Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: At what temperature do you keep your thermostat in the summer months?
70 7 20.00%
80 3 8.57%
76 8 22.86%
82 4 11.43%
78 7 20.00%
74 6 17.14%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 11:22 PM

311 posts, read 915,537 times

Advertisements

Heyyyyyyyy Painter...hows it going now? If you are done, want to come help me??

Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Hey hey Jody! Yep I have some cabinets too, almost got those bad boys beat though.

I still have 1/2 the cabinets to go. I was planning on changing hardware too, but then found out that the holes for hinges would have to be changed, so we are just going to lightly sand them, and put those puppies back up. The paint alone has made a BIG difference! I really wish we had done it sooner.

I have another agent coming in the morning and my own place is a wreck, the guy I hired to help in the yard didn't show up and now it wont get anything done till next Sat. The inside is not all that bad but it won't cut it by my standards. Might postpone her for a week or two since my contract with current agent who is out of the country doesn't expire till SEPT 2!! DONT WAIT...call her office and say " I am withdrawing my listing NOW" Just because you listed with them does not obligate you if they are not helping you to get your house sold. !Doubt that it matters since the best selling time is coming quickly to an end, right Joy? Right, Jody?? I used to think that the "off" season (summer in FL, winter in IN) meant that houses wouldnt sell, and to a certain point, it does slow down some, but not totally. If you feel you want to pull the listing to "refresh" it a bit, that might make sense, but I would keep going.One of my listings which has been listed for almost a year and which we have reduced $14,000 since March of this year, just got an offer ....of $90,000 . We countered and I told the other agent that before my clients would accept such a low offer they would let it go via short sale or foreclosure. Now we have another party who just saw it Saturday interested. No offer from them yet...but my point is...KEEP GOING...just when you think you cant stand it anymore is just when its probably going to sell. GOOD LUCK

Old 07-14-2009, 07:01 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,838,830 times
Morning all-CrazyMa it's so simple not a fave of mine but Mr. L and my kids love it. It's American Chop Suey and there are many variations, I brown very lean ground beef with onion, garlic, add canned diced tomatoes, worstershire, salt/pepper, dried basil, parsley, can of tomato soup. Then mix with cooked macaroni, top with bread crumbs, dot w/butter and bake. Sometimes I'll bury chunks of velveeta in it.

Old 07-14-2009, 07:38 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,442,149 times
Morning campers,

Spent 98% of yesterday laying down with a killer headache and didn't get anything done. First time in a couple of years that has happened, still not up to par, stomach still queezy (sp) and just plain ole yuck. Did try to get on cd for a minute but couldnt, said the site was not available.?.

Spoke to the agent on the phone, couldn't deal with company, and all my 1st impressions went out the window. Asked her what she thought and well here is what she said....I am very familiar with your house since I was the original listing agent. Okay now that is right but it was almost 9 yrs ago. She goes on to say I see that you did paint the inside but .... lalalalal I really dont have any viable comps but even with out seeing it first hand I think you need to drop your price 30K !! Okay then...9 yrs ago the house had no barn, 8 trailer loads of trash, and all the original fixtures inside along with 7 different flooring and a plastic tulip chandeliar! Now I know we no longer get "credit" for updates but there is still value in move in ready vs rehab. So Joy & Jody, how wrong am I? Here is the thing- In the mls I did a wide search, 40 mile radius, with these perimeters: no more than 325k, 10+ acreas, 2000+ sq ft, barn & pool and I am the only one that shows up. Take away the pool and 2 other listings join mine, smaller homes and less land, one higher and one lower by 15k. Now if you take away all out side amenities then 6 pop up inc. mine 3 are higher and 2 lower. Oh and the lowest price one is a short sale. There are a total of 19 properties listed, starting at 1.5 million and surprising to me is there are several over 500k that are no better than mine. Thoughts anyone?? This has me so dang confused now, just dont understand where the numbers are coming from............

Okay that is my rant for today, no wonder I have a killer headacke! I will catch up on the Chop Suey and injured pets later. Take the baby to your regular vet and tell the other to stick that bill up his anal size you know what. OOOPPs

Old 07-14-2009, 07:41 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,269,720 times
Mornin' campers..just got up, cup of coffee #1, heat wrap on my neck. Took a couple of aleve already..I have got to find health care here. I need a chiropractor that does not crack me, I guess kind of alternative type chiro like my dr in WA, my lower back is killin me. I can't turn over in bed. I had xrays in March and have C spine and T spine degeneration and spinal arthritis according to the report. I hurt a lot of the time..if its degeneration is that just age related...probably doesnt help the fibromyalgia does it...and I find it hard to believe that with that, my Epstein Barr, chronic fatigue and the pain social security still thinks I can work 40 hours a week. Reminder to self..call attorney today.

Lacey that sounds delish..have to write that down..

Ok off to start my morning I guess...

Old 07-14-2009, 07:55 AM

11,874 posts, read 11,041,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jodyrose View Post
Heyyyyyyyy Painter...hows it going now? If you are done, want to come help me??
Awesome advice, Jody, especially since she's run comps and what she's found out (and it is gorgeous - would almost make me move back to the states). Agent MIA, short term left on the contract, etc. etc. - I also really liked your strategy with the one set of buyers when you presented the counter - might just get them thinking, hmmm straight sale or hassles of short sale (which just from the low offer amount makes me think they're wanting the benefit of a SS, i.e., super low price, without the hassle) who knows, might hear back from them and now you have the other buyers who have already seen it interested. You go girl

Old 07-14-2009, 08:11 AM

11,874 posts, read 11,041,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Morning all-CrazyMa it's so simple not a fave of mine but Mr. L and my kids love it. It's American Chop Suey and there are many variations, I brown very lean ground beef with onion, garlic, add canned diced tomatoes, worstershire, salt/pepper, dried basil, parsley, can of tomato soup. Then mix with cooked macaroni, top with bread crumbs, dot w/butter and bake. Sometimes I'll bury chunks of velveeta in it.
Oh, God, I'm with you in that I never cared for it but my mom used the darn canned stuff (this was a million years ago) so the only thing I liked were the crunchy things on top (but your version actually sounds rather yummy) At least some red meat in it so you're on your way to that cheeseburger

Old 07-14-2009, 08:13 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,269,720 times
Hi Painter, hope you feel better today girlfriend.

That is so confusing..sounds like there just aren't any comps near you. I know when we sold our place in Northern CA in 2005, we lived on 3 acres, and it was considered country property. All custom homes, no tract homes, and our agent then said it was hard to comp those..each one was so different and even the properties were different...I know how you are feeling, and in a down market its even tougher. that ONE buyer is out there, but there is some reason that you are not able to sell now...your property is beautiful and from what I have seen I would grab it in a lick. but I am not a buyer..and I think folks are still scared to buy. Panama is sounding better all the time..

Ok need to get moving here, literally off my buttski...wanted to say hi Painter and hope you are feeling better today! hugs to you!

Old 07-14-2009, 08:37 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,838,830 times
Painter thinking of you friend. You are one strong lady.

Old 07-14-2009, 08:44 AM

1,869 posts, read 4,021,464 times
Hugs, Painter, drink extra water today, maybe you're dehydrated.
im in cleaning mode this am. figure, if i clean it, they will come. we got new carpeting in our basement, just over a year ago. after the robbery in which our basement partially flooded, we noticed how a lot of glue seeped up in the seams. whether from a crappy job or when the cleaners had to lift the carpet to dry it, dont know. My DH figured a way to clean it! so excited,since it looks so awful. glue seam runs the length of the room, about 24 ft, i think and got more than half up. just worried that the soap residue will attract dirt.
ok nuff talk about cleaning...

Old 07-14-2009, 10:09 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,442,149 times
Thanks all, I am not a person who gets sick often so it really really makes me mad when I do. Stoy, You maybe right, the heat and humidity is horrible and my dd reminded me last night about how I "sorta" overheated the day before. It was so dang hot in the downstairs room with the air off and rolling out 12' ceilings, though I was gonna fall out at one point, not kiddin' looked like I just stepped out of the shower. DD walked in and started jumpin all over me about it too...the other mom in the house! Just cant take the heat like I use to, lol. Old just sucks you know.
Anyway enough whining from me, tomorrow is a better day! Taken' it easy again today, just alittle bit of work here and there. DD is ridin' my backside, it scares her when I say I am not up to par!

Stoy, What did you use to get the glue up? Always looking for this kinda of info. to put in my "notes". I used a oxy cleaner on my living room carpet, just some spots, and it worked great for awhile. A month later I have hugh WHITE areas from the sun bleaching it out, at least I think that is what did it. Brewed a pot of tea and whala, no more white spots!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.