Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: At what temperature do you keep your thermostat in the summer months?
70 7 20.00%
80 3 8.57%
76 8 22.86%
82 4 11.43%
78 7 20.00%
74 6 17.14%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2009, 05:51 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,849,768 times

Advertisements

Good morning all and DogMom-thank you for a valiant effort. Tex,Gold thanx to you both.

Tambre-hope it's yours-everything crossed.

Roth-safe journey home.

Old 08-18-2009, 06:26 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,273,308 times
I am up but I am not awake! working on coffee cup #2..

I still don't understand why we could not have a kitchen thread over at the food board...so what if there is a lunch and dinner thread..our kitchen thread was like camp for food!

then I had stupid issues with facebook last night..for some reason I think the powers that be over there thought I was a spammer since I post a lot. Imagine, me a spammer, lol. It's working this morning and will try to restrain myself from posting all day I guess....actually I do have things to do today, my sister is on her way to Chicago right now to board her flight to see us..I have house stuff today and then into Ontario early afternoon to pick her up.

I am sitting here munching on a graham cracker and the brown dog is watching me. Hey, I dont eat her dog bones, they don't get my cracker!

Ok later!

PS Tex, glad Watson is finding himself at home with you..yes puppies can get crazy!
Joy, hope you wake up without the headache I think you might have today..lol

Old 08-18-2009, 07:07 AM

534 posts, read 1,594,815 times
Morning Campers!

Texas, so glad to hear that Watson is doing so well. I wish him well at the vets.

Lorrie, I wanted to send my sympathies to you and your hubby for Coco. That is just awful. We don't have pets and never have, but I still can't even imagine.

Dogmom, I love everything about your home. I'm glad you were able to get back to Cali. I know what it feels like to get back "home."

We have an open house Sunday. Not really nervous about it. I'm such a clean freak, that all I will need to do is vaccum that morning. I'm more nervous in finding a place to live once it sells. We were thinking of renting for a year, but now leaning towards buying.

Anyone in the path of Hurricane Bill stay safe. The kids are here, so I am off for the day. Everyone have a great day!

Old 08-18-2009, 07:17 AM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,371,410 times
At 4 am...I awake to Watson barking/growling...he doesn't do that...I rarely hear him bark. I turn on the light and he is barking, looking at my closet door. I don't know if he saw his reflection or what...So I opened the door so he didn't see the mirror and calmed him down. Back to bed--10 minutes later--crazy barking AGAIN. I don't know what he saw--GOD I hope it wasn't a mouse. Anyways, I put him in bed with me where he promptly went to sleep and slept until 7:30 am. I guess he doesn't know I have going out plans tonight!! I am going to see Dale Watson (Musician/friend from Austin, TX) who is on tour and playing in Pittsburgh!! (That's who I named Watson after!)

Last edited by TexasGirl@Heart; 08-18-2009 at 07:31 AM..

Old 08-18-2009, 08:21 AM

11,874 posts, read 11,046,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
At 4 am...I awake to Watson barking/growling...he doesn't do that...I rarely hear him bark. I turn on the light and he is barking, looking at my closet door. I don't know if he saw his reflection or what...So I opened the door so he didn't see the mirror and calmed him down. Back to bed--10 minutes later--crazy barking AGAIN. I don't know what he saw--GOD I hope it wasn't a mouse. Anyways, I put him in bed with me where he promptly went to sleep and slept until 7:30 am. I guess he doesn't know I have going out plans tonight!! I am going to see Dale Watson (Musician/friend from Austin, TX) who is on tour and playing in Pittsburgh!! (That's who I named Watson after!)

Tex, could have been a darn piece of string puppies are well, puppies LOL Albert wakes me up for the weirdest reasons sometimes. That is so precious though that Watson slept with you last night and was a good boy and held itfor Watson the 'big' boy'. And gettin' all crazy nippin' at your heels - maybe he and Albert are related! Have fun tonight!!!!

Oh and do watch that Vet! I bought some of that liquid flea/tick/worm whatever stuff for Albert and got it home and it said it was for 5-15 lb cats - he's maybe 6, 7 max. I drove my friend Christie in bocas crazy calling her about it 'cause she has 2 cats and uses it. Didn't want to OD Albert or anything. Anyway, pretty much same thing 'cause she told me just to put like 1/2 of it on him, then I could store the rest in the freezer.
DM loved your pics. You really have great taste - and oh, my head fine. Nothing a good night's sleep won't cure - course Albert, my alarm clock, did let me know when it was time for me to get up And you a spammer? LOL

Painter are you in the path of that hurricane? I just can't imagine having to worry about that stuff - occassional tremmor but no huricanes. I forgot 'tis the season and will have to start keeping an eye on huricane central on the weather channel on-line. Anyway, hope it's well away from you, girl.

UW good luck with open house and enjoy your day with the kids!

Roth yee haw on getting the insurance check and more than what you thought! What a great surprise!

Lacey that just sucks about the kitchen thread - I found Yac to be the most responsive when the one who smacked me didn't respond. That's pure BS 'cause just look at the RE threads where people post the same question ALL the time????????????? They don't delete their threads even when maybe 3 or 4 threads down is almost the exact same thread name. Coincidence? I think not - sounds like friends in high places to me but I see conspiracy around every corner so . . .

Tambre and yes, usually when it comes to buying a home the woman has the final word at least in my experience - even the so-called 'macho' guys will bend when it comes to buying a house. Nothing like a comment like 'well you do have to sleep sometime' to make them see reason. Fingers crossed for ya hon.

