Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: At what temperature do you keep your thermostat in the summer months?
70 7 20.00%
80 3 8.57%
76 8 22.86%
82 4 11.43%
78 7 20.00%
74 6 17.14%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 08:55 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,371,410 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorriem View Post
just heard from dd that #2 grandsons team have won all the play off games in utah and will play in the babe ruth world series. We just don't know what team they will play their game is still going on. So i quess missing his first week of hs was worth it. The hs was very supported of him missing a whole week.
woo hoo!!!

Old 08-28-2009, 09:16 PM

11,874 posts, read 11,046,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
Cute pic of Halo!!!
My contract is over at the end of September.

Joy, THANK YOU SO MUCH for the wonderful free advice. You ROCK! Normally where would the holdover information be in the contract? I have to find that! Normally how long is a holdover clause? So, say the holdover is 6 months, then after that time has expired if someone wants it that my realtor brought through--I wouldn't have to pay her commission? I would only pay the potential buyer's realtor a 3% buyers agent commission, correct?
Hey you - figured you'd show up at some point LOL On months, think maybe 120 days - it can vary. You need to look at your listing contract and there should be a section dealing with compensation to the brokerage firm with the exact number of days. And yes, after the holdover clause all bets are off unless things have changed or the RE rules there different than where I practiced. The other way is if you say changed your mind about FSBO and signed exclusively with another brokerage then, though does depend on your state, the holdover clause doesn't apply. Your state approved RE contract should spell all this out.

Quote:
It would be cute to see Willow and Watson together! He is such a character. He got his rub-a-dub tonight. He is in my arms wrapped in a warm blanket and fast asleep. Thanks Tambre!!

Ah, what a shame no one there to take a pic of you 2 - that would be so cute. The little darling!

Maybe you can instruct your assistant that all legal things must be placed on hold until you return from the cruise and no decisions are made until you return, and they are only to run normal operations--but ALL decisions wait for your return home. It would be so great if you could cruise with us!

Naiky can do that - and again, everyone just say prayers - but like what i've gone through on this one deal, it would have literally fallen through if I wouldn't have been available. Just let me see how things shake out, everyone say a lot of prayers that things smooth out then you can count me in.

My boy is doing good! Although--2 pee accidents today--caught him in the middle of one and took him outside immediately, where he finished peeing.

Ah, being a mom - potty training is so fun LOL I can see you carrying him out 'while' he's streaming pee so he could 'finish' but he's smart and the way you're doing it (immediately taking him outside even if in mid-stream) will teach him to let you know when he needs to go outside to do his biz.
Quote:

I agree--I find the Amish culture fascinating! Holy crap--can't believe someone just hopped over on to your deck like that. That takes nerves! Didn't he see lights on and realize someone was at home!?!? What balls!!

Well with bugs didn't have lights on except from my computer but back door open and my laptop puts out enough light where it was obvious someone was there. And yeah what balls and if he wouldn't have scurried off as fast as he did when I started coming after him he'd be scratching nothing right now LOL So I'm posting a couple of pics so you see that while it was cute the main living/dining/kitchen essentially one long, small room (though you'll see small doorway where bedroom/bath was) - with DR table on right where I worked on my computer - the other shows the white couches you see right by front deck - no way the guy wouldn't have seen me by the light of my computer. Just a drunk, discourteous Gringo LOL

Well I hope you can figure out a way to go on the cruise! Just think how much fun it will be!

Then PRAY - I really need things to settle down here (and not just because I want to go on the cruise). I need things to just chill for my sanity. Good thing is our new president is doing some good things, so that will help stablize things sooooooooooooo - pray that Joy can go with her amigas on the cruise.
So Albert is nagging and have another offer to draft tomorrow so think I'll sign off - but who knows. Maybe I'll pop in again tonight so don't start talkin' smack about me LOL

Old 08-28-2009, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by c21boquetebocasgold View Post
Hey you - figured you'd show up at some point LOL On months, think maybe 120 days - it can vary. You need to look at your listing contract and there should be a section dealing with compensation to the brokerage firm with the exact number of days. And yes, after the holdover clause all bets are off unless things have changed or the RE rules there different than where I practiced. The other way is if you say changed your mind about FSBO and signed exclusively with another brokerage then, though does depend on your state, the holdover clause doesn't apply. Your state approved RE contract should spell all this out.

So Albert is nagging and have another offer to draft tomorrow so think I'll sign off - but who knows. Maybe I'll pop in again tonight so don't start talkin' smack about me LOL
I have to look for that contract--it's here somewhere in the mess on my desk!

I am praying real hard that you are able to go on that cruise with us! We need to convince NJ also! What a BLAST we would have!

Old 08-28-2009, 10:22 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,273,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorriem View Post
Just heard from dd that #2 grandsons team have won all the play off games in Utah and will play in the Babe Ruth world series. We just don't know what team they will play their game is still going on. So I quess missing his first week of HS was worth it. The HS was very supported of him missing a whole week.
Lorrie, congratulations to dgs and the fam! That is a huge deal and he must be very, very good! Wonderful!

Old 08-28-2009, 10:42 PM

Quote:
I have to look for that contract--it's here somewhere in the mess on my desk!

I am praying real hard that you are able to go on that cruise with us! We need to convince NJ also! What a BLAST we would have!
See I told you I might come back - forgot I had to be at the office tomorrow to draft that offer. But all I have to say - are you listening NJ? If I can make this work you HAVE TO COME! Period. You and DH have no say in it.

Old 08-28-2009, 11:00 PM

That ship will NEVER be the same! The crew will always remember the CRAZY CAMPERS!!! I am praying like I've never prayed before!!

Old 08-28-2009, 11:12 PM

Quote:
That ship will NEVER be the same! The crew will always remember the CRAZY CAMPERS!!! I am praying like I've never prayed before!!
Well keep saying them - first one even looks like NJ so maybe that's a good sign Now I've got to go to bed - thank God don't have to be at the office real early to draft that offer. See you all in the morning and keep praying - 'The Cruising Crazy Campers' does have a nice ring to it. Look out pool boys

Old 08-28-2009, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by c21boquetebocasgold View Post
Well keep saying them - first one even looks like NJ so maybe that's a good sign Now I've got to go to bed - thank God don't have to be at the office real early to draft that offer. See you all in the morning and keep praying - 'The Cruising Crazy Campers' does have a nice ring to it. Look out pool boys
Good night Joy! Good night Albert! I will be including the cruise prayer in my prayers tonight!!

Old 08-29-2009, 06:27 AM

311 posts, read 915,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rothbear View Post
......WE DIDN'T HAVE THE GIANT RUN-UP, SO WE CAN'T SLASH PRICES!!!! And I'm really annoyed that our agents haven't gotten the new pix up yet!
I agree with you Roth! One of the easiest things I have to do is mess with photos. We now have the ability to upload new shots of our listings ourselves, instead of having to let the office girls do them. As soon as I got those newly painted cabinets picture taken, I uploaded them from home that night to the listing. Pictures are SOOO important!

NJ...did you ever get your new pics taken?? Uploaded??

Crazy Camper Cruisers...has a real ring to it...but you all go on, I am not much of a cruise person, been on 2, that was enough for me, although it would be nice to meet you guys for real!

I am hosting my online quilting group in our local Amish Country at the end of October. We are sewing our hearts out at the Farmstead Inn and one night we will have dinner in a local Amish family home. We had a blast when they were here 2 yrs ago. if you ever want to see that..come on up. Although my dad was the black sheep of the family my Amish grammy never used anything but snaps, hooks and pins to close her dresses, always wore a covering and never cut her
hair. She gave me her love of wild birds, gardening and eventually, quilting, although we never got to actually stitch together. I used to press the treadle peddle when she was sewing. I loved going to her house!

Today I am taking my closing gift and a coffee cake to my clients new house and then going to pick up a twin bed for my guest room so my friend from Australia who is coming to visit next week has a place to sleep!

Have fun today one and all,
Hugs to all the new puppies and even the old ones
Jody

Old 08-29-2009, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodyrose View Post

I am hosting my online quilting group in our local Amish Country at the end of October. We are sewing our hearts out at the Farmstead Inn and one night we will have dinner in a local Amish family home. We had a blast when they were here 2 yrs ago. if you ever want to see that..come on up. Although my dad was the black sheep of the family my Amish grammy never used anything but snaps, hooks and pins to close her dresses, always wore a covering and never cut her [/color][/color]
[/color][color=Red][b][color=Magenta]hair. [color=Purple]She gave me her love of wild birds, gardening and eventually, quilting, although we never got to actually stitch together. I used to press the treadle peddle when she was sewing. I loved going to her house!
So your dad was Amish?!?!? What happened--he left the fold? This is very interesting history Jody!!! Please tell us all about it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate