Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: At what temperature do you keep your thermostat in the summer months?
70 7 20.00%
80 3 8.57%
76 8 22.86%
82 4 11.43%
78 7 20.00%
74 6 17.14%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 10:16 PM

11,874 posts, read 11,030,589 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
joy, any chance you guys could ever get back together???!!??

to all

pitter patter
Probably not, Sara, though only God knows for sure. He's currently the accessor for an unnamed large county in the states, thinking of running for commissioner, probably and should win, and I'm here with my offices. So . . . he's been dating same woman for like 6 years, but never remarried. Sad thing is because he was never good at communicating, I didn't realize how much he did love me until I left him and at that time I was pretty screwed up 'cause of issues from childhood. So . . . God already has everything worked out, it's just us humans that don't know what the plan is. All I know is that we both remember our anniversary each year, which is why he's already started sending me funny jokes, etc. (though one was about unusual headstones) 'cause that's what he does, and I'll get drunk tomorrow night and continue my yearly ritual of sending a barely legible email to him. Just bummed that I didn't know then what I know now, ya know? No rewind button in life, so I can't go back decades and do things differently. So . . . I just try to let go and let God. He's the man with the plan. Guess we've given the peeps a wide range of topics over the last few days LOL

Old 07-06-2009, 10:53 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,350,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by c21boquetebocasgold View Post
So this is a very sneeky idea, but well . . . he loves oatmeal, right? Only thing the man will eat, right? Well, it has to be mixed with SOMETHING so instead of mixing with just water or milk throw in some protien/nutrient mix.

If ya can't beat them, TRICK THEM
GREAT IDEA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Okay here's my story-July 10th,1967, celebrating my bf's divorce, out to dinner, in walks Mr. L and a friend. We ate,danced, bf and I got in my convertible-he leaned in and kissed me goodnite and we've been together ever since. Told my bf that night-I met the one! Ask me if I'd do it again-I take the 5th or drink the 5th!
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoymonkey View Post
lacey what a sweet story!
My DH, i've known for 24 yrs. brought my last boyfriend to 2 of his parties. at the 2nd party, i looked at my friend, now husband, and said to myself that he was the most perfect guy i knew, he'd never go out with me but maybe one day i'll try. that was 7 yrs ago and he still says he's the lucky one!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
I will be married 7 years on 7/27 this month!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
May, 1976..I was living with my great aunt and we were laying around in the evenings watching bowling for dollars and she said, you have to get out of here and have some fun. So they were starting a bowling league a work, a summer league, I had never bowled but I just bit the bullet..I had only been working at this office for about 6 mo, kind of a shy girl and just thought, what the heck. So I went the first night, and dogpaw was there..He was the kind of guy in the office that had all the girl 'friends'. We started chatting. I was the boss' clerk, so everyone thought i was kind of stuck up, i was just shy actually. Anyway, a group went to dinner after bowling, and that was that.

We worked in the same office for about 5 months after that and he got a transfer to a better paying job mo money! We got engaged right after that job transfer and he still swears 33 years later that I arranged for that transfer because I worked for the boss. Nope. Now what my boss did, I have no clue, haha. Honest, I think it was just time for that job change for him. We were married about 11 months to the day after our first date. And that's been 32 years.
These are such wonderful stories of how you met the loves of your life! I wish some day I would meet the love of mine. I think I already met him though and that time has passed. You can't always go home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
joy, any chance you guys could ever get back together???!!??
I was thinking the same thing C'ma!
Quote:
Originally Posted by c21boquetebocasgold View Post
Probably not, Sara, though only God knows for sure. He's currently the accessor for an unnamed large county in the states, thinking of running for commissioner, probably and should win, and I'm here with my offices. So . . . he's been dating same woman for like 6 years, but never remarried. Sad thing is because he was never good at communicating, I didn't realize how much he did love me until I left him and at that time I was pretty screwed up 'cause of issues from childhood. So . . . God already has everything worked out, it's just us humans that don't know what the plan is. All I know is that we both remember our anniversary each year, which is why he's already started sending me funny jokes, etc. (though one was about unusual headstones) 'cause that's what he does, and I'll get drunk tomorrow night and continue my yearly ritual of sending a barely legible email to him. Just bummed that I didn't know then what I know now, ya know? No rewind button in life, so I can't go back decades and do things differently. So . . . I just try to let go and let God. He's the man with the plan. Guess we've given the peeps a wide range of topics over the last few days LOL
Joy, have you ever had a heart to heart talk with him about the way you feel now? Maybe he feels the same way and it could work out in the end.

Old 07-07-2009, 02:52 AM

1,320 posts, read 3,695,031 times
Well, my prime buyers walked away(I had two offers after none for a year). One of the parents told them this is a TERRIBLE time to buy a house. The economy,economy,economy... They are going to wait until next year. And I was thinking this is a great time to buy. Silly me! My other buyer called and wants to see the house again this week. He is still rather low on his counter. His first offer was so low my realtor would not even write it. It all seems a waste of time, but I guess I will just continue on....

Old 07-07-2009, 03:04 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,261,331 times
CDC, 'going on' is about all you can do.....I don't care what anyone says, as much as it seems to be a good time to buy, its hard for buyers to get financing and I wonder if these buyers are really going to start jumping in there. I know we went through the mill and back trying to buy this place a couple months ago. and having been homeowners for over 30 years with no late payments, etc..you would think my husband and I would be treated like royalty, but we are retired and i guess we didn't look as good as we thougth we did on paper. It's all about the paperwork.

Hopefully the next buyer will jump on in..I am a little concerned that your agent did not write up the offer even though it was low? Don't they have a duty to you and the buyer to present the offer? That's how negotiations get started.

Good luck to you..

Old 07-07-2009, 05:21 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,812,044 times
CD great for them to step in like that-NOT!!! Lousy advice.

Well-we met 7/10/67, engaged 9/10/67, married 2/10/68-6 mos. and now it's 42 yrs.

Sweet stories all.

Old 07-07-2009, 05:38 AM

1,320 posts, read 3,695,031 times
dogmom- The first offer was a verbal offer only. He was simply fishing. It was more than 25% off asking. His next offer was low, but is at least respectable. This buyer is under the impression that EVERY seller is deparate. I don't need to sell the house at this time, it is just too big for me.

The lone buyer left is well qualified , and has been given the green light for a mortgage, so I don;t want to toss him aside, but he is still 5k too low, and I have come down more than that. I guess if I was desperate, I would sell at his price. I do understand it is a buyers market, but my house is already in the low end of recent comps.

What is really getting strange... I really like the house, and can afford it. The biggest thorn was the yard work. Since I hired someone to do it, I am kind of enjoying it. This whole selling process just seems to be a complete waste of time, but I realize I have to keep trying. Anyway, thanks to you all for listening. I know there are many is the same boat.

Old 07-07-2009, 05:47 AM

2,505 posts, read 6,141,708 times
Such romantic stories...love to hear about love. C21, you never know...it may happen between you again. Tex, better to have loved and lost, than never to have loved at all.

NJ...what is wrong with your realtor...? She's just there for the offers/closing/commission. How about showing your house, and getting interested buyers to look at it. Hey, I thought that was part of being a realtor, but maybe it's all about sitting back and waiting for your commission check.

Dogmom, glad to hear you sound so much better.

Crazyma, how are things with DD and DGD?

CDCGuy, sorry about the buyers walking. It's great that you have interested second lookers...hey, you never know.

Lacey, I know that Mr. L. is being fussy about food, but maybe his body is telling him to just eat bland for now. Did you talk to his Doc. about nutrition?
Hope he continues to heal and get stronger. Hang in there...you are amazing, and not an enabler, but a true loving partner who is supporting her dh through the toughest of times.

Texas..how's your brother doing? Those kids are going to be lucky to have such a caring person as their nurse.

Painter, Stoy, Lorrie, what's up? Wisteria, how are you doing with getting some financial/landscaping support?

HDL..., we are all waiting to hear what the good news is? Can you give us a hint?

Joy, how much would it cost for a small piece of land with a hammock tied between two coconut palms near the beach? Maybe we could form Crazy Camp Panama and all put in $1,000 to buy a piece of paradise, then all meet you and each other there! DH and I took a 10 day bus trip through Costa Rica. What a beautiful place. I loved the Pacific Coast beaches (Manuel Antonio), and Tortegero (sp?) on the Atlantic side. Are there any active volcanoes in Panama? We stayed at a place near Arenal...an active volcano, and it erupted during the night. That was a sound you will never forget. We got to see a small lava flow trickle down the side of the volcano, and light the foliage on fire as it traveled. So cool.

Last edited by tambre; 07-07-2009 at 05:50 AM.. Reason: Misquoted a quote

Old 07-07-2009, 06:33 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,337,896 times
Quote:
NJ...what is wrong with your realtor...? She's just there for the offers/closing/commission. How about showing your house, and getting interested buyers to look at it. Hey, I thought that was part of being a realtor, but maybe it's all about sitting back and waiting for your commission check.
Tambre Isn't that unreal? The money these people make and to sht on you!! I don't even know if I should write anything back to her!
You wanna hear something funny? About a month ago she had called regarding a showing and said, this is Jean, you know, your agent?!"
WTH!!!!!!!!!!! is all I can say...

Quote:
Joy, drunk emails eh....i've done drunk calling...i hear a glass of wine calling my name
Dogmom- ROFL!! That's called "Calling America" when you are tipsy!! I've done it myself.....lol...

Quote:
These are such wonderful stories of how you met the loves of your life! I wish some day I would meet the love of mine. I think I already met him though and that time has passed. You can't always go home.
Tex-------is he married now? It's never too late if you don't try!!

Lacey- did Mr. L eat anything different this am?

C21- You are a hoot sister sledge!!! Maybe your ex and you will get back one day???
Where is Hammy???? Hammy- how did the 3 hr. GTT go?? Hope you are OK!

Old 07-07-2009, 06:35 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,337,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdcdguy View Post
Well, my prime buyers walked away(I had two offers after none for a year). One of the parents told them this is a TERRIBLE time to buy a house. The economy,economy,economy... They are going to wait until next year. And I was thinking this is a great time to buy. Silly me! My other buyer called and wants to see the house again this week. He is still rather low on his counter. His first offer was so low my realtor would not even write it. It all seems a waste of time, but I guess I will just continue on....

Hang in there. We are all in the same boat........Sink or swim...but we are still swimming because we are a tough crowd here lol..... This market sucks. One year coming up for us and one 50k lowball offer....

Old 07-07-2009, 07:00 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,812,044 times
Tex-never too late!

BTW-NJS I was a very young baby-bride-LOL.

Yes sort of a difference today-I sense he's stronger this morning and guess what-omelets for dinner-set up from oatmeal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.