Lorrie hope you enjoyed your day in the city at Nordstroms! And yeah, unforunately can't sue the owners of dogs since they were in a kennel and the kennel is who is at fault - but I do agree that if they have aggressive dogs like that. Well at least when I was there dogs like that were taken care of and they sound just vicious.

Cma you must still be screwin' 'cause not hearing anything from you. Well, at least one of us is LOL Hope ya post pics of new flooring - we get excited at the camp over the weirdest things.

Morning to everyone else and I'm gonna play catch up on emails etc. then head to the office. A lot of stuff to do and thank God above my assistant returns tomorrow. YEAH. Man, needed to send a fax and I just stared at it, cause some things have to be unplugged, others plugged in . . and I'm like 'but Naiky always does this'. Felt like an idiot LOL

Old 08-18-2009, 08:32 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,849,768 times
Joy so true there's lots behind this I am sure. Have gone higher.

Old 08-18-2009, 08:34 AM

959 posts, read 1,824,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
Yea...you'll be crying!!! Wow...what a big boy--going off to kindergarten. I LOVED kindergarten--yes...I still remember it. I remember my K teacher. We sat at these short round tables that about 10 kids could sit around. I would crawl under the table and hide every time the principle came into the room!! I don't know why I was afraid of him..

He is going to have so much fun at school!! Does he only go half days?

You actually planned that out great, because you will have time to bond with Natalie and take care of her while Connor (That's his name, right?) is at school. Then when he comes home, you can lay Natalie down for her nap and focus on him and praise his school work!!
He is going full days. It is nice because they have a lottery for it and he got in. So we won't have to pay for 1/2 day of daycare for him. The baby in daycare is enough to kill someone. $1500 a month! Can you even believe that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorriem View Post
No and No. We couldn't sue the owners since the dogs were in the Kennel.I just would like to know if the had killed any other dog or bitten anyone that is why that should be reported. From what this so called lawyer said no. Yes if they were in the owners care but they were not.
I would be curious if these dogs have done this before as well. I mean, it seems like they would have to have this pattern.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Kristrine-funny-my daughter has 2 border collies-hyper crazy plus a springer who thinks he's a lap dog.
I am very thankful that my border is not hyper at all. He spends most of his day laying around doing nothing.

My springer on the other hand.....he is mental, I swear. If you even move in your chair he jumps up and gets all hyper thinking he is going to go outside or something. And he barks like crazy, it drives me nuts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tambre View Post
So, I finally e-mailed our realtor about the showing. She said the buyers are torn between our house and one other house. The wife likes the other house better, and the husband likes our house better. I think a woman usually picks the house, so I'm not holding my breath. Hey, at least we were tied for first place!
You just never know! The husband might have a bit more pull and they may choose your home!

Had my Dr. appointment yesterday. My fluids are back down. That sucks. The baby has dropped and is now resting on my bladder and the tops of my legs. 4 more weeks and I get my body back, I cannot wait!

Kristine

Old 08-18-2009, 09:00 AM

2,505 posts, read 6,148,678 times
Hi everyone,

I just got back from jogging with the dogs...yup, two days in a row, whoohoo! Today, I'm going to put in my application for a county civil service job. This past year I spent doing contract work, and didn't pursue getting a permanent job, in case the house sold. If it does, great, if not, I'll be here for awhile, so I'm going to plan my life like we are stuck. Thanks for all the positive wishes everyone. You guys are the best!

Hammy, sorry to hear about the low fluid levels. Do you have a leak, or are you not producing enough fluid, or ? Is there anything you can do to get it back up? Only four more weeks...that's great! Hang in there.

Old 08-18-2009, 09:04 AM

959 posts, read 1,824,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tambre View Post
Hi everyone,

I just got back from jogging with the dogs...yup, two days in a row, whoohoo! Today, I'm going to put in my application for a county civil service job. This past year I spent doing contract work, and didn't pursue getting a permanent job, in case the house sold. If it does, great, if not, I'll be here for awhile, so I'm going to plan my life like we are stuck. Thanks for all the positive wishes everyone. You guys are the best!

Hammy, sorry to hear about the low fluid levels. Do you have a leak, or are you not producing enough fluid, or ? Is there anything you can do to get it back up? Only four more weeks...that's great! Hang in there.
They are not really sure why it keeps going up and down. I cannot possibly drink more fluids than I already do. I feel like a beached whale most days because of all the water I drink. All they tell me is rest and drink lots. But they don't put me on bedrest so I can only rest so much, ya know? If you want me to rest, give me some time off work!

Kristine

Old 08-18-2009, 09:09 AM

3,191 posts, read 9,183,128 times
morning campers
Busy here. The carpet just was wearing on my nerves, looked droopy in spite of cleaning & vac-ing....Decided to get new carpet in living/dining, stairs, hall and MBR. ( 2 other BRs & downstairs are in much much better shape) A frieze, not top of the line nor builder grade. Should wear good enough until we can get out of here, Just not worth spending the money for laminate($1000 for just the dining) nor sure as heck not gonna do hardwood. Will make do with the laminate stuff in the Kit & foyer, a couple of squeaks magically disappear for a while with the thunk of a rubber mallet
So if potential buyers don't like it, anything, they can kiss my pale white a$$.

Okay- he is coming to double check carpet measurement. And they are comign to tweek the 'test' motor on indoor unit too. Need to start taking the damn carpet up again in the back. Fun fun fun.

Y'all hang in there and here is some mojo for ya
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate