Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: At what temperature do you keep your thermostat in the summer months?
70 7 20.00%
80 3 8.57%
76 8 22.86%
82 4 11.43%
78 7 20.00%
74 6 17.14%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 09:16 PM

11,874 posts, read 11,043,447 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
FIRST OFF:!!!!!!!!!! MIA DID GREAT. NO DAMAGE TO EYE. THANK GOD ON HOLY HIGH. Thank you JESUS!! We sat in there for an hr...waiting...........but receptionists.etc...staff..A+++++ they couldn't believe how good the kids were *whew**I was impressed myself since they don't sit still THAT long in an office!! they had coloring books and some things to play with...so at least a kid friendly office...Doc finally saw her...Poor thing had to have her eyes dialated.......plus another type of drop....then waited again and back in another room.......she had to do the eye chart....and the girl asked if she knew her alphabet...I said, show her Mia!!! Thank the Dear Lord...........she read and passed with flying colors. Doc examined her eyes...I told her I swear I thought she lost an eye....he said she was very lucky...............I promised her a nice treat later for being so good (Noah too!)...so glad it's over..I really thought there would be damage....and thank God, none. THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR PRAYERS, C21, LACEY, TEX, DOGMOM, GOLD, and everyone I forgot....thank you so much. It means the world.
Thank God - and what great kids to 'sit' still for that long. That is not an easy task for a young one. Then treats for being good. My son would kill me, but it's kind of like with animals - they're good, they get nice reward

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoymonkey View Post
Hey all, so much going on that i finally read thru, but feel bad i cant comment all the thoughts i have for each of you.
C21 how do you quote so much? can you quote and stilll move to the next page to keep reading?

Hey Stoy, you just click the multi quote tab on the bottom right corner (if you put your cursor over it it will show 'multi quote'). Then you can delete add, etc. Then if you go to bottom of page you'll see something like click here to read rest of the thread, then a second window pops up the entire thread - then you can go back and multi quote posts as far back as you need to go. Sometimes just keep it open and when you're responding to one post, you can add what you read in another one of their posts so it's more condenced.

anyway, back at work, kids back in school. tired just re-adjusting to the scedule and getting up at 530 as opposed to 8 . Dear God, 5:30 - like in the morning? I am sooo not a morning person.
already ticked off by co-worker, that i swear, has the intention to P*ss off all the students, students with anger issues!! so its my job to counsel them, and as a friend put it to me tonight, he is doubling the work i have to do, counsel their issues and put out the fires he causes. i promised myself i will SPEAK UP, which i normally dont. but whatever. Kick him in the A@@ hard - use duck tape if necessary. Doctors orders. Want me to ship you my machete

c21, happy early birthday.
Thanks for the birthday wishes

Quote:
P.S. Auntie JOY: here is a card from the twinnies!
HOGS AND KISSES X0X0
NOAH AND MIA!
Ah, that's so sweet - thank you girlfriend for both the cards. I really hope one day I get to meet your sweet little family.

Well, I'm going to stream something to help me fall asleep, clean out Albert's litter box (oh joy) but I'll try and stop in before I go nighty night. But I want to leave everyone with, well . . . something pretty appropriate.

YouTube - I Will Survive

Old 09-02-2009, 09:26 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,271,143 times
hey campers...everyone is soo busy.

Tambre, sending wishes and prayers for a successful inspection tomorrow..I have a good feeling it will be fine!

NJ, doing a happy dance that Mia's eye is ok....of course the twinnies were good at the eye doctor..they are OUR twinnies, after all...

Tex, voted for Watson...win win win..

Stoy, give em heck...like its not hard enough work for you..
I know working at the high school for years, so many of the kids have such major problems at home and school, who needs an idiot feeding them more crap..errr...

I want to go to Amish country sometime. field trip!

Lorrie, how is miss willow doing today??

Joy, party hardy girl!

Ok chat later...

Niki, will check your blog tonight...keep the faith girl...

Old 09-02-2009, 10:09 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,367,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by c21boquetebocasgold View Post
I'll catch up later but just cast my vote - Watson wins, Tex pays for cruise LOL
If Watson wins the $1,000.000.00 prize--you got it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niki View Post
Texas,
I just voted.

I posted some music videos at my blog if y'all are interested. Certain songs mean more to me at times like this.
Thanks Niki! Music always helps me through difficult times.
Quote:
Hey Tex, here's a link about Revolution - there it is prescription only by your vet; here, well just go to a pet store that carries it.

Revolution (selamectin) stops fleas and prevents heartworms.

this link describes the product including it's FDA approved

Revolution (selamectin) stops fleas and prevents heartworms.

Evidently some of these topical treatments the FDA has a problem with. At least now I know the guy at the pet store didn't lie to me when he said it was the best and we only want the best for our babies

And yeah, my people have already told me they won't allow me to work on Saturday, even if they have to cancel plans. Awwww Have some great people working with me. Must remember the 15th. You're going to be 12 too, right
Thanks for the links! Yep--that's right--12 years old!!
Quote:
FIRST OFF:!!!!!!!!!! MIA DID GREAT. NO DAMAGE TO EYE. THANK GOD ON HOLY HIGH. Thank you JESUS!! We sat in there for an hr...waiting...........but receptionists.etc...staff..A+++++ they couldn't believe how good the kids were *whew**I was impressed myself since they don't sit still THAT long in an office!! they had coloring books and some things to play with...so at least a kid friendly office...Doc finally saw her...Poor thing had to have her eyes dialated.......plus another type of drop....then waited again and back in another room.......she had to do the eye chart....and the girl asked if she knew her alphabet...I said, show her Mia!!! Thank the Dear Lord...........she read and passed with flying colors. Doc examined her eyes...I told her I swear I thought she lost an eye....he said she was very lucky...............I promised her a nice treat later for being so good (Noah too!)...so glad it's over..I really thought there would be damage....and thank God, none. THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR PRAYERS, C21, LACEY, TEX, DOGMOM, GOLD, and everyone I forgot....thank you so much. It means the world.
THANK GOD!! I am so relieved to hear this!! YEAH MIA!!! I knew they would behave in the dr's office--they are the best and cutest kids on the block.
Quote:

Tex.. I will vote for Watson too!!!!! woohooo!!!

May do Amish town sat. Busy though being Labor Day weekend....We will see. I am not sitting home waiting for a damn showing that's for sure. I would rather cut out paper dolls at Dinty Moore's LMAO.
Thanks Anne! You ROCK! One of these times, I am going to meet you in Lancaster for the week-end.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorriem View Post
Just voted.
You ROCK too Lorrie--all you dogmoms should think about entering your dogs! How is Miss Willow doing tonight?
Quote:
Well, I'm going to stream something to help me fall asleep, clean out Albert's litter box (oh joy) but I'll try and stop in before I go nighty night. But I want to leave everyone with, well . . . something pretty appropriate.

YouTube - I Will Survive
I LOVE THIS SONG!! Great "Go to H" song!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Tex, voted for Watson...win win win..

I want to go to Amish country sometime. field trip!...
Thanks Barb--You ROCK too!!
Come visit me and then we will go visit Lancaster and meet Anne there in the Spring!

Stoy--Give that teacher a talkin' to. WTH?? Why is he messing with those kids like that?

Last edited by TexasGirl@Heart; 09-02-2009 at 11:05 PM..

Old 09-02-2009, 10:34 PM

1,261 posts, read 4,270,213 times
NJ,
I'm so glad Mia's eye is okay. And I'm glad your kids did so well.

There are also songs on my playlist (bottom of my blog) that I added after things went seriously downhill.

**edited in about an hour after I wrote the above**

Texas,
I don't know if you're around, but I have a medical question. You're a nurse, right? You know I've been stressed, so that's probably all it is. I don't think it's serious. I guess I'd just like to know what the "official" name might be. I've been having heart palpitations the past few days. And I get shaky, but that's just probably because I'm not eating much. But tonight I've been having some chest pain off and on in the center of my chest. It comes and goes and I wouldn't call it severe. Earlier I was having trouble catching my breath and was breathing kind of heavily because I was trying to catch my breath. I'm still having a little difficulty, but not as bad as a couple hours ago. I don't think it's a panic attack, based on the other symptoms that were listed under "panic attack" at WebMD. And I doubt it's a heart attack.

What do you think?

Last edited by Niki; 09-02-2009 at 11:26 PM..

Old 09-03-2009, 12:04 AM

My mom is a CNA and lives about 2 minutes from me. I know if I called her she'd probably panic (she tends to panic) and want to take me to the ER. And I really don't want to go. Especially with two young children and in the middle of the night. If DH was here, he could take me and Mom could watch the kids. :-/

***edited in***
Okay, it probably is a panic/anxiety attack. I still have the symptoms, but they've eased off some.

Last edited by Niki; 09-03-2009 at 12:19 AM..

Old 09-03-2009, 04:22 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,843,220 times
Niki-I think it's anxiety-it mimics a heart attack. You have much going on and they will happen.

You may be hypoglycemic also-low sugar-and not eating will cause those shakes-happens to me. Keep some crackers nearby and eat slowly when that happens.

Deep breaths for the anxirty attacks-about 10.

Old 09-03-2009, 05:43 AM

Niki, just read your post, I went to bed early last night...

Did they go away, sounds like anxiety to me...you are not eating right, you need some protein, maybe some crackers with peanut butter or cheese and crackers....stay hydrated too....

sometimes I get anxiety attacks..they can mimic a heart attack....get a small brown bag and cup it around your nose and mouth, breathe into it slowly..that will help, if no bag around, cup your hands and do the same...

You have so much going on sweets...let us know how you are this morning

Old 09-03-2009, 06:52 AM

I'm doing better. My heart still feels a little weird and fluttery and my chest still hurts a little, but I'm breathing better.

Old 09-03-2009, 06:57 AM

Niki...B.R.E.A.T.H.E.

Old 09-03-2009, 07:34 AM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,367,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niki View Post

Texas,
I don't know if you're around, but I have a medical question. You're a nurse, right? You know I've been stressed, so that's probably all it is. I don't think it's serious. I guess I'd just like to know what the "official" name might be. I've been having heart palpitations the past few days. And I get shaky, but that's just probably because I'm not eating much. But tonight I've been having some chest pain off and on in the center of my chest. It comes and goes and I wouldn't call it severe. Earlier I was having trouble catching my breath and was breathing kind of heavily because I was trying to catch my breath. I'm still having a little difficulty, but not as bad as a couple hours ago. I don't think it's a panic attack, based on the other symptoms that were listed under "panic attack" at WebMD. And I doubt it's a heart attack.

What do you think?
I definitely think this was a panic attack. Lacey and Barb are right. The shaky feeling is most likely hypoglycemia. You need to eat and keep you blood glucose evened out. You have so much on your plate right now...maybe you could have your doctor prescribe a low dose anti-anxiety pill.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate