Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 02:29 PM

3,291 posts, read 9,187,103 times

Advertisements

Quote:
You could clear your cookies on your browser and that would eliminate the tracking.

I have a couple of clients who are loyal but they drop by my website every day.
Actually, no it won't.

See the screenshot below, that is the Who's Online from a store I own. One of those two is me, the other is a google bot spider.

If she is registered with her realtor, it will still leave a trace in there and in a place called the Awstats that most people have set up in their hosting.

Liz
Attached Thumbnails
My realtor always seems to know if I am browsing properties on the website of the brokerage she belongs to-image2.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2009, 07:12 AM

2,249 posts, read 8,897,149 times
My site does this also. I often times call a customer saying...don't get scared, I can see you are looking at such and such, here is the scoop with that house. And no, clearing cookies wouldn't stop the tracking. Once you are registered, you're registered. If you re-register with a different name or email address, it just starts tracking that one.

Old 07-18-2009, 04:30 PM

311 posts, read 915,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold*dust1 View Post
Wow I would find that annoying! I found my realtors local site much better than realtor.com, zillow etc. but I never actually signed in. I don't get why you feel you have to buy something that is "covered" by your agent? It should be about you and what you want. I think they should respect your privacy, unless you bring it up specifically.
Unless you are totally leaving the area (going outside the local MLS that your agent covers) they can show you anything. They arent limited to just showing you their listings or their companies listings. I work for C21, but often sell, show Remax and many other agencies listings in a 3 county wide area.

I agree with the other posters, if your agent can see those houses you are looking at, it will help them to find something closer to what you want when you are working together directly. I always tell my folks that once they are set up in our site, if they want to change parameters...price, locations, etc, they are welcome to do so at will. They also have the option to "un-register" at will.

Old 07-18-2009, 08:17 PM

353 posts, read 1,728,868 times
Why do you care if she knows what you're looking at.

Old 07-19-2009, 08:10 AM

4,244 posts, read 8,760,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PghREA View Post
He/She's afraid of getting caught using multiple Realtors.

Old 07-19-2009, 10:26 AM

3,320 posts, read 5,595,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jodyrose View Post
Unless you are totally leaving the area (going outside the local MLS that your agent covers) they can show you anything. They arent limited to just showing you their listings or their companies listings. I work for C21, but often sell, show Remax and many other agencies listings in a 3 county wide area.
Yes (I) understand that Jody. It seemed the OP didn't and/or was being pressured or felt that they should only buy a listing covered directly by her agents brokerage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PghREA View Post
To interject my own opinion: One could surf listings for many different reasons. To be confronted by an agent on surfing history and made to explain such habits, I think is rather intrusive and comes close to used car salesman tactics.

Old 07-19-2009, 11:18 AM

3,291 posts, read 9,187,103 times
Actually I PREFER my realtor know what I am looking at so they know what type house I prefer. Liz

Old 07-19-2009, 11:34 AM

280 posts, read 1,041,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold*dust1 View Post
To interject my own opinion: One could surf listings for many different reasons. To be confronted by an agent on surfing history and made to explain such habits, I think is rather intrusive
I agree.
If you sign up for their site they are going to be able to see what you've browsed, which I guess is fine, but being asked to explain it seems ridiculous.

I always look up listings for random curiosity (drive by a house and wonder what something like that goes for, wonder what double the budget or further out would get you, etc.)--I'd hate for my agent to read much into my searches, as that would take us further off course.

Old 07-19-2009, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernlady5464 View Post
Actually I PREFER my realtor know what I am looking at so they know what type house I prefer. Liz
But that's my point...ones surfing habits don't necessarily indicate what they prefer in a house.

Old 07-19-2009, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by novahousehunter View Post
I agree.
If you sign up for their site they are going to be able to see what you've browsed, which I guess is fine, but being asked to explain it seems ridiculous.

I always look up listings for random curiosity (drive by a house and wonder what something like that goes for, wonder what double the budget or further out would get you, etc.)--I'd hate for my agent to read much into my searches, as that would take us further off course.
I never signed up and actually knew what I wanted by doing my own extensive research much better than my agent ever could! Of course in the back of their mind they are always trying to get you to go with their broker.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate