Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: At what temperature do you keep your thermostat in the summer months?
70 7 20.00%
80 3 8.57%
76 8 22.86%
82 4 11.43%
78 7 20.00%
74 6 17.14%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2009, 12:38 PM

11,874 posts, read 11,046,770 times

Advertisements

Wisteria! Was so good to hear from you! Glad you got moved and drop a line at the camp, pics and all that. Knew you were in the middle of moving so figured that's why we hadn't seen you around. Glad you're safe, sound and HAPPY

Old 08-15-2009, 12:46 PM

11,874 posts, read 11,046,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niki View Post
NJ,
How scary! I'm glad it wasn't more serious.

I have to go shopping today for school clothes. I'm looking forward to it since I enjoy shopping. My left eye is irritated at the moment for some reason (woke up that way) and I'm waiting for it to start feeling better first. I used eye drops, but they haven't really worked yet. :-/ I don't want to go out with an irritated, bloodshot eye.

I'm very annoyed with the clerk of court. I received a jury summons a week or two ago and then mailed off my letter a day or two ago explaining why it might not be possible to appear. And that if they insist, I'll probably have to bring my children with me. (They don't want children there since there's no child care.) They want me at the court in High Point (about 30-45 minutes from here) at 8:30 AM on September 2nd and there's no way I can make it all the way to High Point by 8:30 after dropping my kids off at school at 8:15.

I received a response from the clerk of court today telling me that my request has been denied and I have to be there. If my mom can't get her boss to rearrange her schedule on that day, then my kids will have to go with me. (Dh is in ND and will still be there in early September, if not longer.) I won't have any other choice.

And what if I get chosen for jury duty? Ugh. For one, I'm not the least bit interested in serving on a jury. For another, it could be a real hassle, if not impossible, to find someone to watch my kids for however long a trial might last. I'm highly annoyed.
OH - I got totally confused, thought it was Goldy that got summoned. Do like Lacey suggested or make some other weird comment when you find out what kind of case it is. They will do Voir Dire too so attorneys can see if they want you on jury and just say something that makes them not want you - or exposure yourself to something so you're sick 'cause in a lot of states you can get out with a written note from a doctor.

Old 08-15-2009, 01:14 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,372,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold*dust1 View Post
Hugs and prayers go out for your daughter and you and your family NJ!!!!!That must have been very scary. TG her eye is ok!! I could feel your panic as I get sick over seeing blood and have passed out before during certain appts. and they have had to give me smelling salts. I could never do what Tex does for a living but admire her being able to do so. The only thing I experienced close would be when my daughter swallowed a marble at 3 or 4 years old. She came to me and said "mom, marble" and her voice was all garbled. I freaked out and taught myself to do the heimlech manuever in no time flat...worked too..out popped that marble.

Blessings go out to you hon...take care of you and yours!!!! When do you leave for New York?
Thanks Gold. GREAT JOB on the heimlich maneuver!! I think anyone with a child should know CPR and the heimlich maneuver. Kids don't usually cardiac arrest...they respiratory arrest. Parents need to know how to breathe for them in the event of an emergency.

Old 08-15-2009, 01:16 PM

534 posts, read 1,594,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Niki-just state when you get there that you're feeling is if someone's on trial-therefore they are guilty in your eyes.
Yep, my husband did this last year and was let go immediately, no further questions..lol

NJ, I am so happy to hear your daughter will be okay. We don't have kids, but I have taken care of kids for 23 years and I freak when they fall and scrape their knee. I would've been hysterical if this had happened to either of the children I watch and they aren't even mine.

Texas, glad to hear Watson made it through the night. He was born on my birthday!

I'm not on here a lot and it's hard to keep up! You campers are a chatty bunch..lol

Old 08-15-2009, 01:22 PM

1,869 posts, read 4,023,319 times
Gold, we have a near 60 lb boxer, my husband did the heimlich on her when she was a pup. was eating, stopped, then fell over. lucky he was right there.

UW what kind of work do you do?

my one experience with jury duty, i had previously worked for the company that was being sued and said (and truly thought) they were a great company to work for. yep, got me out.

Old 08-15-2009, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niki View Post
I'm very annoyed with the clerk of court. I received a jury summons a week or two ago and then mailed off my letter a day or two ago explaining why it might not be possible to appear. And that if they insist, I'll probably have to bring my children with me. (They don't want children there since there's no child care.) They want me at the court in High Point (about 30-45 minutes from here) at 8:30 AM on September 2nd and there's no way I can make it all the way to High Point by 8:30 after dropping my kids off at school at 8:15.

I received a response from the clerk of court today telling me that my request has been denied and I have to be there. If my mom can't get her boss to rearrange her schedule on that day, then my kids will have to go with me. (Dh is in ND and will still be there in early September, if not longer.) I won't have any other choice.

And what if I get chosen for jury duty? Ugh. For one, I'm not the least bit interested in serving on a jury. For another, it could be a real hassle, if not impossible, to find someone to watch my kids for however long a trial might last. I'm highly annoyed.
OK..here is the secret to NOT getting picked!! I went for jury duty in the Spring but wasn't chosen. They interview you one on one (the lawyers, person they are defending) Only the 2 lawyers can ask you questions. They asked me if I had ever been the victim of a crime? I said "yes" because I had been mugged in my early 20's. They asked me if I could be impartial (it was a robbery case) I said I would like to think I could but probably could not be. I wasn't picked. I also noted that they didn't pick the girl who said her dad was a long time police officer and the stories she heard growing up were horrible. They want someone to be impartial--don't give them that impression, even if you are!

I was permitted to defer 3 times d/t my job. I can't believe they won't let you defer. Take your kids along!!! They will send you home...guaranteed! But you will be scheduled for another date!

Old 08-15-2009, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold*dust1 View Post
Tex great things went so smoothly with Watsons first night, I said he was a keeper I'm wondering how he wouldn't have to pee by now though
I have a funny story...I was sitting here typeing this morning and I head him growl/barkl! He has not made a sound since I brought him home. So I panicked, thinking he was hurt...I looked and he had discovered himself in my mirrored closet doors!! He thought it was another puppy--he was running back and forth trying to interact with his mirror image!!! Then he got so excited he pee'ed on my bedroom carpet!!

He finally ate a few nibbles of his food this afternoon and he drank some milk and some water over at the neighbors!! I am so relieved...was worrying about hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) since you mentioned that.

He is learning his name. He LOVES LaCoda (the Burnese Mountain Dog).

Old 08-15-2009, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Niki-just state when you get there that you're feeling is if someone's on trial-therefore they are guilty in your eyes.
Niki...are you listening? This is the key!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by UW Badgers View Post

Texas, glad to hear Watson made it through the night. He was born on my birthday!

I'm not on here a lot and it's hard to keep up! You campers are a chatty bunch..lol
Aaahhh...That's neat that you share the same birthday with Watson! I won't forget your birthday now.

Yes, we are a chatty bunch--just jump in anytime!!

Old 08-15-2009, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tambre View Post
Texas,

That's a great story about how you got the name Watson for your pup. The picture with the BMD is amazing. How did your first night go? Great post Goldie! A vet told us once that dogs can't resist cat food. Maybe try a little of that to get him eating. Hope that isn't bad advice as we never had a small dog, only medium to large size.

Thanks for all the well wishes for the showing today. Love ya all.
How did your showing go today?!?!
Quote:
Originally Posted by c21boquetebocasgold View Post
NJ:
Tex: That pic was precious and the maybe try the cat food thing or some other treat, and lots of reassuring hugs. Sure Watson just freaked out with new home but that will pass. It took Albert 3 weeks before he would let me touch him - at night I'd herd him into in the bathroom (where his litter box was) so he had small space which they like and his box was right there - so one he started using it I'd leave the door open. After 3 weeks of now and then giving him some deli roast beef and ham, one night when I went to the BR, closed the lid and he jumped up on it and half asleep I reached down, scratched his head and don't know which one of us was the most surprised we were actually 'touching' LOL. From then on, he slept with me - though first night he totally freaked me out 'cause I woke up feeling this little fluff of fur next to my leg and thought it was a frickin' rat or something But Albert had just gone under the covers to sleep right next to me and being under the covers made him feel safe. Fortunately he's over that stage (for the most part) though still sleeps either in the crook of my arm or if I'm on my side and legs spread a bit, he curls up between legs and butt. They like being close especially if strays or young. Goldy gave you some great ideas/sites for training Watson - once he's trained, he'll go in the morning (or I guess afternoon when you go to work), then be able to hold it until you get home - unless you have a neighbor like that guy he likes, come over and take him out for you. You know, with your place you could put in a doggie door (when he's a bit older) to where the outside portion had one of those movable doggie fences so he would go straight from the inside to a secure area outside to do his biz? Just a thought. Glad he didn't pee/poop in his crate and actually peed outside this morning! Yeah! Maybe that's where the saying "don't shatz where you live' came from' LOL He's such a sweetie. Just takes a bit of time for them to adjust to new surroundings and being away from their moms - he's pretty dang young. Glad you all liked the Bungles pics - so many to choose from it was actually sad. I found one that I'll post later that's a billboard from fans LOL and that guy hadn't posted anything after I smacked him so maybe he took a chill pill or something.

HDL How's your boy doing? Been thinking about you two.
Yes, HDL...how is your dog?
JOY: That is so freaking scary that you thought a rat was in bed with you! I would have had a heart attack!
My neighbor is coming over tonight before she goes to bed to check on Watson!
Quote:
Originally Posted by c21boquetebocasgold View Post
Wisteria! Was so good to hear from you! Glad you got moved and drop a line at the camp, pics and all that. Knew you were in the middle of moving so figured that's why we hadn't seen you around. Glad you're safe, sound and HAPPY
WOW--what page are Wisteria's pics on---I missed them and can't find them!

Old 08-15-2009, 01:42 PM

LORRIE: How are you doing? How is Gary? Been thinking about you a LOT lately. You are in my prayers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate