Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: At what temperature do you keep your thermostat in the summer months?
70 7 20.00%
80 3 8.57%
76 8 22.86%
82 4 11.43%
78 7 20.00%
74 6 17.14%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2009, 11:14 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,371,410 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold*dust1 View Post
I'm so happy for you Texas and know exactly what you mean. They are truly a joy. Maybe this was the right time for you. Ya know I never got animals when my kids were little as I felt it was too much of an expense and I had enough to handle.

Just really happy for you That is great you have your sister to hang out with her and Bella and your neighbors support...just awesome!
I know--I can't wait until my sister and Bella meet Watson!! They live over an hour away! My neighbors have been awesome! I cried on my way to work last night because I was worried about Watson being alone, but they (neighbors) really stepped in and helped me out!

Thanks for all your nice comments Gold--you ROCK!

Old 08-16-2009, 11:24 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,371,410 times
Lace: How is Mr. L doing?

NJ: Giving a shout out to you, Mr. NJ and twinnies! Hope you are enjoying your trip home to Buffalo! How is Mia's eye?

Roth: Did you head back down South yet?

C'Ma: How's the screwing going girl?!?!

Stoy: How is hubby's hand doing?

Joy: Did you buy those pampers yet for Albert?!?!?

Lorrie: How's Gary doing? Keep us posted on the letter! I noticed tonight that Watson sleeps on a towel outside of his crate...not going in it. Any idea why not? I would feel better if he was inside sleeping on his lambs wool mattress pad.

Old 08-17-2009, 05:18 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,849,768 times
Morning all-Tex loving the Watson tales.

Mr. L's doinf so much better and we're hoping to get home to NJ after Labor Day-fingers crossed.

Painter-be safe.

All-be back later-coffee IV needed.

Old 08-17-2009, 05:29 AM

2,505 posts, read 6,148,678 times
Morning everyone,

Painter, hope the storm passed and left you unscathed. Do you board up your windows when a hurricane is coming, like I have seen people do on the news?

Texas, you sound like such a mommy, it's heartwarming. Your little Watson is lucky to have such a great home.

Lorrie, glad you're doing better. Hope everything works out with the award for damages.

C21, hope Albert is feeling better. Is it possible that he has a digestive problem at the moment?

Stoy, sigh, men! Hopefully it will heal correctly on it's own.

Hi to everyone else. No news on the showing yet.

Old 08-17-2009, 06:07 AM

1,869 posts, read 4,023,087 times
good morning, tambre, hopeflully you hear good news today.
Hey Tex, how's your brother doing?
Painter, stay safe!!!

Old 08-17-2009, 06:59 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,444,124 times
All is fine here, thanks for the "safe" words. Slept all night and didn't hear a sound, so I don't believe we got much worse than an inch of rain out of it! All is clear and there isn't even any puddles out side, yeahhhhh......now we wait till next weekend for TS Ana.

Tambre, I dont do the windows here, just get all I can tied down. We are 20 miles North of the water, so we get wind damage and then of course the tornados. Been here almost 8 yrs and have been hit 3 times====170k in damages. Not ready to go through another one either!

Old 08-17-2009, 07:37 AM

959 posts, read 1,824,264 times
Morning all!!!

Tex - your new puppy is so dang cute!!

I have a funny dog story to share. I have two dogs. One is a English Springer Spaniel and the other is a Border Collie/Springer mix. Well the Border is a bit psycho. He really is. He has to most hilarious peronality i have ever seen in a dog. Well this morning he jumped up on the bed with me and laid down against my stomach. Little Natalie did not like that one bit so she started kicking him. Chester just would turn his head and look at my stomach everytime she kicked. Then he got annoyed because she kept kicking and so he jumps up and starts barking at my stomach. It was hilarious!

Kristine

Old 08-17-2009, 07:48 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,273,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Morning all-Tex loving the Watson tales.

Mr. L's doinf so much better and we're hoping to get home to NJ after Labor Day-fingers crossed.

Painter-be safe.

All-be back later-coffee IV needed.
Lace, send that coffee IV to me will ya?

Old 08-17-2009, 08:28 AM

11,874 posts, read 11,046,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
OK--UPDATE on my baby!!

He is eating, peeing and pooping!!! YEAH!!! I think he just had to acclimate himself to his new home and his new mommy.

He knows his name now...when you say it he picks his head up and looks at you!! He follows me EVERYWHERE!! I have to be extra careful not to step on him because he is always right there by my feet! My friend Aura stopped by today to visit and see Watson for the first time and she said "OMG, Watson is a freakin' mama's boy" because he followed me everywhere and he always wanted to come back to me after playing with her for a few minutes.

My neighbor, Linda, is the one who managed to get him to eat. She laid his food out on a towel instead of his bowl and he gobbled it up! Then she took him outside a little later and he pooped and pee'ed!! Then she put him back in his fenced in area with a towel. She kept his crate door open in case he had to come out and pee during the night. When I got home from work, he was thrilled to see me! I looked in his cage and he had pee'ed and pooped on his pee pad!!! I also had a pee pad inside of his crate and that little bugger was so smart--he drug that pee pad out of his crate. He was probably thinking..."hey, doesn't my mama know I sleep in here...I don't pee in here." LOL.

As I sit here and type, he just came out of his crate...walked over to the pee pad and pee'ed in the RIGHT SPOT!! I am proud beyond words. So right now I am hugging him and heaping tons of praise on him for a job WELL DONE!

I'll tell ya...Little Watson is one smart puppy!
Tex, that's awesome and again what great neighbors you have to help. The towel idea was ingenious - probably keeps it more 'his' level since he's still so small. He's one smart boy to drag out his pad 'cause they don't want to pee/poop where they sleep (do we) but was a big boy this morning and brought it out all by himself Ahhhh. Very happy he's realizing 'wow, i sure have it good here' and sticking to you like glue (amazing what love and $200 at Petsmart will do LOL). They are just so great to have around - good company. Your sister is just going to go ga ga over him and Bella, well . . . will probably be love at first sight (might want to have 'the talk' with Watson about girls LOL)

The pics were great LOL. Albert is just insane sometimes - just now took off around the room jumping up on my rocker, racing around the room - then he'll be ready for his morning nap. Dang cats sleep a lot.

So how is your bro doing? Is he still doin' in house therapy, etc? and whatever happened to that jerk who was talking on his cell phone who hit him? Guy should be in jail.
[/quote]

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post

Lacey that's great and he does seem to get a little better every day so bet you'll be able to go to NJ - we'll all send positive vibes and prayers your way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tambre View Post
Morning everyone,

C21, hope Albert is feeling better. Is it possible that he has a digestive problem at the moment?

Naw, nothing wrong with his digestive tract/system - think he just had some stuck to fur and didn't like it - can't say I would either. The cat eats a LOT, drinks a lot of water and pees/poops like he was roaming in the wild. Just had some stuck on him and decided rubbing it on the floor would do the trick - and it did. Still wish I could train the boy for those types of situations to just wipe himself, but while cats are smart, they aint' that smart

So hows everything with you? Sucks still no news about showing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
All is fine here, thanks for the "safe" words. Slept all night and didn't hear a sound, so I don't believe we got much worse than an inch of rain out of it! All is clear and there isn't even any puddles out side, yeahhhhh......now we wait till next weekend for TS Ana.

Tambre, I dont do the windows here, just get all I can tied down. We are 20 miles North of the water, so we get wind damage and then of course the tornados. Been here almost 8 yrs and have been hit 3 times====170k in damages. Not ready to go through another one either!
YEAH! Knew if you got all prepared it would pass you by - the ole reverse jinx Can't imagine dealing with tropical storms (hurricanes AND tornados). Being inland a bit at least you pretty much just get the wind effects from TS and huricanes, but still no fun. Tornados been through though never got hit, but never been around a hurricane and not sure I'd want to. In '05 when there were so many, Bocas did get smacked by the tail of one as it slammed into CR and rain blowing sideways for about 10 hours or so - them poof, blue skys but that's about as bad as it gets over there. Get rain, but not TS or hurricane strength. Usually our green season is when there's a lot of activity in the Caribbean or Pacific as it goes over the hill. Raining here today which totally throws off my sleep 'cause no sunshine when I wake up makes me feel like it's still early.

Stoy: So how's your day shaping up other than DH being unreasonable about going to the Doc? Just enjoy today 'cause tomorrow know you go back to F/T.

Lorrie: Enjoy Nordsroms! Bet it will be good to be in the city buying some new things! You need some fun time after everything you've been though.

Kristine: That's a riot about the baby kicking Chester then him barking at her! LOL probably thinking 'what the heck does mom have in there' and his 'personality' reminds me a lot of Albert - just a tad psycho, but in an endearing way LOL

DM: Hows that dang tooth today? I hate going to the dentist and might have to 'cause I keep getting toothache on and off. Last night I was forced to get up and take an extra strength tylenol 'cause was hurting. Still going through the never ending boxes? I STILL have things in boxes from when I moved over here 2+ years ago to open the Boquete office. I am literally the queen of not unpacking things I don't think I need - maybe that's a sign I need to just throw the dang stuff away. Think I even have my copies of old CO files which we were required to keep for so many years but think I've passed the deadline. Well, now at least I've 'thought' about unpacking them and we'll see how long it takes before I actually do LOL

Goldy: Nothing like being next to mom for those long rests! Just have DH sit closer to you and then he can partake too. Hope you have a great day in your neck of the woods.

GF: Hope you had fun at the beach.

Niki: A big hi ya and hope your week has started good and no more unexpected surprises in the shower LOL

Cma: So how is that screwing coming along

Well girls, need to get ready to head to the office so I'll see ya later on. The 'boys' LOL finally called at about 7:45 last night - meeting with bank appraiser so go over house and then they're meeting me at the office so must gulp down coffee and get down there.

Old 08-17-2009, 11:20 AM

3,320 posts, read 5,595,060 times
Default Good pm everyone

Mo Jo selling dust going out to you sellers to start your week!

Lacey, what is going on over in the food threads

Joy, DH keeps trying to win them over and they adore him, but when we put a movie in or something they won't choose to lay in his lap

You are a hard worker and your job sounds rewarding. I started studying to take my RE exam a couple years ago, and the only class available for my schedule was about 30 min away. I was into the second week commuting every day when we got in a terrible car accident where it was the drivers fault when she rear ended us at 55 mph. She actually died. I never went back as we had pain and I got PTS over it. It is such a competitive field and now the economy sucks. I can imagine some would cut a new agents throat.

Last edited by gold*dust1; 08-17-2009 at 11:29 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate