Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: At what temperature do you keep your thermostat in the summer months?
70 7 20.00%
80 3 8.57%
76 8 22.86%
82 4 11.43%
78 7 20.00%
74 6 17.14%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 07:36 AM

534 posts, read 1,594,815 times

Advertisements

Thanks Lacey. Thankfully we are clean and organized people. Hubby is getting boxes today so we can pack up the stuff that we want to take down off the walls. Though that isn't a huge deal here either. Just hope it sells as well as the others did. We have more to offer with house then the others too. We have a fenced in big backyard, 2 1/2 car garage. 3 seasons room. If I could move my house and live in it in Wisconsin, I would. It's adorable.

Old 08-14-2009, 07:38 AM

11,874 posts, read 11,046,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Can I ask ya all a question. I had posted earlier today (thurs) that the mobile home had sold and just curious but I had a rep point which is wonderful but it almost sounded like maybe I just went on too long about it all..I hope that is not the case and I read it wrong.. I'm sure I did, I am tired tonight and weepy for some reason..I hope you all aren't tired of me..I dont know what I would do without you all.

nighty night..
Honey, you didn't go on too long - we're all sooooo happy for ya. Think I repped you too 'cause was glad that thing is selling and the Aholes off your back - a lot of us just dang happy you and carl will finally be done with the hassles. How could we ever get tired of you? We'd be lost without you XXOO

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
Joy, I didn't know my brother in law put the family home movies
on you tube aww shucks! I am gonna hurt him.
What can I say - he did a compilation from all of our families - hurt him for me too I'm the one who took a running start at the hammock and didn't work out too well LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Dear God Kristine we must have the same mother!!!!!!!
My wonderful daughter has rheumatoid arthritis and her hands are effected. Well one Thanksgiving we're all chatting after dinner and I mentioned her hands-my mother who was 82 at the time said-"What about me-look at me hands"-I said "WTF you're 82 and she's 30!"

I call her every Sat. and truthfully need a stiff drink when I hang up-she's now 89, perfect freakin health and visits docs constantly.

Had to edit as I monitor my BP-well after posting this I took a reading and it was 120/79 when normal for me is 104/69-see what she does to me!!!!
Maybe we're all related - triplets seperated at birth. Don't know what it is about some but . . . me, me, me, me, me. At least you still call yours - I did have several, a lot, of vodka/7s when I saw mine at nieces wedding so I could be sweet and loving when I was around her, I just don't call or anything anymore. Brought her some coffee from Panama, like other people (who were in heaven when I gave it to them), and instead of just being sweet and saying 'oh Joy, how thoughtful' or something else nice, she goes 'oh, I don't drink coffee anymore' Shoved that right up my . She could have just taken it then given it to a friend or something, but . . . Just because they're family, at least IMHO, doesn't mean we have to open ourselves up to hurt and it's like everytime I talked to her, it was hurtful; finally I said enough already. Didn't need the hurt and they just don't realize that even though we're adults now, it still hurts when they behave that way.

Lacey am so sorry about your DD - that's supposed to run in my family too I just refuse to accept it's a part of me and pray a LOT. So far so good, but am sorry that your DD going through this at such a young age

Old 08-14-2009, 07:48 AM

Welcome UW!!! Glad you're finally able to go home and Tex, close your eyes girl: GO PACKERS! LOL I have several football teams that I've been following since I was a little girl and the Packs one of them. Anyway, welcome to the camp and get ready for some craziness - 'cause we be a crazy crowd! Joy

Old 08-14-2009, 07:49 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,273,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UW Badgers View Post
Good morning campers!

I have been following the camp since reading about Dogmom's Utah selling adventures on the Utah thread which I think might have been before the camp opened. Hubby and I like St. George and I was reading about it and found Dogmom's posts.

Never did I think I would be posting in the camp because we weren't sure if we would ever get to sell our house..Well the time has finally come.

We are originally from Wisconsin. Both born and raised. Lived there our whole lives up until 5 years ago. Hubby had a job promotion that moved us to Iowa. We have stuck it out as long as we can. It's time to move HOME! We miss family and friends.

Mr. UW has the job opportunity to get us back. He's been with his company for 15 years now and they are based in Wisconsin with warehouses in 4 other states. We are from the Milwaukee area, but are moving north to a city called Appleton. It's about 20 miles from Green Bay.

The realtor is coming today to put the house up for sale. He sold us this house. I have no worries with him. He's top in the city.
We are lucky to have a house that isn't a monster with a monster price. It will probably go up between $115,000-$120,000. It's 2 bedroom, 2 bath. Full finshed basement(which sold us, it's awesome!)and it has a bonus room down there as well. The kitchen is small and doesn't have stainless steel anything or granite. Lucky we live where it doesn't matter. We live in a prime neighborhood. We have had 3 houses for sale in the last year and each of them sold within 3 weeks. Housing is pretty good in this area. We don't have a lot of worries..at least not yet!

So wish us luck campers and I'll be posting more now that I'm finally a camp member!
Welcome to camp...!! Gosh I have quite a reputation. How wonderful that you get to go home....jump on in here anytime, we are a friendly yet goofy bunch!

Lots of luck with your agent today..remember you are the boss of your house..now is a good time to sell before the weather sets in.

Where in Iowa are you? My sissy lives right over the border in IL, north of the Quad cities.

I am rambline, need more coffee!

Old 08-14-2009, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by c21boquetebocasgold View Post
Honey, you didn't go on too long - we're all sooooo happy for ya. Think I repped you too 'cause was glad that thing is selling and the Aholes off your back - a lot of us just dang happy you and carl will finally be done with the hassles. How could we ever get tired of you? We'd be lost without you XXOO

What can I say - he did a compilation from all of our families - hurt him for me too I'm the one who took a running start at the hammock and didn't work out too well LOL

Maybe we're all related - triplets seperated at birth. Don't know what it is about some but . . . me, me, me, me, me. At least you still call yours - I did have several, a lot, of vodka/7s when I saw mine at nieces wedding so I could be sweet and loving when I was around her, I just don't call or anything anymore. Brought her some coffee from Panama, like other people (who were in heaven when I gave it to them), and instead of just being sweet and saying 'oh Joy, how thoughtful' or something else nice, she goes 'oh, I don't drink coffee anymore' Shoved that right up my . She could have just taken it then given it to a friend or something, but . . . Just because they're family, at least IMHO, doesn't mean we have to open ourselves up to hurt and it's like everytime I talked to her, it was hurtful; finally I said enough already. Didn't need the hurt and they just don't realize that even though we're adults now, it still hurts when they behave that way.

Lacey am so sorry about your DD - that's supposed to run in my family too I just refuse to accept it's a part of me and pray a LOT. So far so good, but am sorry that your DD going through this at such a young age
Ah you are such a sweet friend...thanks for the rep..I was really tired last night I just read it wrong...as I get older sometimes I don't read things 'right' and being tired I just opened my yap! Love ya Joy!

Old 08-14-2009, 07:55 AM

I tell ya one team I will NOT be following is the Eagles...they took that criminal Vick. I was hoping he would end up in Sibera

Old 08-14-2009, 08:05 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,849,768 times
Yep C21-many scars. I should call late in day so I have a Smirnoff next to me.

Old 08-14-2009, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Yep C21-many scars. I should call late in day so I have a Smirnoff next to me.
Or honey just not call as much - I had already posted a brief, but long history about mine before, but there just came a time when I realized it was just affecting me too much. And yes scars, tons of them - I'm still dealing at almost 51 with stuff from decades ago, but have to say since I decided to choose who I allow into my life, they're slowly starting to fade. You know, I used to drive every dang weekend from Denver to Canon City where she lived to see her; when she was taking care of my sis' kids when she had a meltdown it was me who bought them all new back-to-school clothes, gave mom some extra money to help out (not like I had a lot of extra to give). Do you think that was ever 'remembered' by her? Just not worth it honey - unfortunately we can't choose our parents, but we can choose whether or not we will allow them to continue to cause us hurt. XXOO

Old 08-14-2009, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoymonkey View Post
Barb, don't worry about it!! we're all happy for you. positive sale vibes are needed!!
Thanks Stoy and everyone, i think i was being hyper sensitive last night..love you all!

Old 08-14-2009, 09:06 AM

959 posts, read 1,824,264 times
Quote:
Dear God Kristine we must have the same mother!!!!!!!
My wonderful daughter has rheumatoid arthritis and her hands are effected. Well one Thanksgiving we're all chatting after dinner and I mentioned her hands-my mother who was 82 at the time said-"What about me-look at me hands"-I said "WTF you're 82 and she's 30!"

I call her every Sat. and truthfully need a stiff drink when I hang up-she's now 89, perfect freakin health and visits docs constantly.

Had to edit as I monitor my BP-well after posting this I took a reading and it was 120/79 when normal for me is 104/69-see what she does to me!!!!
Nice. Yeah, totally something my mom would do and say. It is funny because growing up, she was really cold. Had no sympathy for anything, espeically her kids being sick. She treated us like crap when we were sick, like we were screwing up her day or something by needing her attention. Never brought us juice or took care of us, just horrible.

Now she expects that we should feel bad for her when she is sick and take care of her when she gets old. Ummm NOPE! YOU taught us to have little compassion for anyone but now that it is you, you somehow expect us to magically transform and take care of you? Not a chance in hell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UW Badgers View Post
Good morning campers!

I have been following the camp since reading about Dogmom's Utah selling adventures on the Utah thread which I think might have been before the camp opened. Hubby and I like St. George and I was reading about it and found Dogmom's posts.

Never did I think I would be posting in the camp because we weren't sure if we would ever get to sell our house..Well the time has finally come.

We are originally from Wisconsin. Both born and raised. Lived there our whole lives up until 5 years ago. Hubby had a job promotion that moved us to Iowa. We have stuck it out as long as we can. It's time to move HOME! We miss family and friends.

Mr. UW has the job opportunity to get us back. He's been with his company for 15 years now and they are based in Wisconsin with warehouses in 4 other states. We are from the Milwaukee area, but are moving north to a city called Appleton. It's about 20 miles from Green Bay.

The realtor is coming today to put the house up for sale. He sold us this house. I have no worries with him. He's top in the city.
We are lucky to have a house that isn't a monster with a monster price. It will probably go up between $115,000-$120,000. It's 2 bedroom, 2 bath. Full finshed basement(which sold us, it's awesome!)and it has a bonus room down there as well. The kitchen is small and doesn't have stainless steel anything or granite. Lucky we live where it doesn't matter. We live in a prime neighborhood. We have had 3 houses for sale in the last year and each of them sold within 3 weeks. Housing is pretty good in this area. We don't have a lot of worries..at least not yet!

So wish us luck campers and I'll be posting more now that I'm finally a camp member!
Welcome to the group and good luck with your home going up for sale!

I grew up in Green Bay and LOVE LOVE LOVE Appleton. If I had to move back to WI, Appleton would be one of the first places I would pick. Great city.

Quote:
Originally Posted by c21boquetebocasgold View Post

Your exactly right. For some reason my mother thinks that she can behave anyway she wants and I still have to put up with it because she is my mother. She thinks that being my mom, she somehow DESERVES things from us and I just don't agree with that.

Oh, and it is just the girls she treats like this. The boys can do no wrong and are totally off the hook for anything. Her girls though, man we bare the burden of EVERYTHING.

Kristine
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate