Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: At what temperature do you keep your thermostat in the summer months?
70 7 20.00%
80 3 8.57%
76 8 22.86%
82 4 11.43%
78 7 20.00%
74 6 17.14%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2009, 06:59 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,370,519 times

Advertisements

OK...my sound is not working on my PC...I unplugged the speakers and rebooted the PC..still no sound. The light is on on the speakers. I don't understand. HELP! I can't listen to Joy's video.

Old 09-07-2009, 07:31 PM

11,874 posts, read 11,045,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoymonkey View Post
Good morning. C21, it's Labor Day here, so I'm off again today. Cleaning and back to my yard project.
Niki, hope things work out for you today.
hey Barb and Tambre, plans for the day?
Wow - I thought I had a hard day! You go girl! Movin' rock around is really hard work. It was warm (dare I say hot?) today, sunny and I was stuck behind a computer Did pop outside as much as I could to just bask in the sun LOL - got a bit of a tan too

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Happy Monday, Joy! Just waking up here.....
And happy monday to you too Barb! So how was your weekend? What did you and Carl do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Yep Dogmom, WE really need to get a life, lol!!! Nothing going on here that is for sure, worked in the yard for an hour or so but it got windy and the clouds are rolling in so I quit. Its unusually quiet here, not even the fisherman are driving by on the way to the river. Guess everyone is out visiting elsewhere. How about you, thought you would be on the patio cranking up a grill for sure?
Carol - que paso? Kind of nice though when it's quiet - just the sound of grass growing, horsies neighing (God I'm jealous). On and off noisy in town today, and I just have to laugh or . . we have independence celebrations coming up in NOVEMBER, but all the kids start practicing their drums about now. Nothing quite like being on an international call and having to go out back so there's no drum noise in the background. When we have the 'actual' holiday (2 independence celebrations) I just close the office 'cause it's just too noisy. Thing is it can be quiet one minute, then all of a sudden bang, bang, bang. Think they come out and do it during recess 'cause not all day with school - just enough to be a tad annoying LOL This would be why when Stef was a little guy and a friend bought him a drum set, the kid never saw it - then I paid my friend back good (and made sure I put it straight in her kids hands so she couldn't take it away without looking like Mommie Dearest)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tambre View Post
Hi everyone, hope you're all having a relaxing Labor Day. It's the same old, same old around here. Went clothes shopping at Kohls, and then food shopping. It seems like all the styles, you need to wear two shirts at the same time, as the vee necklines are cut so low. I got two sweaters, but it will probably be too warm to wear them to work tomorrow, so back to the closet, hoping something miraculously jumps out.

We're going to a family wedding in NC this coming weekend, driving down on Thursday and coming back on Monday. It's being held at the Orton Plantation, which is near Wilmington. So, we are renting a condo at Carolina Beach.

We actually had a showing yesterday. We figured that with Murphy's Law, we should keep the property on the market until the contract is signed and we are closer to a closing. We also were able to meet with the buyers inspector (he came back to pick up the radon test cans). He said the buyers are very excited. That made us feel really good. He complimented my dh on some of the woodworking carpentry he had done, which was also really nice to hear. That's about it. What's everyone else up to?

So far, we have put 86 batts of insulation in the crawlspace...almost done! Only about 10 more to go.
I can't even count the number of times I stand in front of the closet, or what I use for one, thinking if I just stand there long enough suddenly something 'new' will appear. Literally stand there, going from one side to another like 'poof' there will be something different. 'course then I snap out of it and just grab something - but what's up with that? Talked to too many friends who do the same thing - but hey, we play the odds maybe one of these times something 'new' will magically appear LOL

So happy on the house and I'll bet DH is all proud that his woodworking skills were noticed. I'm soooooo excited for you two!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoymonkey View Post
Tex, girl, Welcome Home, hope you and Watson had a great trip!!
I went through everything - where is Tex? I didn't see any post? Shel, where you hiding girl?

GF sorry things so screwy with DH - just keep moving forward and try not to read too much into things. If it's meant to be, it'll happen but been there myself girl. Just focus on you and the kids, and if DH gets his act together he will - if not, then you'll be in a better and stronger place.

I didn't proof this, so forgive misspellings or anything as I'm watching new episode of CSI, relaxing and counting days until my assistant gets back - my office in Bocas got moved today and I was there in 'spirit' and cell phone LOL Had friends callin' going 'so what's up with the 2nd office in town?' So had to explain we were moving further down main street. Anyway, was telling people leave this, toss that, sell this . . . actually, think this was my favorite move; didn't have to carry anything LOL

Old 09-07-2009, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
OK...my sound is not working on my PC...I unplugged the speakers and rebooted the PC..still no sound. The light is on on the speakers. I don't understand. HELP! I can't listen to Joy's video.
THERE YOU ARE!!! When I first started typing, in between CSI, you hadn't posted. Let me get to a dang commercial (very exciting episode) and I will solve all your computer problems LOL (Hopefully)

Old 09-07-2009, 07:34 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,272,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Yep Dogmom, WE really need to get a life, lol!!! Nothing going on here that is for sure, worked in the yard for an hour or so but it got windy and the clouds are rolling in so I quit. Its unusually quiet here, not even the fisherman are driving by on the way to the river. Guess everyone is out visiting elsewhere. How about you, thought you would be on the patio cranking up a grill for sure?
Hey girl..no bbq for us, we had leftover pizza for dinner and a cold one. we will bbq one night this week, my cousin is flying down from WA Wed night, will be here for 2 weeks and we will bbq for sure...she is going to stay here with the doglets while we are on our cruise next week, and also get to spend time and cook for my mom and dad. Her mom and my mom were sisters, her mom passed about 15 years ago. Donna loves to cook, so that is a good thing!

Just chillaxin tonight...

Old 09-07-2009, 08:16 PM

Quote:
OK - not new episode of CSI but new for me so had to finish it up. First check to make sure you didn't accidently mute or turn down the sound (bottom of your screen double click on your volume icon). Sometimes the 'PC speaker' and/or 'volume control' - there are several different choices on sound- can accidently get muted or turned way down. Also make sure you didn't accidently plug your speakers into the wrong hole, no pun LOL.

I would think one of those would work unless someone really messed around with your settings. If so you can also go into your control panel under 'sounds and audio devices' and make sure it's set up for your type of computer and 'speakers' and check the volume there. (there's an advanced tab)

Also and I've actually done this so don't laugh at me, but I've accidently had the sound knob on my speaker get turned down, I didn't notice it until I tried everything else then I realized that the sound knob had been turned way down so no sound. See if any of this works. If not, I'll wrack my brain a bit more. Good to have you and Watson home (albiet 'muted')

Old 09-07-2009, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by c21boquetebocasgold View Post
OK - not new episode of CSI but new for me so had to finish it up. First check to make sure you didn't accidently mute or turn down the sound (bottom of your screen double click on your volume icon). Sometimes the 'PC speaker' and/or 'volume control' - there are several different choices on sound- can accidently get muted or turned way down. Also make sure you didn't accidently plug your speakers into the wrong hole, no pun LOL.

I would think one of those would work unless someone really messed around with your settings. If so you can also go into your control panel under 'sounds and audio devices' and make sure it's set up for your type of computer and 'speakers' and check the volume there. (there's an advanced tab)

Also and I've actually done this so don't laugh at me, but I've accidently had the sound knob on my speaker get turned down, I didn't notice it until I tried everything else then I realized that the sound knob had been turned way down so no sound. See if any of this works. If not, I'll wrack my brain a bit more. Good to have you and Watson home (albiet 'muted')
I did all of those things...still no sound. Every time I go away...something happens to my damn computer. I am going to try rebooting again. BRB!

Old 09-07-2009, 09:03 PM

Quote:
I did all of those things...still no sound. Every time I go away...something happens to my damn computer. I am going to try rebooting again. BRB!
Well, I'll see if I can think of anything else - usually one of the above usually works. Of course now I'm going to obsess all night - dang being O/C. I can see me waking up in the middle of the night going 'oh! this could be the problem'

Maybe even go to windows help/diagnostics and see if there's a topic on this that lists a 'solution' that I didn't think of.

Old 09-07-2009, 09:03 PM

I tried rebooting...I tried restoring to an earlier point in time...no luck...no sound. I just unplugged the speaker port to the modem and replugged it back in...let's see if that works...

Old 09-07-2009, 09:07 PM

Quote:
I tried rebooting...I tried restoring to an earlier point in time...no luck...no sound. I just unplugged the speaker port to the modem and replugged it back in...let's see if that works...
Well I'm waiting with baited breath. (and when you say modem, are you meaning your internet modem?) IF SO, try rebooting your modem as well (unplug it for like 10 seconds, then plug back in). If you're talking about a 'dial up' modem, never mind.

And if neither of those kinds of modems, what kind of modem are you 'plugging your speaker port' into?

Last edited by JustJoy; 09-07-2009 at 09:10 PM.. Reason: addition

Old 09-07-2009, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by c21boquetebocasgold View Post
Well I'm waiting with baited breath. (and when you say modem, are you meaning your internet modem?) IF SO, try rebooting your modem as well (unplug it for like 10 seconds, then plug back in). If you're talking about a 'dial up' modem, never mind.

And if neither of those kinds of modems, what kind of modem are you 'plugging your speaker port' into?
I'm wired for sound again!!! I unplugged the speaker jack to the back of the tower (that modum) and then plugged it back in and wa la---SOUND, glorious sound!!!

Now to figure out what page your video is on!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate