Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: At what temperature do you keep your thermostat in the summer months?
70 7 20.00%
80 3 8.57%
76 8 22.86%
82 4 11.43%
78 7 20.00%
74 6 17.14%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2009, 04:19 PM

5,273 posts, read 7,345,400 times

Advertisements

the ones that went for the no basement feature that got scammed out of that one are back. Tomorrow morning. I do not know what to think . They supposedly love our "Model"... same as other one...so the other agent calls me directly calls me and tells me she will show it tomorrow. She then calls me back and asks me if I can leave a frickin tax bill on table for her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. I said what? She said oh there are dramatically lower tax assessments in my area...I said not in this development. I said maybe the ones that originally paid 260-270k for them.... I said our area everyone is comparable to everyone else around this area....so she was pretty insistent on it.... I never said I would specifically leave it. I called my realtor yet again and told her about it. My husband said she could call the "town" for that info. He was fit to be tied. I said I am not leaving my personal tax bill on table . 2008 taxes are listed on the MLS stating what we just paid on them. Mine said no , do not leave it that she would call the town tomorrow. OH, BUT WAIT. They are going to the one across the street *that is definitely under contract from what I hear-and that they told the other buyers to take the offer since we are there competition and they dont want them to run to our house!!! I told this agent who has been working with the buyers who want to see ours again that if she knew the other one was under contract...she said she knew and that it wasn't out of atty. review yet so she is taking them......

Gold and Stoy--thanks for the input! We actually did have the wide angle panoramic lens that she used on the pics.... I will retake the front one. Definitely hides our arched window since the tree is blocking it.tHANK YOU guys for your compliments!
Quote:
ooh, NJ good point. i agree those pics dont do your house justice. maybe get a good photog. to do wide angle like our house was done. I do think this area is more economically depressed to tell you the truth....it's not as popular as up North Jersey but you are paying a ton more!for (less).
Tex, yes, turquoise with the brown! love the idea.
Thank you Jody for your help also girl!! You all rock.

It really helps coming here lol...and not for just real estate...for every other subject in the book of life LOL! i.e. from tampons to Mil's LOL...

LACEY- HOW ABOUT A NICE COSMOPOLITAN?? Refreshing, isn't it? C21 Tex et al..You ready to have a glass???

OFF to eat corn on the cob. At least house is clean after two people stiffed us this week! Yay!!

Last edited by njsocks; 08-09-2009 at 04:28 PM..

Old 08-09-2009, 04:23 PM

1,869 posts, read 4,022,098 times
Nj do you have a tampon question???

Old 08-09-2009, 04:40 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,367,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by c21boquetebocasgold View Post
Tex loved the pics of your trip and little Bella looked so cute What a beautiful river and area! I love camping and the combo of camping and boat - wow, what a dream! So good luck with your open house. It's today isn't it? I am so brain dead lately can't remember nothin'.
My realtor sent another realtor in her place to do my open house. This girl was nice and I know her from the hospital. So I hung around talking with her for the first hour or so. Then I left...came back 10 minutes prior to the ending of the OH and she was gone. I don't think ONE person showed up today! I texted my realtor to see if anyone showed up--NO answer back. That is IT for open houses---NO MORE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodyrose View Post
Tex....how about that DEEP Aqua/Turquoise color that is such a popular color combo right now??? I wouldnt do it in the throw rug, but in your towels...like you say you want a pop of color.

I agree with trying to coordinate the faucets/towel bar/accessories..at least to no more than 2 different types.

Jody
Oooohhh good idea Jody! I like the turquoise idea!! Glad I didn't buy my towels today. But, I did buy the burnt bronze handles for my cabinets, drawers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorriem View Post
for your responce about my CoCo. You understand what we go thru. She was only 11 mos and unlike my other Pom or any of my other dogs I choose the time to have them put to sleep. I didn't have that choice with CoCo. Two 100 lbs dogs got in our dogs run and crushed her diaphram during the night. Amy our Pap had blood around her neck but no puncture marks. She must have been nudging CoCo. Our other two are fine.
It took me 7 years to get another pom after my Lucy was put to sleep and as an afterthought asked the breeder since we were looking for Yorkies asked if she breed poms yes she did. I saw CoCo and I feel in love with her. She didn't look like Lucy who was red and CoCo black and tan but the look in her eyes told me I had to have her.
Thanks you so very much again. Jody Rose when my lucy was put down someone sent me the (Rainbow Bridge) and I now send it to all who lose their dogs.
Love, Lorrie

I would have answered sooner but this is the first day I could without crying.
Lorrie---BIG HUGS to you. We have all been thinking about you, Gary and CoCo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold*dust1 View Post
Tex good bath make-over. I agree the tourqoise and brown are really popular color combo right now. Love your camp photos. I have a Yorkie who is named CoCo ironically, and so of course understand your thinking Bella is a doll, which of course she is. Good luck with that showing.
Thanks Gold--I don't think anyone showed up today. Yea--I love Bella. I was all set to get a sheltie--but now I am leaning towards a yorkie because of Bella. She's so cute I can't stand it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoymonkey View Post
Tex, yes, turquoise with the brown! love the idea.
Another vote for tuquoise!!!! Go Jody!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by c21boquetebocasgold View Post
so speaking of buyers, check the thread out about asking a seller to replace carpeting BEFORE they put in a contract.
I did earlier--can you believe that one!?!?!?
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Well this morning we decided to go out-but like a good little haus frau I threw a load of laundry in, noticed that washer wasn't cycling-I had just showered, run the dishwasher so we checked it and Mr. L thought it was the washer til he went to get a glass of water-and NONE.

We checked breakers,pump,etc-called our well guy-and our pump died-right after warranty (convenient?). House is not even 4 yet.

So 2 well guys on a Sunday,pull pump from well, had to run chlorine thru the system (law here) and no water til 5PM as it has to run thru. Bill $1,345.00 but they did give us baseball caps and 2 beer holders!

Pass the Smirnoff please.
Girl...drink up! That just sucks.

Old 08-09-2009, 04:43 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,367,988 times
NJ: Enjoy your clean home and play with the twins--to H with these buyers! Oh yea...I would NEVER leave a tax bill on the table!! She can get that info from the local tax collector! Is she crazy?

BARB: Hope you are feeling better tonight.

Last edited by TexasGirl@Heart; 08-09-2009 at 04:56 PM..

Old 08-09-2009, 04:45 PM

11,874 posts, read 11,043,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
the ones that went for the no basement feature that got scammed out of that one are back. Tomorrow morning. I do not know what to think . They supposedly love our "Model"... same as other one...so the other agent calls me directly calls me and tells me she will show it tomorrow. She then calls me back and asks me if I can leave a frickin tax bill on table for her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. I said what? She said oh there are dramatically lower tax assessments in my area...I said not in this development. I said maybe the ones that originally paid 260-270k for them.... I said our area everyone is comparable to everyone else around this area....so she was pretty insistent on it.... I never said I would specifically leave it. I called my realtor yet again and told her about it. My husband said she could call the "town" for that info. He was fit to be tied. I said I am not leaving my personal tax bill on table . 2008 taxes are listed on the MLS stating what we just paid on them. Mine said no , do not leave it that she would call the town tomorrow. OH, BUT WAIT. They are going to the one across the street *that is definitely under contract from what I hear-and that they told the other buyers to take the offer since we are there competition and they dont want them to run to our house!!! I told this agent who has been working with the buyers who want to see ours again that if she knew the other one was under contract...she said she knew and that it wasn't out of atty. review yet so she is taking them......

Gold and Stoy--thanks for the input! We actually did have the wide angle panoramic lens that she used on the pics.... I will retake the front one. Definitely hides our arched window since the tree is blocking it.tHANK YOU guys for your compliments!

Thank you Jody for your help also girl!! You all rock.

It really helps coming here lol...and not for just real estate...for every other subject in the book of life LOL! i.e. from tampons to Mil's LOL...

LACEY- HOW ABOUT A NICE COSMOPOLITAN?? Refreshing, isn't it? C21 Tex et al..You ready to have a glass???

OFF to eat corn on the cob. At least house is clean after two people stiffed us this week! Yay!!
Same couple who were talked out of your house and pushed into the one behind busy street right? My opinion just provide tax info - you can tap into tax assessor records on line and pull up tax records for everything in your area showing price, what paid, etc. I would think if it can be done in Colorado, can be done in your state. I personally wouldn't let something like this hold up a potential sale but that's JMO - they love your house and you're dealing with insane frickin' agents here. Just go to the tax accessor website and pull up the records so they see low tax base on your house compared to others in the neighborhood. Could be what gets them off the fence and under contract.

I'm drinking beer right now and fingers crossed about tomorrow!

Last edited by JustJoy; 08-09-2009 at 04:46 PM.. Reason: PS if it's on the MLS showing paid, then print that off too; don't wait/depend on these agents!

Old 08-09-2009, 04:49 PM

2,505 posts, read 6,147,511 times
Hi everyone,

Just got back from a week out on our Missouri farm. We painted the exterior of our our little garage/apt. I'll be reading awhile try to catch up with all the news. We had five showing this week while the kids had to clean up/take the dogs out...lol. That's the most ever. We had four showings yesterday! Most had nice things to say, and we are in the top two of one couple's list, the favorite of another (but they are worried about a 15 minute commute to work...wtf) one loved the house, but didn't like the lot, another loved the house, but need a garage, and one hasn't gotten back to our agent yet. So, that's it on the house selling front. Hope there are offers pouring in. Maybe the economy is getting a little better.

On the "weird things that happen" front. On our trip to Missouri, we pulled off at a gas station in Indiana, somewhere along U.S. 70, outside of Indianapolis, and got out to stretch our legs, get gas, etc. A tractor trailer pulls up next to us and a guy gets out and sees our NY license plate and says he's from Middletown (about 20 min. from New Windsor). He then looks at my husband and says "I know that guy". Well, it turns out he knows Bob from when he worked for him 10 years ago, when he was 16 years old. Strange coincidence, isn't it. Geeze, don't know what to make of it.

Old 08-09-2009, 04:50 PM

11,874 posts, read 11,043,447 times
Quote:
LMAO - I just spewed beer everywhere laughing

Old 08-09-2009, 04:50 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,843,220 times
NJ-you are me and go off quick then think-just copy your tax bill-black out info-name.ss#'s-and leave it-I did that with util bills. You are so me in younger years-now I don't give a crap.

We finally have water-altho a nite at Hampton,Holiday,Country Inn would not have been bad and all have restaurants and bars close.

What a day.

Old 08-09-2009, 04:52 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,843,220 times
Tam-wow! Me I never remember faces but Don does.

Old 08-09-2009, 05:22 PM

2,505 posts, read 6,147,511 times
Quote:

NJ and others with tampon questions...as a concerned fellow camper, please be careful about taking advice about a tampon from someone who puts their underwear on sideways.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate