Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: At what temperature do you keep your thermostat in the summer months?
70 7 20.00%
80 3 8.57%
76 8 22.86%
82 4 11.43%
78 7 20.00%
74 6 17.14%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 09:00 AM

11,874 posts, read 11,046,013 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UW Badgers View Post
Morning Campers! I have a ton of catching up to do. Just giving you an update. The open house went great. We had 12 couples come through in the hour and a half it was. We had 2 more showings on Sunday. Had an offer Sunday night. We countered yesterday and also had 2 more showings last night. The lady at the last showing put in an offer that was excellent and I am happy to say we are SOLD! Went on the market Friday. We close October 5th. It's perfect for us. Gives us plenty of time. Now off to read about 4 pages!
Congratulations, UW!!!!!!!!!!!! Dang - now you get to go on a buying spree LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Oh here is one for the book, ran into one of my customers yesterday. I have a little bit of work to do there but... He told me someone knocked on his door last week and said we want to buy your house and here is our offer! Now here it is --- his house is NOT on the market and these people did not even see the inside of it! The offer was 50K less than they would even consider selling for but now they think they may put it on the market. This house is nothing exciting, the kitchen sucks too but...this is the way the house sold last time, 7 yrs ago. THEY knocked on the door and bought it. JUST DONT GET IT!!!
Honey your day will come and like you said, the house is nothing exciting YOURS IS and as everywhere, even here, people are bargain hunting. Had a guy come in and told me our prices couldn't compare to the states - I said, 'well yeah cause we don't have a bunch of SS and REO flooding the market and the cost of living here is about 1/100000 of what it is in the States'. He's buying, but very low end - so low end that I just keep telling myself 'well, it's something so be grateful' while I do the same amount of work as if it were a $1M home. Thing is the buyer mentality is such that with all of the 'deals' out there they think they can pick up any house at bargain basement prices and that ALL sellers are on the brink of foreclosure - will be glad when all the SS and REO are off the market so they are taken out of the equation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold*dust1 View Post
Tex it's called Nutrical or Nutristat here...your petstore should know if you ask them. You could just purchase some and give him some on his tongue everyday to be safe if he isn't eating enough. Hypoglycemia can come on suddenly. Karo syrup can suffice in a pinch. 1/3 cup twice a day kibble is what I started with and still do pretty much. Sometimes they eat it all and I give a little more and sometimes they don't finish all of it in a day. Really 3 and a half lbs is a decent weight for his age. Maybe he doesn't like his kibble and you need to try something else but you have to do that slowly and in equal parts new and old for a week or they can get the runs, upset stomach.

I think you're supposed to be through all the shots up to 16 weeks or so before you should have him out on walks or walking around in petstores, just to protect him. (Parvo etc.) Don't know if you're through the whole series yet.

Did you get one of the sprays that combat their waste smell? A good rule of thumb is if you know they haven't had a bm or peed lately don't let them roam the house, keep them in pen, crate, or hold. Some even keep them leashed to their person as they move about the house...teaches them who is boss. Believe me I have heard more people describe the exact scenario you did about him peeing 5 mins after you come in. I often have to tell mine to "go potty" when I let them out as they have that little bit of stubborness, especially the Yorkie, or maybe she doesn't have to go and I make her too often.

Good luck hon, it will be ok.

Welcome back DM

Good post Joy
Dang girl, I'm going to start calling you Dr. Goldy, super pet expert That's some great info and advice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Going to bed, not much chance to read up today..Anyone hear from Sara about her dad?
Wanted to let you know that my sis' cat Cole is going to be ok...bladder blockage, he is now an inside cat, no carousing for stuff outside anymore..thanks for all the prayers! Later!
Hey Barb - glad to hear about Cole and good thing about them staying indoors. Albert being a former street kitten from Bocas has absolutely no desire to go outside. He can sit in the windows and watch the dogs, chickens etc. but he's happy inside, plus he knows he's safe (and so do I). Anyway, glad you guys had a good time and that Cole is okay. Poor sis and BIL - what a saint that guy is for doing all that driving just to get Cole taken care of. Does he have a single brother?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
Glad to hear the "Boom boom" isn't going to be a regular occurence. That would grow old real fast.

Can I get an Amen! I was just praying it wasn't. If I wanted to listen to loud music, I'd live in town or for that matter in the City where it's always noisy. Didn't move up here to listen the boom-boom all the time. So yes, I be a Happy Camper finding out it was a special occasion.

Watson pooped on my carpet today--first time he did that! Then I had him outside for over 1/2 hr and nothing! Then not even 5 minutes after I bring him in, he pees on my carpet.

I called the breeder today and she said "No way should he be eating a full cup of food per day...he's only 3-4 lbs, he should only be taking in about 1/4 cup, maybe a 1/3 cup of dog food per day." She also told me not to walk him that I am burning up too many calories and I will risk hypoglycemia. I have to ask Lorrie about the stuff you squeeze in his mouth for hypoglycemia. Lorrie??? And how do you even know if he's hypoglycemic??? Puppies sleep alot and he is doing that.

Glad you called the breeder so you know exactly how much he should be eating, the whole walking thing etc. Good thing about buying from a breeder is they KNOW and really want to help new owners take care of the animals (all the in's and out's). Mine was a gem when I bought my Rott. And yes, puppies do sleep a lot - they're like babies that way. Poop, pee and sleep.
NJ glad DD eye's doing better and that you're still going to have it checked out. Still feel like the stores insurance carrier should pay but, well my last post pretty much said it all when it comes to my opinion of insurance companies. I can't WAIT to see the Jill in the Box. My word, I would have probably driven off the road if a little girl woud have just popped out of a box in front of me

Tambre so how's everything there??????

Lacey I gather Mr. L still on the mend and you're eating regular food. Been a long haul for you guys and can't wait for - you know

Sara thinking and praying for ya girl. If you're lurking at least you know how much you're missed and how many prayers are being said for you by all of us.

Lorrie when will you and Gary be able to pick up the little pup? They just looked so adorable in the pics.

So a big hi ya to the rest of the campers and I'm not selling a house but do want to sign up for the WTF club. No idea how many times during the day I'm going WTF is this about??????????????? So off to catch up on emails, get to the office and see what today has in store - sure more WTFs will pop up. Maybe I'll just have a sign made for the wall behind my office just saying WTF

Old 08-25-2009, 09:02 AM

534 posts, read 1,594,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
UW that is wonderful news and you'll be in WI before winter hits!!!!!
Yes we will Lacey. We move the first weekend in Oct. Closing Oct. 5th. We couldn't be happier with that time for a move!

Thanks for all the congrats! We are so excited to be going back HOME!

Old 08-25-2009, 10:27 AM

3,320 posts, read 5,595,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
464 days our house has been on the market. All I can say is wtf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote:
I know, same here so I will join in the WTF club!
Quote:
Yes we will Lacey. We move the first weekend in Oct. Closing Oct. 5th. We couldn't be happier with that time for a move!

Thanks for all the congrats! We are so excited to be going back HOME!
Special blessings to you poor souls in WTF status that have been waiting so long to sell!! That carnival idea is a SCREAM NJ!!! How about the people who have had a raffle on their home? They call it the $50 home and get all these people to buy tickets and there is one lucky winner. It's actually worked for a few. Well I feel for y'all. Some are selling in my neighborhood but I think most have had to lower their asking price considerably. I doubt we would be able to sell ours for what we just paid, so here to stay for a few years at least. Tambre, Stoy, Niki how long on the market for you guys?

Way to go UW, what an amazingly quick offer and perfect timing! I thought it was a godsend getting an accepted contract in 26 days.

Well I made potato salad yesterday to go with some deli chicken for tonight (seemed like a 2 hour process) and I am off to start my waldorf salad. Have a wonderful day ladies

Old 08-25-2009, 10:41 AM

959 posts, read 1,824,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
Kristine: How did your OB-GYN appt go? How are your fluid levels?

It went well. My fluid levels were at 8.6 which I need them to be 5 or above. My Dr. said they are still lower than she would like to see but still within the normal range. So good news there.

Then they did the growth ultrasound and OMG - this baby is at 6.7 pounds already with 6 weeks to go. At 1/2 a pound a week, we are looking at 3 more pounds! The Dr. will not let me go past 39 weeks though so I am only looking at 2 more pounds instead of three. Should be interesting.

Took the day off today because well..I wanted to. Slept in until 10:30, doing some laundry and now I am going to clean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niki View Post
We went to my daughter's school first and met her teacher. Then went to my son's school, showed the office people his shot record (which they made a copy of) and met his band teacher. I was unable again to buy him a P.E. uniform because the P.E. teacher had left. So my son will have to bring the money to school with him.

We then had to get school supplies. I thought I would find everything we needed at Target, but no. I ended up also going to Wal-Mart (what a mad house! - got nothing there), CVS (found a couple things), the grocery store (in search of notebook paper - found none) and a dollar store (still no notebook paper, so I bought a notebook instead so that my son would have paper to write on). I can't believe every store we went to was out of notebook paper. They had tons of notebooks and folders, but no notebook paper. I'll look for some again this Friday. Hopefully someone will have some in stock by then.

When we got home, and after we ate, I helped my son write his paper (short and fairly easy), which was a summer homework assignment that I found out about mabye a month ago. (He had to read a book from a list and then write a paper.) How crazy is that? Got the kids in bed on time (or close to it), but they didn't fall asleep for about an hour. :-/

Then I got busy filling out paperwork for Kelly's teacher/school, getting the kids' stuff ready for in the morning and doing laundry.
Try like Office Max or Staples. One of those kinds of places. They should have paper.

Quote:
Morning Campers! I have a ton of catching up to do. Just giving you an update. The open house went great. We had 12 couples come through in the hour and a half it was. We had 2 more showings on Sunday. Had an offer Sunday night. We countered yesterday and also had 2 more showings last night. The lady at the last showing put in an offer that was excellent and I am happy to say we are SOLD! Went on the market Friday. We close October 5th. It's perfect for us. Gives us plenty of time. Now off to read about 4 pages!

OMG woman. That is AWESOME! Congrat's!

Quote:
Oh here is one for the book, ran into one of my customers yesterday. I have a little bit of work to do there but... He told me someone knocked on his door last week and said we want to buy your house and here is our offer! Now here it is --- his house is NOT on the market and these people did not even see the inside of it! The offer was 50K less than they would even consider selling for but now they think they may put it on the market. This house is nothing exciting, the kitchen sucks too but...this is the way the house sold last time, 7 yrs ago. THEY knocked on the door and bought it. JUST DONT GET IT!!!

Seriously, that is really strange. I did not even know it was possible for that to happen anymore. Crazy.

Kristine

Old 08-25-2009, 12:22 PM

1,869 posts, read 4,023,319 times
UW, congrats!!

Nj, i join the WTF club as an honorary member, too afraid to officially count the days but over 300.
Painter, are you kidding me?! they shouldve pointed them in YOUR direction!
Sara, thinking of you...

Last edited by BCG8; 08-25-2009 at 12:23 PM.. Reason: hey, i wasnt done!

Old 08-25-2009, 01:22 PM

2,505 posts, read 6,148,944 times
Default WTF Club

Hey Goldie,

Count me in as a WTF member...nine months listed (with five months off for cold weather, so over a year. There are lot's of potential WTF members in my neighorhood. There are five houses for sale on my street. The prices are from $495,000 to $344,000. Not one house has sold on this street in the past year or longer.

Old 08-25-2009, 01:42 PM

2,364 posts, read 4,872,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
464 days our house has been on the market. All I can say is wtf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote:

Can I join the WTF club, too!?!?!? We are probably approaching 450 days. Went on the market mid June of 2008. Not one offer although apparently we were thiiiiiiis close (fingers 1/16" apart) the beginning of August. Problem is that our house is not a first time homebuyer house. In our very rural area, all the houses selling are in the $60k-$90k range. Agents did a check and there hasn't been ONE house sell in our price range in at least 6 months. According to the newspaper, our agents were 2nd highest in number of sales for their area.........just not ours!! Every agent in the area that has seen it says it is very well priced and the inside is beautiful, just no buyers for that price. We dropped to $172k, but that is pretty much as low as we can go. This is a 3 bed, 1.5 bath, highly remodelled home on 1.2 acres of land. Prices in this area have always been very low. I can't believe that people who live down the road 20 minutes would rather buy something much less for twice the price just because of a few miles, and that would be on a 4-lane highway!! We did finally get the outside painted and DH has pulled the overgrown landscaping, so agents are coming today to take new pix. Maybe that will make a difference. I don't really like to think of it a lot because I just usually start to cry in frustration.

Painter.........Prayers to you!! Wow, when it rains, it pours, doesn't it??

I'm sitting here waiting for a women with a cat rescue to drop off a kitty I'm considering adopting. She was supposed to come at 1:30, but called and said she is at the emergency vet with a friend and her cat. Still hasn't showed up. Not sure about the cat as it had a very traumatic declaw about 8 months ago and this woman has had to do a lot of rehabbing of it. It is pretty shy and if it refuses to bond with me I will have to give her back for her sake. She's a little tuxedo about 14 months old.

Old 08-25-2009, 01:53 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,595,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tambre View Post
Hey Goldie,

Count me in as a WTF member...nine months listed (with five months off for cold weather, so over a year. There are lot's of potential WTF members in my neighorhood. There are five houses for sale on my street. The prices are from $495,000 to $344,000. Not one house has sold on this street in the past year or longer.
NJ (the secretary or treasurer of the club) can record you and Stoy; I think Tex too That is not good that noone has sold on your street, but I guess you are all in the same boat, so you are not alone.

Hammy I used to love to take a mental health day at my last job in a call center. We acrued about one day a month and there was just nothing sweeter than calling in and planning what excuse I could come up with Ahh they treated us like dirt, so I felt justified and there was plenty of people to pick up the slack or we all took our turns having a very busy shift. They could transfer our traffic to another center if need be.

Had a mean tornado come through town and and a few touch downs, one significant. I saw the head honcho of the floor peering out the windows. We couldn't hear the sirens. They never bothered to give us nary a warning I guess if we were blown out of our seats it would have been chalked up to productive business practices at whatever cost.

Last edited by gold*dust1; 08-25-2009 at 02:06 PM..

Old 08-25-2009, 02:01 PM

486 posts, read 984,103 times
Congratulations UW! that's great news!!
I'm in contract on the house now. Problem is the inspector found the roof needs to be repaired so now I'm negotiating with the seller and haven't heard back from them. I still think the deal is on a good track. Nothing else was found during the inspection so I'm not concerned.

Hammy, you're almost there!! I hope you have a beautiful, healthy baby. :-)

Oh, for some reason I was able to get on the forum today from work, HURRAY!!

Old 08-25-2009, 02:17 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,273,875 times
Quote:
WOWIE! That is wonderful news girl...meant to be..the right buyers came through and you were priced right..!!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate