Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: At what temperature do you keep your thermostat in the summer months?
70 7 20.00%
80 3 8.57%
76 8 22.86%
82 4 11.43%
78 7 20.00%
74 6 17.14%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2009, 02:22 PM

1,869 posts, read 4,022,807 times

Advertisements

Good luck tomorrow Tex, can you post from your neighbor's porch??? and keep us updated as hordes of people go thru!

Old 08-08-2009, 02:36 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,370,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jodyrose View Post
TX good luck on Open House tomorrow!
Thanks Jody!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Tex it'll paralyze the suckers.
Oooohhhh....vecuronium in a spray form!!! LMAO! I heard that when they are in distress...they send a signal to other bees to help them. That is why you end up with multiple stings. Would other bees come after me if I sprayed one???
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoymonkey View Post
Yeah Lacey maybe. reminds me of when my sis walked thru Walgreens with a bra stuck to her purse strap!! her "last resort, worn out bra"!!! haha love that story!

actually i dont know how that reminds me, 2 totally different stories, but enjoyed it as i laughed to myself....
You made me laugh out loud!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
Tex-Prayers coming at ya for a good open house showing!!I LOVE your little Bella!! Aw...she is precious!She looks like Toto from the Wizard of Oz. Sweet!
A lot of people think she looks like Toto! The WOO dog was a Cairn terrior. Bella is a Yorkshire terrior!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoymonkey View Post
Good luck tomorrow Tex, can you post from your neighbor's porch??? and keep us updated as hordes of people go thru!
WOW--that would be a great idea, but I don't have a laptop!

OK--cover me--I am going outside near the bees!!!

Old 08-08-2009, 02:42 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,848,116 times
Stoy-I have a friend back in NJ who went shopping with her daughters and DH and said people were so friendly-smiling, waving,etc. Turns out she had a pair of pantyhose hanging out the leg of her jeans trailing behind her. Well next day I got to work extra early and decorated her office and desk with many many pairs of pantyhose stretched and hung all over.

Old 08-08-2009, 02:48 PM

11,874 posts, read 11,045,353 times
Default White cat hair, brown/tan carpet

So, thought I'd be lazy but got in a cleaning mode looked down and my brown/tan carpet was more white than it's true color - dear God I'm spending hours trying to get up all this dang cat hair. Maybe next time I color my hair blonde, I should color Albert's to where it's tan so I don't see it.

That's it - no real purpose of this post except blah, blah - babble, babble

Old 08-08-2009, 03:20 PM

5,273 posts, read 7,346,590 times
Quote:
Hmmmmm I am sorry DM, but if shes more fun than you she will have to prove it to me (snicker snicker)! Welcome Cindy and heres a shot of my two fur babies

NJ, I may be wrong...but discussing what you will take for your house between your agent and another is a biggggg NONO...or at least thats the impression I got from my ethics/anti-trust portion of licensing class. She can say to the other agent..get your folks back through it for another look, if they like the neighborhood, yadayada, but discussing price..NADA
Am I wrong in that Joy?? On the other hand, I hear your pain, it doesnt seem right or fair that you havent sold when those around you have. Has your agent set down with a side by side comparison of the recent solds versus yours?

I had a great time today meeting up with some friends and we dyed, painted, stamped fabric to use in our quilts. I love it...like when you were a kid and you got a new box of crayons...I cant wait to see what the pieces look like when I wash them out tomorrow.

Well, got stuff to put away, so I better go for now, take care everyone, enjoy the rest of your weekend.
Ah, Jody my friend. They both work in the same real estate office and seems like no one zips their lips. I told her to have the other agent have the buyers "put something" in writing...and asked her twice and said they won't go anywhere higher than 280k yada yada..We need at least 295k..... One of them is under contract without a basement for 275k but the current owners paid exactly 275k for it 4 years ago. Another one a couple doors down from us sold recently at 295k....so at 304,900 we are in the ballpark for the area..now I heard today that there is a verbal offer on the one across the street from me but don't know for how much. There's is on only 3 weeks! and same price! They have 100 sq. feet more than us -no fence in their backyard. We have a huge white fence in our backyard-think previous owners paid about 5k for it...I keep saying what is wrong with our house? Is it hexed? LOL I am sure if that gets sold ,another one will go up and we'll still be sitting here. Seriously, is the house cluttered? too sterile? wth!
http://www.realtor.com/realestateand...087_1109379561

Old 08-08-2009, 05:01 PM

11,874 posts, read 11,045,353 times
Quote:
NJ, I may be wrong...but discussing what you will take for your house between your agent and another is a biggggg NONO...or at least thats the impression I got from my ethics/anti-trust portion of licensing class. She can say to the other agent..get your folks back through it for another look, if they like the neighborhood, yadayada, but discussing price..NADA
Am I wrong in that Joy?? On the other hand, I hear your pain, it doesnt seem right or fair that you havent sold when those around you have. Has your agent set down with a side by side comparison of the recent solds versus yours?

I had a great time today meeting up with some friends and we dyed, painted, stamped fabric to use in our quilts. I love it...like when you were a kid and you got a new box of crayons...I cant wait to see what the pieces look like when I wash them out tomorrow.

Well, got stuff to put away, so I better go for now, take care everyone, enjoy the rest of your weekend.
Well enjoy your weekend - at least you're not trying to get white cat hair off a brown/tan rug - still working on it and dang, we're talking about an area rug not 1000 sq.ft of carpeting, albiet it is a decent size rug but

Now on whether or not it's ethical for 2 agents in the same brokerage - 1 representing seller, 1 representing buyer - to discuss motivation, bottom lines etc, you are correct that would violate ethics - the exception would be say if the seller wanted certain information conveyed to the other agent. As example, we have clients who have health issues - according to an exclusive right to sell, we are not allowed to discuss 'motivating factors'; however, some want us to let people know why they are wanting to sell.

In CO and at least at the brokerage where I practiced, there were times when one agent was the listing agent and another represented the buyer - but we NEVER talked about our respective clients. EVER! It was the same as if we worked at different brokerages.

The only way this would be ethical would be say if NJ instructed her agent to tell the other agent something like 'our clients would consider an offer in X price range, so why don't you put in an offer and let's see what we can do to make this work'. But just yacking about it without express permission is a violation of ethics.

Now, back to this rug - I obsessed at this point to get every darn white hair off this rug.

Old 08-08-2009, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Stoy-I have a friend back in NJ who went shopping with her daughters and DH and said people were so friendly-smiling, waving,etc. Turns out she had a pair of pantyhose hanging out the leg of her jeans trailing behind her. Well next day I got to work extra early and decorated her office and desk with many many pairs of pantyhose stretched and hung all over.
I love the practical joker in you!

NJ: There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with your house. It is beautiful. Who knows why some houses sell and others just sit on the market. I stopped trying to figure it out. I do know one thing...I will be more than happy to rent the rest of my life.

Well Girls, I survived the weed fest outside. No bees out because it was humid and starting to sprinkle.

Old 08-08-2009, 05:37 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,272,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niki View Post
Walk like an Egyptian?
Now I have that tune in my head, haha!
http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq102/lifewanderer/dancingkitty.gif (broken link)

YouTube - The Bangles Walk Like An Egyptian

Old 08-08-2009, 05:57 PM

Don't you just love you tube? I love it. How do you get the video to post...When I copy/paste the link ...just the link shows up!

Old 08-08-2009, 06:09 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,443,845 times
Hey all, See we have some RE activity---LOTS OF LUCK!

NJ, Just looked at your listing and since I have no clue what the competition looks like I will stick my foot out here. First you do have a great home, exterior is wonderful but and please dont get mad at me .....Your living room needs the furniture rearranged, it looks like a very narrow, long room in the photo, not showing like a "cozy" family area and the dining room is to plain, maybe a large mirror or painting and possibly set the table. The pixs just dont say come look at me! I can tell it is a beautiful house but most people are attracted to the way things look, so it just needs to make more of an impression. Maybe staging abit even if it doesnt fit the life style or how your family uses the rooms. Then again what the heck do I know, mine aint moving either.

Had a showing today at noon, nothing back as of yet, maybe Monday or never, lol !!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate