Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: At what temperature do you keep your thermostat in the summer months?
70 7 20.00%
80 3 8.57%
76 8 22.86%
82 4 11.43%
78 7 20.00%
74 6 17.14%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2009, 07:36 AM

2,505 posts, read 6,148,368 times

Advertisements

Morning everyone,

Hope you are all having a great holiday weekend. Painter, I would love to see a picture of your dogs, and your horses, also! Happy trails to Lacey and Mr. L.

Joy, what's the weather like now in Panama? Did you mention a rainy season? How are all your RE deals going? That is so heartwarming that Stephan called his Mom, cause he was missing you!

Roth, glad your dh is visiting, and it sounds like Sophie may take a while to warm back up, but if you feed her enough times, she's bound to come around again. How's the vomiting and diarreah? Hope she's better.

Stoy, ugh, family squabbles are the worst, and every family has them. The sniping comments are so hurtful. That's great that dh is going to say something to them. Joy, loved the video, too funny!

Thanks Lacey, Joy and Dogmom, and everyone, for your reassurance about moving away from grown kids. We're really going to miss them, but for financial reasons, we can't keep paying NY property taxes.

I heard from Hdzup3, i.e., Star. She's down in Florida and renting an apartment, loving the area, and starting a new part-time job. Her two girls are in school, and adjusting well. Her dh is still looking for work, so if you could all say a prayer for them, it would be appreciated.

Old 09-06-2009, 07:44 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,272,804 times
Tambre, thanks for the update on Star..was wondering how she is doing...will add DH to the prayer list...

Ok its 6:45 am here and the temp is 75 with 63% humidity..Am I in Florida or what...that is just nuts for desert...ugh..

Old 09-06-2009, 09:17 AM

11,874 posts, read 11,045,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post

I was gone all day today, left here at 8:30, drove the 3 blocks and picked my mom up..headed into Rancho cucamonga, which is about 68 miles to the west..my gal Ellyn who has cut my hair for 20 years, except for the last few when I was moving around, and my mom's, well she works out of her home now so we went and i got a cut and color, mom got a nice haircut, we stopped at wienerschnitzel and got hot dogs for lunch..Got her home and me back here about 2:30...i promptly took a nap. I dont drive much and I am starting to get used to it again, esp. so. cal freeways..then i got up and DP and i took a drive and got Del Taco for dinner and some flea shampoo..one of the dogs has a few fleas and we got to nip this in the bud! so here I sit tired again..

Lots of storms to the east, huge thunderclouds and lightning, nothing here, probably that leftover hurricane from mexico..anyway we came home and all our pretty palm trees blew over! So tomrorow we will right them and get them planted. Anyway it just looked funny!
Boy you were a busy bee our little Miss Tequila expert LOL And while you're right about the desert having it's own beauty, think it's nice you live in a neighborhood where people have greenery. Mixed in with some nice cactus that bloom. Very pretty. So is the concrete work finished?

Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
<<<HELLOOOO>>>> Hmmm everyone must be sleepin' in except you to, good morning Stoy and Dogmom. Barb I would send you all the grass you need if it would survive the mail! Spent a good part of yesterday cutting as usual, today we have to rake the back up. The desert has its own beauty and even here there are some that do the rock yards which I hate. Sorry but I could not handle not having the green scapes to look at.

Same here, kiddo. Love green, flowers - like rocks too. Collect them and in CO even made a small rock garden where the gutter drained so it was like a little water feature. Planted some flowers around it - course then would die when the dang snow came. My yard here has a nice flowering ground cover so don't need to mow it - loved mowing which is weird, but dang it was raking that did me (and my back) in. Finally broke down and got one with a grass catcher on it - course had to dump it out but no raking. My back just couldn't take it.

Stoy, you have a great back yard and the job you are doing is a back breaker, take it easy and dont over do it!
Ditto Stoy - and agree that even though the 'trees' are forest it makes your yard look even larger. That's what was nice about being in the mountains 'cause we were right by forest so even though ours wasn't real large, with the forest right there visually looked bigger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tambre View Post
Morning everyone,

Joy, what's the weather like now in Panama? Did you mention a rainy season? How are all your RE deals going? That is so heartwarming that Stephan called his Mom, cause he was missing you!

Well, it's sunny now and was until late afternoon yesterday - really never know if it's going to stay sunny or dump rain. Our weather patterns have been off from last year through this year due to La Nina. Anyway, last week or so been warm during the day and always cool at night - though was humid last night because we had a storm blowing through, but I woke up to sunshine.

RE deals going good now that we got rid of that one lame A@@ attorney who caused me (and her client) so much grief over a dang cash offer - then another one who told both me and his own client one thing, then we get into it and different ballgame. They're all going to close but god I hate attorneys especially when I know more about RE law than they do. Not saying I'm 'all knowing', but some of the things they tell their clients and try to tell me, well . . . just glad everyone with good attorneys now and we have several properties under contract, and people coming down who have been here before and are now ready to buy. So things picking up - huricane season is also a big time of the year for us 'cause we don't get them here.

Stefan sent me an email last night telling me he loved me - think I mentioned his great-aunt Lilly's youngest son (46) died suddenly (think a heart attack), so Stef, his dad and grandparents drove to Texas for the service today. I was complaining about birthday when I realized at least I woke up, you know? Really puts things into perspective so now every morning I thank God that I woke up that day.

Roth, glad your dh is visiting, and it sounds like Sophie may take a while to warm back up, but if you feed her enough times, she's bound to come around again. How's the vomiting and diarreah? Hope she's better. Deli ham, Roth LOL Works like a charm every time Albert wasn't real happy with me either after Vet visits - now he sees his carrier and I know he is thinking 'what else can this woman have removed from me' LOL and I'll be she was sneaking up on the bed with you at night and you just didn't feel her 'cause she doesn't weigh a lot.

Stoy, ugh, family squabbles are the worst, and every family has them. The sniping comments are so hurtful. That's great that dh is going to say something to them. Joy, loved the video, too funny! I watched that and LMAO - was thinking about Stoy and thought the 'ending' was too good not to share. So Stoy, next time take a 'meat' pie and put dog food in MIL slice LOL

Thanks Lacey, Joy and Dogmom, and everyone, for your reassurance about moving away from grown kids. We're really going to miss them, but for financial reasons, we can't keep paying NY property taxes. Some of the states are just so high don't know how anyone can afford to live in areas like that. Ugh. It is hard leaving our kids, regardless of age, but at some point everyone needs to do what's best for them. It could have been 'them' moving away for a job or something - this could actually be a very good thing for them to be on their own so to speak. And it's not like they don't have an option to move to MO, so . . . they're grown ups so can make up their mind on where they want to live. But I feel your pain, girl. It's hard no matter how old they are 'cause they'll always be our babies.

I heard from Hdzup3, i.e., Star. She's down in Florida and renting an apartment, loving the area, and starting a new part-time job. Her two girls are in school, and adjusting well. Her dh is still looking for work, so if you could all say a prayer for them, it would be appreciated.
We'll keep her in our prayers with other campers in need.

So to everyone else, hope you're having a good holiday weekend - a lot of people traveling now. I'm just listening to the chickens, the fruit and veggie guys already been by with 'today's special' and I need to clean Albert's litter. I swear for an animal that does nothing but sleep all day, he eats, pees and poops like he lives in the wild or something. Whining at me 'cause it's a little dirty - just cleaned the dang thing out but he's so picky. I'll pop back in later as I'm not going to do jack this weekend - tomorrow is Monday and the work will still be there (unfortunately)

Old 09-06-2009, 09:56 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,443,845 times
Oh boy ----Talk about karma, lol, some of you know about the folks I had to evict when the contract fell apart on my house last year. The fools who trashed my place and cost me abunch of time and money. Well it looks like Karma came and bit them on the a**! The gal didn't do a change of address but the guy did so they came here to repo her fancy truck!!! Then I got on public records and found out they are in pre=forclosure since the first of the yr. OKAY, SEE ALL THINGS HAPPEN FOR A REASON!! What would of happen IF I had been stupid enough to do the financing they wanted,,,,,,,oh I would of been in deep deep dodododo for sure.
I know how it feels to be in a financial hurt and I don't wish it on anyone but dang it all it could not of happen to a "nicer" couple! They had caused me so many problems and trashed this place, wish I could see what they do to the NEW place if they loose it. Can only imagine.........

Old 09-06-2009, 10:11 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,272,804 times
I am heading back to bed, girls..got 3 hrs sleep...all 3 doglets got flea baths, found a couple on the dal. how on earth do you have fleas in a dirt backyard..I hate fleas...now i have to change the linens since they tend to snuggle with us, etc...bah...next vet trip they get the tick/flea stuff, what is that frontline, or whatever...give them a pill once a month..used to use it when we lived in the foothills mostly for heartworm. I can't think of what that stuff is called, but the vet will need to do bloodwork first, bah.

Anyway I saw this online and needed to share...glad the lady wasn't on the pot:-/
William Maser Fires Cannon, Damages Neighboring Home In Georges Township, Fayette County - cbs2.com (http://cbs2.com/watercooler/cannon.damages.home.2.1163999.html - broken link)

Old 09-06-2009, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Oh boy ----Talk about karma, lol, some of you know about the folks I had to evict when the contract fell apart on my house last year. The fools who trashed my place and cost me abunch of time and money. Well it looks like Karma came and bit them on the a**! The gal didn't do a change of address but the guy did so they came here to repo her fancy truck!!! Then I got on public records and found out they are in pre=forclosure since the first of the yr. OKAY, SEE ALL THINGS HAPPEN FOR A REASON!! What would of happen IF I had been stupid enough to do the financing they wanted,,,,,,,oh I would of been in deep deep dodododo for sure.
I know how it feels to be in a financial hurt and I don't wish it on anyone but dang it all it could not of happen to a "nicer" couple! They had caused me so many problems and trashed this place, wish I could see what they do to the NEW place if they loose it. Can only imagine.........
Well, you certainly were protected and like you said about Karma

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
I am heading back to bed, girls..got 3 hrs sleep...all 3 doglets got flea baths, found a couple on the dal. how on earth do you have fleas in a dirt backyard..I hate fleas...now i have to change the linens since they tend to snuggle with us, etc...bah...next vet trip they get the tick/flea stuff, what is that frontline, or whatever...give them a pill once a month..used to use it when we lived in the foothills mostly for heartworm. I can't think of what that stuff is called, but the vet will need to do bloodwork first, bah.

Anyway I saw this online and needed to share...glad the lady wasn't on the pot:-/
William Maser Fires Cannon, Damages Neighboring Home In Georges Township, Fayette County - cbs2.com (http://cbs2.com/watercooler/cannon.damages.home.2.1163999.html - broken link)
Dear God, are you sure these aren't Carol's neighbors. Holy Moly - a CANNON! Yeah, thank god that poor woman wasn't sitting on the pot - course a cannonball comes flying in my house I'm gonna myself so, maybe would have been a good idea. Unfrickinbelievable how stupid some people [guys] are.

Old 09-06-2009, 01:49 PM

11,826 posts, read 34,430,278 times
People are nearly unbelieveable.

Is it that since people are losing what they have, they think they can "make it up" by taking it from other people?

I had a BA agreement with a buyer, minimum commission is 2.8%. I have asked him before what he wants to do if the coop is not sufficient. The choices are to see the property and buyer makes up the difference, see the property and ask the seller to cover the additional closing costs, or skip the property.

He opts to skip it, for the first time. Then 15 minutes before we were originally suppose to meet, he calls and says lets see it. "I am sorry, I have other plans now, you opted to skip it last night. Can we reschedule for later?"

"No, I called the listing broker - he will show it to me without the additional fee."

"Ok then. Hope you have a nice life. I'll email over the BA termination."

"No. that's not what I want. If the property coop is not ok, I'll just see it with the listing broker, so I don't owe you more money. I want you to be my agent."

"Sorry, that is not the way I work. The release will be in your inbox today."

"Well, I won't sign it. You will have to continue to be my agent.

"Ok. Bye"

Y'all think I will show him another house?

Old 09-06-2009, 02:04 PM

1,869 posts, read 4,022,807 times
He sounds like a 5 year old! "you have to play with me!"

Love the story, Painter!

Old 09-06-2009, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bindenver View Post
People are nearly unbelieveable.

Is it that since people are losing what they have, they think they can "make it up" by taking it from other people?

I had a BA agreement with a buyer, minimum commission is 2.8%. I have asked him before what he wants to do if the coop is not sufficient. The choices are to see the property and buyer makes up the difference, see the property and ask the seller to cover the additional closing costs, or skip the property.

He opts to skip it, for the first time. Then 15 minutes before we were originally suppose to meet, he calls and says lets see it. "I am sorry, I have other plans now, you opted to skip it last night. Can we reschedule for later?"

"No, I called the listing broker - he will show it to me without the additional fee."

"Ok then. Hope you have a nice life. I'll email over the BA termination."

"No. that's not what I want. If the property coop is not ok, I'll just see it with the listing broker, so I don't owe you more money. I want you to be my agent."

"Sorry, that is not the way I work. The release will be in your inbox today."

"Well, I won't sign it. You will have to continue to be my agent.

"Ok. Bye"

Y'all think I will show him another house?
What are the more 'norm' rates there now? They used to be in the range of 2.8% to begin with but that was several years ago. Course if he did sign a BA then that's what he agreed to do, but most times the BIC will side with the client (even when client is wrong - 'almost' happened to me).

Guess if it's a short sale or something where it's a ton of work for like $1000, I'd pass - but really depends on situation. I only had one where the buyer made up the difference between co-op and what I charged as buyer agent and that was major relocation.

So what's the difference between the broker co-op and the minimum 2.8% that was in the BA? Personally? Unless you'd essentially be working for free, I wouldn't just release him because it could cause negativity (i.e., him talking smack about you, etc). Down here where so many other brokerages have non-exclusive listings at 5%, our co-op is 2.5% - yeah, I'd rather it be more but if my buyer wants a property listed with another brokerage, I'll take the 2.5%, But that's JMO and I'm not living in the land of SS and REOs, Joy

Old 09-06-2009, 02:33 PM

1,261 posts, read 4,271,122 times
Did I tell y'all that I'm going to try to get a second job? I don't like it (you can read why at my blog), but you do what you gotta do. I don't know if I'll actually be able to find a job in this economy, especially one that will allow me to only work while my kids are at school. No nights or weekends. 10:00-2:00. If it's meant to be, it'll happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate