kids..she just found out she is going to be a GRANDMA for the first time next Spring..so she is very excited to be headed out west...we will get to spend a few days together..

Good to see you Cma...abducted, eh..that was really funny..miss you!

Hope everyone else is healing up...Shel..enjoy your time off, shoot you have enough time to hop a plane and head out here, except I HAVE to get my teeph fixed, ugh.

well later campers!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate