Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2007, 07:07 AM

10 posts, read 40,340 times

Advertisements

Keith is right, They probably got your address because you might have been late on a payment. Those companies seek people in distress. It's not for someone who simply wants to sell their house.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2007, 08:08 AM

3 posts, read 17,332 times
Cool Follow Up

Hi all,
Actually, I believe that they do a mass mailing and hope that something hits. In my situation I have owned my home for 8 years and have never been late (home is scheduled to be paid off in 12 more years). If the parameters do not fit then the statement then the statement is incorrect. That is why my original premise is that they mass mail.

Look, someone right now is having a hard time keeping their home. They are embarrassed and do not want anyone to know. They are located in subdivision "x". If you do a mass mailing to that zip code or neighborhood you will get that person. That person "Freaking out" will probably say "oh what a blessing" not knowing that they may be getting ripped off.

It is so unfortunate, THE HAWKS ARE OUT THERE. Here is a fast scenario...
You buy a home four years ago and during this timeline the home prices have sky rocketed between 20%-40% in the last three years. You bought your home for 150,000 now the home should sell for 300,000. Unfortunately, the market has gone bad so you get worried and go with a quick offer of unloading your home loan and maybe a couple of thousand to facilitate your move (nice hawk, nice hawk, nice hawk...).
IN REALITY, you could've sold your home quick at a 50,000 market loss which would really be 250,000 which is still a full 100,000 above what you bought it for three years ago. It is just that you DIDN'T KNOW and wanted out.
CHECK IT OUT WITH YOUR LOCAL REALTOR (HOUSTON, I SAY AGAIN CHECK IT OUT WITH YOUR LOCAL REALTOR )

Old 08-22-2008, 06:11 PM

1 posts, read 1,388 times
Default MAFC Residential

I hope that it's not too late for you but ...PLEASE...don't do it...you have choices. Hopefully, you won't have to make this company or a similar company one of them.

It's all I can say right now, but please consider and do your research.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate