Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: At what temperature do you keep your thermostat in the summer months?
70 7 20.00%
80 3 8.57%
76 8 22.86%
82 4 11.43%
78 7 20.00%
74 6 17.14%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2009, 11:22 AM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,372,237 times

Advertisements

Anne--does this mean you are IN for the cruise?!?!? C'mon girls--get it booked!!!
Well, my sister and I have a porthole...actually I wouldn't care because I only plan to be in that cabin to sleep, shower and potty! All other times, I will be on the Lido deck partying and drinking my A$$ off!! (oh and eating choc melting cake every night!)

Is anyone's birthday in Jan? We could celebrate! Hey...Anne--isn't your birthday in Jan??? I do plan on ordering a cake to celebrate my sister's 60th birthday! Her birthday was in Aug...but I told her the cruise is us celebrating her reaching a healthy 60!

Old 09-25-2009, 12:02 PM

5,273 posts, read 7,347,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
Anne--does this mean you are IN for the cruise?!?!? C'mon girls--get it booked!!!
Well, my sister and I have a porthole...actually I wouldn't care because I only plan to be in that cabin to sleep, shower and potty! All other times, I will be on the Lido deck partying and drinking my A$$ off!! (oh and eating choc melting cake every night!)

Is anyone's birthday in Jan? We could celebrate! Hey...Anne--isn't your birthday in Jan??? I do plan on ordering a cake to celebrate my sister's 60th birthday! Her birthday was in Aug...but I told her the cruise is us celebrating her reaching a healthy 60!
I guess you are right LOL>> Yea what does it matter since we will be out on deck having a great time!! WOOT!! lol... I keep thinking my hub and kids would be with me LOL>>>>>>>>

Still thinking about it but just more seriously now!

Yes, my birthday is Jan. 29th! Of course I will be turning 45!! crap 5 more years to 50 then LOL>>>>>>>>>>If I go you can do what Lacey did-- Happy Birthday Everyone LOL>>>>>>>>>>

Old 09-25-2009, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
If I go you can do what Lacey did-- Happy Birthday Everyone LOL>>>>>>>>>>
That's a great idea!

Old 09-25-2009, 12:24 PM

5,273 posts, read 7,347,457 times
Default OFF TOPIC!Advice/ Counseling needed here!!

Ok, this has been bugging the shat out of me for MONTHS.

I think I told some of you that my hub's company had a plane crash about 6 months ago-- killing all 50 people.. Ok, my family (well, I should say, extended -the cousins/aunt/etc..that live here in NJ).....KNOW my hub works for the airline that crashed and I had people call me from all over asking if Scott was ok, etc.... OK, not one of them picked up the phone to call us about this! It was all over the news NON-STOP (since he is based in NJ) it was on the local news also even though it crashed in NY. Anyway, I called my cousin *(whom I thought I was close to his wife *who was like a sister to me* and my cousin-who I grew up with and was like a brother to me)..I got their machine and left a message about Scott's plane...etc.. No return call...2 weeks go by, and nothing! still ALL OVER THE NEWS. I talked to a good friend of mine and told her everything and she said, call them and tell them you were pretty hurt over this--etc. So of course, voice mail, and I said, in a nice tone but concerned--said I haven't heard from you guys....nor Aunt so and so nor cousin so and so....I am surprised that you never got back to me..and told them my hub was supp. to be on the flight a few days before but changed ....etc..just basically said I was just really upset that no one called..........and said ok, see ya later...........and hung up................. NO CALL BACK. 9 MONTHS LATER NOW. They live 20 minutes from us. It disgusts me to NO end. We moved to this state 2 years ago and they live a short distance from us..Ironically my cousin's wife's mom lives around the corner from me!! wth! They know we have nobody else here in the state! and they are the only family I have in this state. My cousin and his wife are also the godparents to BOTH of my kids. Last time we saw them it was for my kids' bday and they came over for cake....said our goodbyes and everything was fine.
I see my cousins wife on Ebay all the time posting new stuff so obviously they are fine!
My cousin's mom and my mom were sisters. My aunt (who is a ***** actually and condescending, rude and insulting-think I mentioned her)Her mentality is just over the top...if a woman doesn't work she is a nobody basically! I have worked all my life and had my twins and worked pt time...then decided to take a few years off for now...to be with them!None of her business actually! but her daughter is a nasty biotch who is stuck in a **** marriage..and knows I have a good marriage etc... She will insult you in front of anyone who is in a room! Last time I saw her was last Xmas after we went to dinner there and told her my hub's father died, and never heard from the raggy biiotch again which is fine with me...because I didn't feel like going to holiday dinners there when she was insulting me!!!!!! It actually made her feel better when I saw how she would insult me and then smile afterwards!! is that sick?And to think she is my mother's sister.And she is supposed to be a Christian!who constantly would rag on anyone who was not Catholic! My mom would be rolling in her grave if she knew.........
Anyway, I sent an email recently to my cousin's email address telling her/him about Mia's freak accident. OMG., not even a response back! I was floored. They are my kids godparents. When I leave here I wont even look back when we move...It ripped my heart in half to know that these people I thought I called "family" didn't even respond about my daughter's horrid accident. Purely shocked to say the least.What the hell?
As some of you know I have not spoken to my brother *my only brother* in about 15 yrs...(after my mom died -big mess---long story)
You cannot pick your family, can you?????
I do feel like cutting my losses and letting it go. Obviously no one on that end gives a ****! I just cannot get over that they don't even care how my kids are..They are their family..and godparents.

Old 09-25-2009, 12:24 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,851,350 times
NJSocks-someone went to Fusciello's in FR and brought Italian pastries to the bar-b-cue-you have GOT to get there. Also try the chicken cordon bleu at GB and the breaded pork cutlets. I got 5 lbs of pulled pork for the BBQ and not one drop left. Plus 2 turkey london broils from Fusciello's marinated in garlic,olive oil and lemon-so very good.

Old 09-25-2009, 12:34 PM

2,364 posts, read 4,872,604 times
I'm soooo jealous of all the cruising talk! I have been twice, but hubby isn't the best partyer in the world. He tends to turn into a wallflower when he has a drink and is among a lot of people. Would love to go with girlfriends instead. Hmmm........maybe someday DD and I can go by ourselves. Alas, no money to do that right now no matter how good the price. Although I do have a problem with motion sickness, so I just have to wear the "patch" all the time as nothing else helps.

What the..........Oh, geez, the cat just fell off the window sill again! She is a bit of a klutz. This time she caught herself 1/2 way down (hopefully she didn't scratch the paint clawing her way down). Woman at the rescue says it's because of the botched declawing, but I'm wondering because it seems to be the back-end that staggers sometimes.

Barb......So glad to hear the doc can maybe help you with your pain. Hopefully that and less stress (after you get your remodels done) will help make life better.

Lacey.....Welcome back! Glad to see you had a great time.

Joy......Yes, I am totally annoyed by the copying. In fact, every time I look out the back door and see their new wall, my blood pressure rises. I would love to do something to ours that would blow them all out of the water. But no hopes of anything until the other house sells or we find a very rich benefactor! There are so many things going on around here that are getting on my nerves lately (neighbor's motorcycle seems to have gotten louder) that I really do need a vacation to get away, I think. And I don't think a week with DH in February is going to make it. I just need some peace, quite and serenity. And I can't even sit out on my back patio and drink wine because I get eaten up by mosquitoes!

Tex.........Don't you just hate no shows! How rude can people be. They know that you go to all that trouble to get the house ready for showing, yet they couldn't care less. I will be so glad to get rid of that place so that I NEVER have to go through this again!! Selling this place will be DD's problem and not mine! And I won't be around to care.

A big hello to everybody out there. I think I may take the convertible out for a drive just to clear my head.

Old 09-25-2009, 03:18 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,851,350 times
Roth taking a long ride may help. You have been under such a strain and your nerve endings must be jangled. Are you near a lake or any body of water? That always worked to de-stress me.

Wow I am tired today, up way too early. So Mr. L suggested pizza.

Old 09-25-2009, 03:28 PM

1,869 posts, read 4,023,319 times
Nj, i'm sure they care, just never thought to pick up the phone. which is stupid. i would be mad too. sorry you feel bad about it. does it help to know WE care??
Inspection tomorrow morning. the buyers don't come, do they? how long is normal til we hear back about it? does it go to us or only to buyers and they tell us if they want anything done?

ok, some advice and thoughts needed. last time we were in Colorado 1 1/2 yrs ago we met with a great realtor, we couldnt ask for anyone better. completely understood us, "got" us, and felt the same way we do when she moved to Co years earllier. we kept in touch last year, thinking we would sell and kept her updated. she sent us listings, too. then when we listed back in March, i contacted her again, she had changed realty agencies but was changing back to where we first met her. updated her again about being back on market and whatever. so the other day i emailed her that we are under contract and will be out to buy a house soon. got the email back that it was invalid. so i called the number i had. she called and emailed me, too.
so here's what's interesting. her email came from Hotmail, not her agency based email. i emailed back telling her more of our situation, some mls's we're looking at, and asked what agency are you now with. the response i got was again from Hotmail, no answer to what agency are you with and that her system was down and she couldnt access the mls. what would you all think??

Old 09-25-2009, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
Ok, this has been bugging the shat out of me for MONTHS.

I think I told some of you that my hub's company had a plane crash about 6 months ago-- killing all 50 people.. Ok, my family (well, I should say, extended -the cousins/aunt/etc..that live here in NJ).....KNOW my hub works for the airline that crashed and I had people call me from all over asking if Scott was ok, etc.... OK, not one of them picked up the phone to call us about this! It was all over the news NON-STOP (since he is based in NJ) it was on the local news also even though it crashed in NY. Anyway, I called my cousin *(whom I thought I was close to his wife *who was like a sister to me* and my cousin-who I grew up with and was like a brother to me)..I got their machine and left a message about Scott's plane...etc.. No return call...2 weeks go by, and nothing! still ALL OVER THE NEWS. I talked to a good friend of mine and told her everything and she said, call them and tell them you were pretty hurt over this--etc. So of course, voice mail, and I said, in a nice tone but concerned--said I haven't heard from you guys....nor Aunt so and so nor cousin so and so....I am surprised that you never got back to me..and told them my hub was supp. to be on the flight a few days before but changed ....etc..just basically said I was just really upset that no one called..........and said ok, see ya later...........and hung up................. NO CALL BACK. 9 MONTHS LATER NOW. They live 20 minutes from us. It disgusts me to NO end. We moved to this state 2 years ago and they live a short distance from us..Ironically my cousin's wife's mom lives around the corner from me!! wth! They know we have nobody else here in the state! and they are the only family I have in this state. My cousin and his wife are also the godparents to BOTH of my kids. Last time we saw them it was for my kids' bday and they came over for cake....said our goodbyes and everything was fine.
I see my cousins wife on Ebay all the time posting new stuff so obviously they are fine!
My cousin's mom and my mom were sisters. My aunt (who is a ***** actually and condescending, rude and insulting-think I mentioned her)Her mentality is just over the top...if a woman doesn't work she is a nobody basically! I have worked all my life and had my twins and worked pt time...then decided to take a few years off for now...to be with them!None of her business actually! but her daughter is a nasty biotch who is stuck in a **** marriage..and knows I have a good marriage etc... She will insult you in front of anyone who is in a room! Last time I saw her was last Xmas after we went to dinner there and told her my hub's father died, and never heard from the raggy biiotch again which is fine with me...because I didn't feel like going to holiday dinners there when she was insulting me!!!!!! It actually made her feel better when I saw how she would insult me and then smile afterwards!! is that sick?And to think she is my mother's sister.And she is supposed to be a Christian!who constantly would rag on anyone who was not Catholic! My mom would be rolling in her grave if she knew.........
Anyway, I sent an email recently to my cousin's email address telling her/him about Mia's freak accident. OMG., not even a response back! I was floored. They are my kids godparents. When I leave here I wont even look back when we move...It ripped my heart in half to know that these people I thought I called "family" didn't even respond about my daughter's horrid accident. Purely shocked to say the least.What the hell?
As some of you know I have not spoken to my brother *my only brother* in about 15 yrs...(after my mom died -big mess---long story)
You cannot pick your family, can you?????
I do feel like cutting my losses and letting it go. Obviously no one on that end gives a ****! I just cannot get over that they don't even care how my kids are..They are their family..and godparents.
I sent you a long DM! They are idiots--cut your losses. You got us!!

Old 09-25-2009, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rothbear View Post
I'm soooo jealous of all the cruising talk! I have been twice, but hubby isn't the best partyer in the world. He tends to turn into a wallflower when he has a drink and is among a lot of people. Would love to go with girlfriends instead. Hmmm........maybe someday DD and I can go by ourselves. Alas, no money to do that right now no matter how good the price. Although I do have a problem with motion sickness, so I just have to wear the "patch" all the time as nothing else helps.

Joy......Yes, I am totally annoyed by the copying. In fact, every time I look out the back door and see their new wall, my blood pressure rises. I would love to do something to ours that would blow them all out of the water.

Tex.........Don't you just hate no shows! How rude can people be. They know that you go to all that trouble to get the house ready for showing, yet they couldn't care less. I will be so glad to get rid of that place so that I NEVER have to go through this again!! Selling this place will be DD's problem and not mine! And I won't be around to care.

A big hello to everybody out there. I think I may take the convertible out for a drive just to clear my head.
Well...if we make this an annual thing with the cruise/vacation for girls--you can come with us in 2011!

If you come up with any new ideas on blowing the neighbors landscaping out of the water--don't share your ideas!!! That way no-one can copy.

I'm over the stupid a$$ no shows. This is WHY I don't get excited any more about showings--matter of fact, I am not even going to post any more about future showings because all it does is upset me when I have to type about the no shows, the stupid feedback, etc....
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Roth taking a long ride may help. You have been under such a strain and your nerve endings must be jangled. Are you near a lake or any body of water? That always worked to de-stress me.

Wow I am tired today, up way too early. So Mr. L suggested pizza.
Water does have amazing destressing qualities!! Why is that?? It always works for me.

Pizza sounds good. I had salad and fruit. I need to get in shape for this cruise. I sent for my renewal passport today!
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoymonkey View Post
Inspection tomorrow morning. the buyers don't come, do they? how long is normal til we hear back about it? does it go to us or only to buyers and they tell us if they want anything done?

ok, some advice and thoughts needed. last time we were in Colorado 1 1/2 yrs ago we met with a great realtor, we couldnt ask for anyone better. completely understood us, "got" us, and felt the same way we do when she moved to Co years earllier. we kept in touch last year, thinking we would sell and kept her updated. she sent us listings, too. then when we listed back in March, i contacted her again, she had changed realty agencies but was changing back to where we first met her. updated her again about being back on market and whatever. so the other day i emailed her that we are under contract and will be out to buy a house soon. got the email back that it was invalid. so i called the number i had. she called and emailed me, too.
so here's what's interesting. her email came from Hotmail, not her agency based email. i emailed back telling her more of our situation, some mls's we're looking at, and asked what agency are you now with. the response i got was again from Hotmail, no answer to what agency are you with and that her system was down and she couldnt access the mls. what would you all think??
I was present for the inspection when I bought my house! I paid for it!! The sellers were not there.

My guess she is no longer with an agency and might be trying to sell homes on her own. Send a direct email with only the line "I need to know which agency you are working with now" Don't say anything else!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate