Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: At what temperature do you keep your thermostat in the summer months?
70 7 20.00%
80 3 8.57%
76 8 22.86%
82 4 11.43%
78 7 20.00%
74 6 17.14%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2009, 01:39 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,367,988 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoymonkey View Post
Tex, my DH has been a big Tampa fan for many many years. don't know why, never lived in Fla or anything like that. I used to pick a different team each year, whatever team had nice uniforms. seriously.
He's watching Philly and Carolina right now.
Too funny about picking a new team every year! So which team got the nod from you this year? My nephew loves Tampa Bay...I did manage to convert him into a Steelers fan when we started winning SB's again! He still likes Tampa, but he is more of a Steeler fan now!

Old 09-13-2009, 02:47 PM

1,261 posts, read 4,270,213 times
Hey, y'all.

I'm not feeling well today. Sinuses - stuffy, sore throat, pressure, pain (though ibuprofen took care of that), sleepy.

Hope everyone is well.

Old 09-13-2009, 04:17 PM

11,874 posts, read 11,043,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Hey all I have a pot roast with veggies doing it's thing in the pot here, slow cook and I beat the day lights out of it with the hammer. Will also be making corn bread so......come on down!
I'm flying in now - my fridge is pitiful which means so will my dinner. Roast and corn bread. Yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmy.

Stoy that's so funny your favorite teams are the ones with the nicest jerseys LOL

Boooooooooo Vikings - pseudo grew up in MN so I always root against any team from MN. Not too petty is it

Tex, sure wish they didn't keep resetting votes each week - anyway, I was Watson's first today so we need to get going girls.

Lacey, glad you're having fun! Have no idea about these food stores you all are talking about other than it's making me hungry.

Okay, back to stand in front of the fridge to see if anything has 'magically' appeared from the last time I checked.

Old 09-13-2009, 06:13 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,443,053 times
Well the roast was wonderful if I do say so myself, I am so stuffed though. There was complete silence at the table so that is how I know everyone like it, and empty plates! I made extra carrots to put in the drippings for the boys, now they are happily sleeping at my feet, all is well now. I was asked to do chicken/dressing on Tues for my dd with peaches n cream for dessert. Okee dokie, can you all see the weight I lost coming back soon?

Was watching the Redskins and the Giants, I 'm a Manning QB fan and will be calling my bil here in a minute to razz him on the skins losing! He was a linebacker for them many life times ago, so he will not be a happy man to night for sure, lol.

Lacey, You wont get competion from me, I imagine you can cook circles around me. I actually like to cook IF there are enough mouths to feed at the table. Nothing fancy just home cooking, I am half Northern and half Southern so you never know what will happen.

Joy, You are not alone I stand in the fridge too, always wanting something that is not there. I'll shut the door and go back in 10 mins and look again like it is gonna just appear out of no where, lol. Just dont let me catch anyone else standing with the door open with that blank stare on their faces.

Old 09-13-2009, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Well the roast was wonderful if I do say so myself, I am so stuffed though. There was complete silence at the table so that is how I know everyone like it, and empty plates! I made extra carrots to put in the drippings for the boys, now they are happily sleeping at my feet, all is well now. I was asked to do chicken/dressing on Tues for my dd with peaches n cream for dessert. Okee dokie, can you all see the weight I lost coming back soon?

Was watching the Redskins and the Giants, I 'm a Manning QB fan and will be calling my bil here in a minute to razz him on the skins losing! He was a linebacker for them many life times ago, so he will not be a happy man to night for sure, lol.

Lacey, You wont get competion from me, I imagine you can cook circles around me. I actually like to cook IF there are enough mouths to feed at the table. Nothing fancy just home cooking, I am half Northern and half Southern so you never know what will happen.

Joy, You are not alone I stand in the fridge too, always wanting something that is not there. I'll shut the door and go back in 10 mins and look again like it is gonna just appear out of no where, lol. Just dont let me catch anyone else standing with the door open with that blank stare on their faces.
I am not even going to tell you what I had for dinner - and had to rep you for the absolute WORSE open house story. OMG a dead body and offer of a threesome? One, well, perverted . . . . but a dead body

Glad I'm not the only one who stands in front of the fridge thinking if I open the door again something (like your dang roast) will magically appear. I did not have roast

Old 09-13-2009, 08:03 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,367,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by c21boquetebocasgold View Post
Tex, sure wish they didn't keep resetting votes each week - anyway, I was Watson's first today so we need to get going girls.

Okay, back to stand in front of the fridge to see if anything has 'magically' appeared from the last time I checked.
Someone had 290 votes the first day! Tell me that dang contest isn't rigged!!! Thanks for your votes Joy!

I, too, stand in front of the frig hoping something tastey will magically appear!!
Quote:
That desert sounds AWESOME!!! I love peaches! How do you make it?
My friend in VA is a Redskins fan--bet she isn't too happy tonight!
Home cooking is the BEST there is!

Old 09-13-2009, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
Someone had 290 votes the first day! Tell me that dang contest isn't rigged!!! Thanks for your votes Joy!

I, too, stand in front of the frig hoping something tastey will magically appear!!
Well this dang thing has to be rigged if it 'resets' on Sunday at midnight 'cause I voted first thing this morning - at least what was first thing for me 'cause I stayed up too late. I'm P'od - probably the dog with 290 votes first day is someone connected with contest

Where's my dang machete! I'm going a huntin'

Old 09-14-2009, 06:38 AM

Morning Can not believe I am the first here!

Joy, My sis was a C21 agent for years and some of the stories, well, lets just say she had some doozies! But the OD was one of many she will never forget. The couple on the floor, now that was just to funny. She showed up with a Bapt. preacher and his wife in tow, said it reminded her of the Streak song, he covered his wife's eye while he stared on at the women.

Tex I'll go get the recipe for you and post it, so dang good!

Old 09-14-2009, 06:41 AM

PEACHES N CREAM

3/4 C reg. flour
1/2 t. salt
3 Tbl. butter
1 egg
1 tsp. baking powder
3 1/4 oz vanilla pudding mix-not instant stuff
1/2 C milk

mix all together and pour into a greased pan 8x8

1 lg. can sliced peaches (save the juice) and put peaches on top of batter

then mix together:
8 oz. of fat free cream cheese, 1/2 C sugar and 3 TBLS of the peach juice and drop into pan.

Sprinkle top with 1 TBL sugar and 1/2 tsp. cinnamon.

bake at 350 for about 30 min till crust is golden.

store in fridge any left overs!

Old 09-14-2009, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Morning Can not believe I am the first here!

Joy, My sis was a C21 agent for years and some of the stories, well, lets just say she had some doozies! But the OD was one of many she will never forget. The couple on the floor, now that was just to funny. She showed up with a Bapt. preacher and his wife in tow, said it reminded her of the Streak song, he covered his wife's eye while he stared on at the women.

Tex I'll go get the recipe for you and post it, so dang good!
And I'm 2nd - this is tooooooooo scary LOL OMG a Babt. preacher and, of course, covering his wife's eyes while HE stared. Talk about being well . . . So how'd the open house go? Get any action? It was this weekend, right? Every day just rolls into the next down here so I never know what day it is and my brain, well . . .

So Tex just votedddddd for Watson! HA Do think that thing rigged 'cause no way one dog got that many votes in 14 hours but anyway I got him up there a bit more LOL

Lacey, you having fun girl? The GK making you cook your fingers to the bone? So glad you two were able to make the trip.

NJ - are you out there 'waiting' for the dang bus? How was the weekend?

Stoy - hope this week is good and people behave themselves instead of giving you so much grief. Shame things there would be considered illegal 'cause I personally would just have my machete propped up on the wall for 'decoration'. Hey maybe you could say it's an antique from Panama to get away with it Just have it in a holder on your wall for 'encouragement' so everyone plays nice

Sara, thinking and praying for you girl. Bless your heart. XXOO

Goldy wherefore art thou? Haven't seen hide nor hair of ya in forever!

Jody, you must be out selling a million houses - you need to take your act on the road like a Carnie and go from camper to camper house and sell theirs.

Barb, you should be on the ship, having some drinks by now and RELAXING! So glad you and Carl were able to do this and do not worry about ANYTHING. Captain's orders!

Lorrie, hope you are doing good and keeping little Willow in my prayers. Hope she's doing better

HDL same here with your little fella. Know your busy but pop in sometime just to say hi!

Wisteria get off that dang beach girl! Glad you're obviously happy and busy in your new life - know that's why you haven't been around 'cause you have a great life now (as I sit here typing LOL)

Know I'm missing campers but dang Albert won't even let me type in peace. He always wakes up whiney - no idea why 'cause he sleeps next to me all night so not like I haven't been there. Clean litter, water and food so what the heck is there to whine about. If anyone should be whining, dang it it's me. I'm afraid, very afraid to even open my email didn't work over the weekend so I know there's probably 60 or so new emails. Ugh. That's what I get though. Oh well. I'll pop back in later.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate