Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: At what temperature do you keep your thermostat in the summer months?
70 7 20.00%
80 3 8.57%
76 8 22.86%
82 4 11.43%
78 7 20.00%
74 6 17.14%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 09:28 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,271,143 times

Advertisements

Kristine, this is why we pick our friends not our relatives..My mom is kind of the opposite..My dad has always been overbearing and controlling..I wish my mom would have stood up for herself more...Probably why I am so outspoken, I have always tried to speak my mind...well whats left of my mind.. My dad is still controlling and my mom still follows along..at their age its too late for any change.

We just have to do what's best for us NOW...and be happy with who we are I guess....

Old 08-14-2009, 10:30 AM

3,320 posts, read 5,593,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
No...sadly I am at work. That is why I am not picking Watson up from the breeder until 12 noon tomorrow. I can't wait. As soon as I get out of work, I am headed to Petsmart!!

GOLD!! I want you to cruise with us--I will have my sister watch Watson!!
It sounds so tempting Tex but happens to be the year we said we have to stop spending and chill. DH is so good to me and I could probably talk him in to anything, but after all the expenses thus far ie: putting up a fence and the fact he still wants a pool table. I will have to do some smooth talking

Have fun picking up your new bundle. It will cost you a small fortune by the time you get done spoiling him I couldn't believe when I look back at reciepts how much I spent on the dogs.

Old 08-14-2009, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UW Badgers View Post
Good morning campers!

I have been following the camp since reading about Dogmom's Utah selling adventures on the Utah thread which I think might have been before the camp opened. Hubby and I like St. George and I was reading about it and found Dogmom's posts.

Never did I think I would be posting in the camp because we weren't sure if we would ever get to sell our house..Well the time has finally come.

We are originally from Wisconsin. Both born and raised. Lived there our whole lives up until 5 years ago. Hubby had a job promotion that moved us to Iowa. We have stuck it out as long as we can. It's time to move HOME! We miss family and friends.

Mr. UW has the job opportunity to get us back. He's been with his company for 15 years now and they are based in Wisconsin with warehouses in 4 other states. We are from the Milwaukee area, but are moving north to a city called Appleton. It's about 20 miles from Green Bay.

The realtor is coming today to put the house up for sale. He sold us this house. I have no worries with him. He's top in the city.
We are lucky to have a house that isn't a monster with a monster price. It will probably go up between $115,000-$120,000. It's 2 bedroom, 2 bath. Full finshed basement(which sold us, it's awesome!)and it has a bonus room down there as well. The kitchen is small and doesn't have stainless steel anything or granite. Lucky we live where it doesn't matter. We live in a prime neighborhood. We have had 3 houses for sale in the last year and each of them sold within 3 weeks. Housing is pretty good in this area. We don't have a lot of worries..at least not yet!

So wish us luck campers and I'll be posting more now that I'm finally a camp member!
Welcome aboard UW! All your enthusiasm will get you through. I am in Madison so anytime you want to pick my brain just holler.

Old 08-14-2009, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by c21boquetebocasgold View Post
Welcome UW!!! Glad you're finally able to go home and Tex, close your eyes girl: GO PACKERS! LOL I have several football teams that I've been following since I was a little girl and the Packs one of them. Anyway, welcome to the camp and get ready for some craziness - 'cause we be a crazy crowd! Joy
I didn't know you were a Packer backer Joy. I guess I am guilty of what that guy on the sports forum was talking about some. I enjoyed watching all the games before and during the 97 superbowl but have lost interest. It was great fun at the time! My husband isn't a sports fanatic and since the Pack isn't even doing that well and with the Farve fiasco we have maybe lost interest.

Old 08-14-2009, 11:47 AM

534 posts, read 1,594,429 times
Thanks for all the well wishes! The realtor just left and we are beyond excited. We were hoping to be able to list at $120,00. He is listing it at $119,900. We wanted a little wiggle room and got it. So happy. They said it shouldn't sell for less then $118,900. They also said it won't be on the market long. The fact that it is spotless and in a great neighborhood was a key to selling fast. His assistant said one could eat off the laundry room floor it was so clean..hee. Not sure I'd take her up on that..

Hammy, we love Appleton. We have always wanted to live there and now we finally are. Can't wait to get there.

gold*dust1,
we enjoy going to Madison. We are hoping to get to a Badger game soon. We are HUGE Badger fans...

Dogmom,
You had some great stories. I don't think anyone will forget the grass sniffers. That still cracks me up!

Well the sign will go up on Tuesday. They don't do realtor walk-throughs anymore here. It's all done on the internet with pictures. They said it's a much better process. We are just really excited...Later campers.

Old 08-14-2009, 12:50 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,843,220 times
Hammy-that's exactly the way mine was. I have 2 brothers and a sister-the brothers could do no wrong and got everything-my sister and I were another story.

It all made me a better Mom as my kids were my life and not a day goes by I don't tell them I love them-something we never heard at home. Conversations are so strained-like strangers. I thank God for my Dad everyday and miss him.

The day we buried him she was emptying his closet-like WTF!

Last edited by LaceyEx; 08-14-2009 at 01:54 PM..

Old 08-14-2009, 01:20 PM

1,869 posts, read 4,022,098 times
welcome UW!

wow, make us quadruplets because i have the same mother. we hated each other when i was a teenager. seriously, not just your typical teen daughter/mother relationship. told me several times she wanted me out of the house. now i'm the last out of 6 to live close by so i'm the one that takes her out to lunch just to get her out of the house, helps with the house, stocks the firewood on the porch, makes sure driveway gets plowed from snow. I constantly remind myself that she did the best she could as a mother and accept her for what she's done. (although i will never forgive her.)
the irony is, i was the black sheep of the family, now im the one who is there for my parents the most.

anyway....

Old 08-14-2009, 03:56 PM

quiet afternoon, did i scare everyone away??
tex, i know you're having a busy and great evening. but question when you get the chance. ya know how my husband crashed his bike and hurt his hand 4 or 5 weeks ago? is it normal that his knuckle is still swollen and hurts a bit?

Old 08-14-2009, 04:06 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,843,220 times
Hey Stoy-not much scares me-been there, done that-LOL.

Might get that checked-maybe slight fracture?

Old 08-14-2009, 04:17 PM

probably was. he still cant bend it all the way. it's kinda gross. maybe i should take a pic and post it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate