Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: At what temperature do you keep your thermostat in the summer months?
70 7 20.00%
80 3 8.57%
76 8 22.86%
82 4 11.43%
78 7 20.00%
74 6 17.14%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 10:05 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,347,017 times

Advertisements

Oy! There's just so much wrong here I can't stand it.
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks
To the OP. I live in NJ and my realtor is awful. She told me I should do a short sale if I wanted to really get out..We are not desperate! credit is good too! I canot believe she even went there thinking she would make a commission that way????? She is clueless and isn't even computer literate. THe only way I found that out is one day I asked her to change something on Realtor.com and didn't know how! that the secretary would "make the changes!". The last one we had was lame too. She never returned calls and if we had a showing she would EMAIL me instead of picking up the phone! How lazy....

Yes, more training is needed for some of these dim witted people. Some not all!! Not trying to make a blanket statement here!We just ran into losers!! 500 days on market and this agent doesn't know her head from her aszzzz!!!. Just ask C21 lol..

I hope they tighten the reigns for people who want to become agents!! I have never seen such lazy people here! in this state !

LMAO. SOMEONE'S RESPONSE ABOVE MY POST LOL. THIS IS FROM THE REALTOR PROFESSIONAL BOARD....I had to voice my opinion THIS TOPIC . I must rep him/her. lol. //www.city-data.com/forum/real-...do-become.html

Old 10-05-2009, 11:14 AM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,371,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rothbear View Post

Well, it's lunch time and I need to go work on those wine journals for my next show! Take care and we all need to sit down tonight, watch our favorite show and have a glass, or two, of wine or our favorite beverage of choice. It's raining here, so I guess I won't be able to do my fall pruning like I wanted. May not get done until the end of the week because it's supposed to rain for the next couple of days.
What are wine journals?
Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post

Do you all know your neighbors , say hello to them? do not talk to them?
I remember when I lived back in NY growing up and we knew all our neighbors and I am still friends with some of them after 40 years!! THings were so different back in the "old" days LOL>>>

Dogmom- Get to Michael's and start decorating. I don't do fall decorations but do love Xmas. This Xmas I just want to box EVERYTHING up and say the hell with it!! but for the kids.........I will do it.............Screw any BUYERS WHO DON'T THINK IT'S POLITICALLY CORRECT TO DECORATE.......at "Christ"mas!!!!
Ok, my Noah is going to be a pirate for Halloween and my Mama Mia is going to be a "fairy" ( a pink one LOL)I wanted to get this one peacock outfit frm Pottery Barn but it was 100.00!! no thanks LOL>>>>>not for 1 day.

OMG. I have to tell you guys this one. My blood is boiling. I see one of the lowballer's that moved in next to mr. Donut and the guy is taking his 3 year OLD SON on a motorcycle without A HELMET! With a helmet is even nuts! omg. THis neighborhood is nuts.
Also yesterday I saw a stupid idiot riding his mountain bike with his son who was no more than 18 mo. to a year old in his arms while on the damn bike. OMG. Scary...and these are the ones that nothing happens to their kids EVER!
In response to the motorcylces and NO HELMETS:.....

Yes, you have to decorate for Christmas for the twins--screw what everyone else thinks.

You have to post pics or send me pics of the "pink fairy" and the "pirate"!!!

I know my neighbors on each side of my house and the 3 houses across the street from me. Those are the only ones I know. In fact when I go to the beach ...I am going with my neighbors who live to the right of me.

Old 10-05-2009, 11:18 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,849,768 times
Hi all. Dinner was great, great friends, food and laughs. Just hanging and relaxing today with leftovers.

It's beyond depressing weather wise-no sun since early last week and get this-----3 people sofar have told me we are to get snow Oct. 11th.

Old 10-05-2009, 12:35 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,273,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
Yep--not the right dog at all. That dog was only 11 months old and snapping at strangers and trying to bite us. I am wondering if they hit that dog... She said "she'll warm up to you..." But what about when my sister has company?? That means she has to put the dog in a separate room. That dog was not raised correctly--not socialized with others. I point blank asked her if she socialized the dog and she said "Yes"....I don't believe her. My dog is well socialized and would NEVER think of biting anyone. He might lick you to death, but that's all.

Yes, I thought it was VERY considerate of my to not let my dog puke on my sisters upholstery!!

Good luck on the appraisal today Stoy!! Kudos to you for understanding your husbands level of stress too!

Yes, how on earth do you remember all that?!?!? My steelers WON!!! 38-28. Our OFFENSE was great!

NICE!! FREE MONEY!!!
That's sad about the lost revenue for the peanut farmers.

Glad to hear Fall has finally arrived for you. I love Fall decorations, but I don't feel like decorating and I am not going to decorate for Christmas either.

Your first home---was that in Utah?
Tex, our first home was in Covina, CA, just east of L.A. we were there from 1978-1997...just short of 19 years by a couple months..it was soo hard to leave, in retrospect we had stayed too long, does that make sense..our next home was in Claremont, CA, about 15 miles to the east of the first one...THAT is the home I still miss..I'll have to see if I can find a picture of that home...its the only one I miss still, but we drove by there a couple weeks ago, and I had not gone by since the day we moved out 6 years ago, and the owners had let it go...it was sad because we had spent a lot of time and $$ landscaping the front and it was sad...but in a way it helped me because it told me it was not the same place..so maybe that was that homes way of telling me its ok to move on and make THIS our home...sounds good anyway..lol

We only lived in southern Utah for just under 3 years...about 2.5 years too much lol..we are native southern Californians...

Old 10-05-2009, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Stoy.........I didn't know he had built it, either. Puts a whole new light on things. Although it doesn't excuse him from taking it out on you, it does make more sense. The sale was basically a judgement on his work. I think the book was wrong, men are from Pluto and not Mars! Or maybe even the Andromedea galaxy! In my heart, I know we have to try and understand them and be concious of their feelings and the way they see things, but it is so hard to do that sometimes. Just know that at least you are sold and it will hopefully be over soon. I only wish I had that hope.

My hubby also put a lot of work into our house. In fact, not too long ago he replaced all the interior doors and woodwork with handfinished (his work) oak doors and woodwork. Plus we did a lot of other remodeling inside including kitchen, bathroom and family room. Plus he and his brother are in the midst of dealing with their mother, who may have to go to an assisted living home. So they will be charged with selling her house as well. Although they do have someone interested already, which is a good thing because it is an HGTV nightmare! Very small cape cod with very small bedrooms, 1 bath, ugly wallpaper, ugly dirty carpet, etc. etc.

Well, it's lunch time and I need to go work on those wine journals for my next show! Take care and we all need to sit down tonight, watch our favorite show and have a glass, or two, of wine or our favorite beverage of choice. It's raining here, so I guess I won't be able to do my fall pruning like I wanted. May not get done until the end of the week because it's supposed to rain for the next couple of days.
Hey Roth, this sounds kind of stupid, but what is a wine journal? Do you have an Etsy shop? show us what you have to sell sista!

I used to have your email, can you dm it to me again??

Old 10-05-2009, 01:24 PM

2,364 posts, read 4,872,148 times
A wine journal is a book where you can record various wines that you buy, where you bought it. what winery it is from, what grapes were used, when you bought it, when you opened it, and your thoughts on it. That way when you remember that you bought "something, somewhere" and really liked it, you can go back and find the info on it. Plus you also know that you like a certain winery, or a certain grape varietal. DD gave me the idea to do something like this because living near the NY Finger Lakes wine region, she and her friends try a lot of different wines and have a hard time remembering them all. Last year I made a small version of one, but DD said that it filled up too fast. So this year I have created a hard backed version which is wire bound and has 100 pages in it (50 double sided pages). The coverboards are covered with a tuscan looking paper and will have a "wine word" transparency overlaid on the front and plain transparency overlaid on the back and accented with purple ribbon and a grape charm. Unfortunately my binder is not punching properly, so I am waiting for a replacement. I'm getting everything ready so as soon as I get the binder I can get them all finished.

I actually have had several people tell me I should open an etsy account. I sell handstamped cards and stamped gifts (coasters, magnets, checkbook covers, calenders, card storage boxes). But my items go way above the average "stamped" card. I have been published in an idea book. I used to live near (and hubby is from) the town where Jimmy Stewart was born.....Indiana, Pennsylvania. Since I did several shows in that area I created a card based on "It's A Wonderful Life". The head of the Jimmy Stewart Museum saw it and commissioned me to make them to sell in their gift shop. The woman who played Zuzu in the movie came to the museum one weekend for an event, saw the cards and bought all of them up! So my cards have gone to Hollywood as well.

Anyway, that's what I do. I used to have a lot of the stuff on a free photo site, but they closed so now I don't really have them anywhere. I suppose I could put them on PicasaWeb now, but I hesitate because I don't really want the designs all over the internet. I don't mind if someone uses a general idea, but there are too many people who will copy a design directly and profit from it. I would be extremely upset to see someone win a prize, or get on a design team, using one of my designs!! Plus I haven't scanned anything from my recent stuff. I have actually sold off most of my retired designs from that period of time.

Old 10-05-2009, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Hi all. Dinner was great, great friends, food and laughs. Just hanging and relaxing today with leftovers.

It's beyond depressing weather wise-no sun since early last week and get this-----3 people sofar have told me we are to get snow Oct. 11th.
I feel for you Lace---Oct 11th is TOO EARLY for that nasty cold white stuff.

Old 10-05-2009, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Tex, our first home was in Covina, CA, just east of L.A. we were there from 1978-1997...just short of 19 years by a couple months..it was soo hard to leave, in retrospect we had stayed too long, does that make sense..our next home was in Claremont, CA, about 15 miles to the east of the first one...THAT is the home I still miss..I'll have to see if I can find a picture of that home...its the only one I miss still, but we drove by there a couple weeks ago, and I had not gone by since the day we moved out 6 years ago, and the owners had let it go...it was sad because we had spent a lot of time and $$ landscaping the front and it was sad...but in a way it helped me because it told me it was not the same place..so maybe that was that homes way of telling me its ok to move on and make THIS our home...sounds good anyway..lol
I would love to see a pic of it if you can find one. I know I am going to miss my house--it's the first house I ever owned. I have wonderful neighbors around me. It will be sad leaving when I do finally sell.
Quote:
Anyway, that's what I do. I used to have a lot of the stuff on a free photo site, but they closed so now I don't really have them anywhere. I suppose I could put them on PicasaWeb now, but I hesitate because I don't really want the designs all over the internet. I don't mind if someone uses a general idea, but there are too many people who will copy a design directly and profit from it. I would be extremely upset to see someone win a prize, or get on a design team, using one of my designs!! Plus I haven't scanned anything from my recent stuff. I have actually sold off most of my retired designs from that period of time.
That is really interesting Roth. Couldn't you copyright your designs so someone can not copy them? That way your designs would be under copyright laws and anyone who uses them could be violating the laws and subjected to penalties....

Old 10-05-2009, 01:58 PM

Quote:
A wine journal is a book where you can record various wines that you buy, where you bought it. what winery it is from, what grapes were used, when you bought it, when you opened it, and your thoughts on it. That way when you remember that you bought "something, somewhere" and really liked it, you can go back and find the info on it. Plus you also know that you like a certain winery, or a certain grape varietal. DD gave me the idea to do something like this because living near the NY Finger Lakes wine region, she and her friends try a lot of different wines and have a hard time remembering them all. Last year I made a small version of one, but DD said that it filled up too fast. So this year I have created a hard backed version which is wire bound and has 100 pages in it (50 double sided pages). The coverboards are covered with a tuscan looking paper and will have a "wine word" transparency overlaid on the front and plain transparency overlaid on the back and accented with purple ribbon and a grape charm. Unfortunately my binder is not punching properly, so I am waiting for a replacement. I'm getting everything ready so as soon as I get the binder I can get them all finished.

I actually have had several people tell me I should open an etsy account. I sell handstamped cards and stamped gifts (coasters, magnets, checkbook covers, calenders, card storage boxes). But my items go way above the average "stamped" card. I have been published in an idea book. I used to live near (and hubby is from) the town where Jimmy Stewart was born.....Indiana, Pennsylvania. Since I did several shows in that area I created a card based on "It's A Wonderful Life". The head of the Jimmy Stewart Museum saw it and commissioned me to make them to sell in their gift shop. The woman who played Zuzu in the movie came to the museum one weekend for an event, saw the cards and bought all of them up! So my cards have gone to Hollywood as well.

Well, I think you should open an etsy shop...you would blow em away..I shop a couple Etsy sellers...do it! I would love to see what you have, I love handmade cards and the wine journal intrigues me! I remember us chatting about the finger lakes wine and the rieselings last year! Can you do a album here on CD, you can make them private so only your friends see them...just a thought, I a dying here to see the goods girl.

Old 10-05-2009, 02:30 PM

1,869 posts, read 4,023,087 times
Roth, i'd love to see a pic of your wine journals. i have one but packed away. about 2 years ago, I went to my cousin's wine tasting party. He's about 10 yrs older, wall street, rich and fancy. and there's me and my husband, simple, country life. But I brought my wine journal and was he impressed! gave me a box of reidel wine glasses and a $70 or $80 bottle of wine (i had to look it up!) haha, no one else got anything...
thanks everyone for luck for appraisal. they have a large down payment so it doesnt really matter but i'd like to "stick it to them" if our house appraises high!! i dont know why that would make me feel good!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate